Saving the Coven Royals  - Book 4 - Cover

Saving the Coven Royals - Book 4

Copyright© 2019 by Hunter Johnson

Chapter 5: Porquenta

“We’re harvesting the fruits of the seeds planted by those before us. Make sure you plant the right seeds for those who come after you. Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”

– Warren Buffett

Jason looked down from the shuttle as they slowly descended towards Porquenta.

“Why are we going so slowly?” Jason asked.

“I handed control to Porquenta at his request, he is flying us.” Said the Captain.

“We are getting close to the ground,” said Jason, “He must have some reason for this slow descent, I wonder what he wants me to see?”

“Oh, my heavens, look at that,” said Jason as he looked down, “that is a full-sized city near his mountain. The city reminds me of Paris, there is a river that looks like the Seine. He recreated Paris! This is extraordinary, he has recreated one of my favorite cities from the planet Earth! He must have taken my memories or more likely he has used my memories to decide on a city then researched the city, I can’t wait to see it at ground level.”

They flew over the Arc-de-Triomphe, then along the Champs-Élysées towards the mountain housing Porquenta and into a new entrance that led them deep underground. Seconds later, Jason found himself standing in a room with Porquenta, who was dressed in a cream linen suit with a white shirt and open collar and a burgundy beret on his head worn rakishly to one side, on his feet were brown slip-ons without socks. He looked like he had not shaved for two days as he observed Jason looking at him.

“Do you think my outfit and new image fits Paris, Jason?” he asked.

“Porquenta, you look awesome as Chuck would say. From the air, it looks like you did a great job and I can’t wait to see what you have done with the city at ground level.” Jason said.

“Sit at the table, Jason, have a drink and something to eat,” he said, as Jason’s two groups manifested next to him at the table. Porquenta laughed seeing their surprise.

“Welcome to you all. I am delighted to see you. Join Jason in having a drink and something to eat, then I will talk to all of you and set you up with your new education systems and computers.”

“This is amazing food Porquenta, the bread is authentic, the pâté is amazing, the sausage is terrific, and even the cheeses are to die for,” Jason said. “Guys, Porquenta has recreated my favorite city from Earth and you have sampled some of the food. Porquenta is appropriately dressed as a citizen of the city.”

Porquenta told them, “The leaders will all be here the day after tomorrow. We have time to do some work, then you can tour Paris this evening. Sheila will be joining you to show you around. You are booked at a three-star Michelin restaurant this evening at eight. You have appropriate clothing in your room dressers. Select formal evening wear. A limousine will fetch you fifteen minutes before your reservation.”

Porquenta looked at Jason and smiled when he saw Jason observing him clearly puzzled. A second later they found themselves in a white room. A simple but elegant central table with a multi-surfaced soccer ball sized device stood in the center of the table.

Sheila appeared out of thin air and provided an introduction. “Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present you with an extraordinary AI. This AI can run a planet and has enough storage to deal with your project data five hundred times. The great advantage of this AI is that you can transport it with you wherever you go and continue to work. The computer can use all the languages of the Bugs, the Empire and the Jumo Empire. This AI represents the best current effort of Porquenta, although, he tells me that it is a long way away from his full capacity as his systems are not yet fully configured and developed. My role is to instruct you in the use of the interfaces and to show you how to connect this AI to systems you are likely to face in the Empire.

“This system connects with the greatest of ease to every known system that you have encountered. When you enter the company, the AI computer will attach to all available entry points to the system, try and break the security encryption if it can, provide you with the passwords, store them and then autonomously enter into the company fully and completely. It will store the linked databases in their entirety but will not be limited by capacity. It will update every time you are in the building. Our mutual concern is that the internal security there is tight and very sophisticated. Previous groups made no headway.

A backpack appeared next to her. Porquenta has a bet with a Collective AI database theoretician going. In here is his AI which will run in parallel with Porquenta’s” - she opened the pack and the AI removed itself and assembled a stand and placed itself upon it - “this can work left in the pack or you can take it out as you wish. If you work with one the instructions go to the other and the interface is the same. The Collective professor wants the two tested one against the other when the data becomes available. In the pack it is weightless in transdim space. I see little reason to take it out of the pack.”

“Jason, you own the company, the CEO is Abel Satora. I have tried to investigate him but without success so far. Your uncle and Imperial intelligence have their suspicions he is into people trafficking and a lot more but cannot catch him at it. Porquenta and I have spoken to your aunt who will ensure that Gamma the AI friend of Brecht, and I can both supervise you and advise you as attached academics to the project. Cassius has been alerted by his intelligence services to the problems you are likely to face. They believe and want you to prove that Abel Satora is facilitating the Cockroaches’ entry into the Empire as the company built the software systems for planet entry and customs control. They observed Satora meeting a known covert representative of the Coven on several occasions,” said Sheila.

Sheila looked at them one by one. “One of you is a traitor who is going to be an informant for the enemy. I would suggest that person comes forward sooner rather than later. I know who you are and I expect you to speak to me, I can help you with your problem.”

“I am going to provide each of you with a new learning cube that is more advanced than your current cubes. It contains everything in those cubes, but we have used Norbert’s methods to provide you with an entirely new and advanced educational system. For the time being, you need to concentrate on the computer languages and the methodologies I’m going to provide. I’m not going to tell you how to do your project, but I am going to ensure that you have everything I know that will allow you to tackle your task. These problems have been previously solved in my society as well as many other societies.” Sheila said and pointed to the cubes that appeared on the table.

“Each of these works exactly the same as your current cube does, it provides you with the information overnight while you sleep and you will also do all the simulations before you awake. Tomorrow, you will discover the power of the computer that I have provided you. Right now, I’m going to send you back to your rooms. Use your cubes for the first time, rest for the next few hours and I will ensure you wake up in sufficient time to dress and prepare for your unique and interesting experience this evening. You are all in the same building, make your way downstairs and you will find your transport awaiting you. I would suggest that you do not consume too much alcohol as it will interfere with your learning tonight and your activities tomorrow.”

Jason returned to his room along with Sheila.

“Jason the cube that you have been given will integrate with your own internal AI the first time you use it and will download all the material for you. Simply indicate where you wish to start, with the cube the first time and then it will transfer itself in its entirety into your AI.” She disappeared an instant later.

Jason switched on his cube and found the educational material for the next day, he continued working until the alarm warned him he needed to get ready. He quickly entered the refresher, moved to the dresser when dry and dressed in a penguin suit with bow tie. At the correct time, he moved downstairs to find two capacious limos waiting for them. The women were in full length gowns the men in dinner suits with white shirts and bowties.

They were underground and as they boarded, the limousines moved forward quickly. Jason saw them both turning towards red tubes which they entered and seconds later they were on the surface and stopped. The drivers opened the doors and the groups climbed out and followed Jason to a very elegant looking restaurant. Jason smiled as he recalled the experience of dining at the original restaurant in Paris with Sarah his deceased wife, while on a business trip in 2001.

The maître d´ smiled at him and said, “I assume that this is the party Kargo?” He smiled as if he knew them well and led them to a large table that accommodated them all.

“The dinner is a ten-course degustation menu, with wines preselected. All of your culinary preferences are known to us and will be accommodated,” said the maître d´.

The wine waiter brought two bottles of wine to the table and opened both at side tables, before offering them to Jason to taste. They were both great wines and Jason nodded his acceptance. The wines were poured into large elegant crystal goblets. Jason observed the waiters and the kitchen staff intently. They were all exactly as he remembered them from a visit to Paris and the meal was exactly as he recalled it. If anything, it was even better this time.

It was a delightful evening, despite everyone being tired. They had all used their learning cubes. Razza appeared to be in her element chatting and joking and entertaining them all. Julia similarly appeared energized and enthusiastic and was very funny. The evening passed all too quickly. Each course appeared to be better and more interesting than the previous. The desserts were quite spectacular and the wines perfectly matched to each course. When they finished, the maître d´ indicated the limousines awaited their departure. The conversation was animated, with each of them telling Jason how much they enjoyed the food. All too soon they reached home.

Jason returned tiredly to his room, used the refresher and mouth cleanser before switching on the cube again and laying down in his bed. He slept very deeply. Jason awoke at his usual time, called the dogs who joined him from the ship, went for a run on the route indicated and returned to the designated gym, where he met up with his group.

“Jason this place is astounding!” said Julia enthusiastically as she pushed her weights. “I can’t wait to see how much we have learned and have an opportunity to play with the new computer. I enjoyed the dinner last night, the food was astounding, I cannot recall having had any better. The clothing was very interesting and we loved it. I suspect Porquenta and Robert have been up to some new tricks to surprise you. Those limousine shuttles last night were very comfortable and that trick that they used to get up to the surface was quite amazing. My brain attaches to the systems here and I found my way to the area where we suddenly moved upwards to get to the surface. I saw two large tubes leading to the surface and as I reached them the left one turned green and the right one turned red. I walked to the left one and the door opened. I walked in and the next thing I was on the surface. I walked around looking at the city coming awake in the very early morning. As I walked along, I came to a shop which had all those kinds of pastries that you give us and an inviting smell coming through the open doorway. A very pleasant woman invited me in and handed me a strange crescent-shaped pastry that she said was an almond croissant. It was still hot. It smelt scrumptious and the taste was even better. She gave me something called a hot chocolate to drink and told me to dip my almond croissant in the cup.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.