Transport - Cover

Transport

Copyright© 2019 by Emma

Chapter 6

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

Liz nodded and gave a smile. “I’m sure, sweetie.”

Sarah hugged her in return, and replied, “Thank you so much, I’m so happy you’re here with me for this.”

“I’m sure your ex won’t be that bad,” Liz said, releasing the hug and holding Sarah’s hands.

Sarah gave a dry chuckle. “She might be polite on the outside, but I’m sure you’ll be able to pick up the hidden meanings in her words too. I don’t know how she’ll react to you though, this is the first time she’ll see me with anyone.”

“You told her that I’m coming, right?” Liz asked.

“Erm, well...” Sarah started.

“Sarah!” Liz exclaimed and placed her hands on her hips. In a semi-angry tone, she said, “You mean to tell me she’s going to see me for the first time, without even knowing I’m coming?” Her tone took on a nervous undertone as she continued, “Now I’m feeling worried about this dinner.”

Sarah quickly said, “I’m so sorry! I meant to tell her, but I just couldn’t find the right opportunity. I’m sorry. It’s totally ok if you don’t want to come now.” She reached out and held on to Liz’s hands.

Liz calmed down and replied, “No, I’ve already flown all the way here.” She gave a small squeeze to Sarah’s hands, and continued, “Besides, she’s only your ex. It’s not like I’m coming out to my parents or something.”

With a small smile, Sarah said, “I guess so. Thank you, and I’m so sorry.”

“It’s ok, sweetie,” Liz said again.


With a nervous look on her face, Sarah rang the doorbell and stepped back. After a short moment, footsteps could be heard approaching the door, and Sarah’s heart rate increased with each step.

“Ah, you’re here, Josh,” the woman answering the door said. She opened the door wide, and noticed Liz for the first time. “Oh, and who is this?”

Sarah was silent. Liz stepped forward and said, “Hi, I’m Liz. I’m Sarah‘s girlfriend. It’s nice to finally meet you.”

A shocked look washed over the woman, but it passed quickly. She replied, “I’m Janice, Josh’s ex. Are you aware that he’s–”

Liz interrupted, “I’m fully aware that Sarah is a wonderful woman, thank you.”

Janice huffed and said, “Well then. I suppose since you’re here now, I can’t turn you away, can I? It’s just like Josh to bring unannounced outsiders to our Thanksgiving dinner.”

Sarah composed herself, and gave a quick squeeze on her right hand that was holding onto Liz’s left hand. Sarah said sharply, “Isn’t your boy toy here too?”

A flame grew in Janice’s eyes. She said, “Peter is not a boy toy. He’s my boyfriend, and who knows, he might even become the dad to the children that you never were.”

Before Sarah or Liz could respond, there was a pitter-patter of footsteps running to the door.

“Mommy!” A boy suddenly appeared at the doorway, and launched himself at Sarah. Before she knew it, a girl had also appeared and joined in the group hug.

“Hi kids!” Sarah said happily. Turning her head to Liz, she said, “This is John, and this little one is Jenny.”

Liz knelt down and looked at the children. “Hi John, hello Jenny. I’m Liz. It’s nice to meet you!”

John looked at Sarah and Liz’s joined hands. He looked at Liz and said, “Are you Mommy’s...” With a small giggle, he continued, “Girlfriend?”

Sarah said, “Yes, she is, so be nice to her, okay?”

Cutting into the conversation, Janice said, “Well, come on in then. Wouldn’t want the kids to catch a cold now, would we?”

Stepping into the apartment, Liz could tell that the kids had left their mark. Various toys were left on the floor, and there were pictures stuck to the wall, that were presumably drawn by them. Overall, it felt homely, albeit a home that didn’t accept Sarah.

“Pardon the mess, we weren’t expecting ... guests today,” Janice said.

Liz smiled politely and nodded.

The television in the living room was switched on, and tuned into some sports channel. A young man, in his early twenties or so, was seated on the sofa facing the television. Hearing Janice’s words, the man turned his head and noticed Liz. Liz felt his eyes roam all over her body, stopping momentarily on her breasts. He then turned his gaze over to Sarah, who had a similar treatment.

Clearing her throat loudly, Liz walked forward and extended her hand. “Hi, I’m Liz, Sarah’s girlfriend.”

The man looked momentarily confused. “Sarah?” he asked. “Oh, you mean Josh. Hi, I’m Peter,” he continued, reaching for Liz’s hand and shaking it.

“No, I meant Sarah,” Liz clarified.

“Oh, okay,” Peter said awkwardly, glancing at Janice.

“Liz is Mommy’s girlfriend!” John declared loudly.

“Your mom has a girlfriend?” Peter asked, blinking at Janice.

“Not this mom, silly,” John said, laughing and pointing at Janice. Shifting his finger over to Sarah, he continued, “This Mommy.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.