The Walk of Life - Cover

The Walk of Life

Copyright© 2019 by Arquillius

Chapter 13 - When Everything Goes to Hell, the People Who Stand by You Without Flinching -- They

Getting Mother’s permission, even with the protests of three of my sisters, was easily done. It was just as Guri said. After getting her permission, I packed up my bag, and we headed back to Danielle’s house. Though the ride to the rental had been silent, I cannot say the same for the ride back.

“Believe it or not, I’m still horney. I’m sore, but I’m horney.” Danielle said.

“I can believe it. My wife’s the same way. Always horney.” I laughed.

“I hope I get to meet her at some point.” Danielle said. “But this whole thing with me being an anomaly has me worried. I mean what if Guri decides to erase me and my family?” She said.

“You rang?” Guri asked appearing in the back seat.

This time he looked like John De Lanci.

“Holy shit, Guri! Don’t do that!” Danielle stated glancing at her back seat. “Oh, and now you’re Q. Well that about sums up how I feel about you right now.”

“What do you mean?” Guri asked.

“You’re hot.” I laughed.

Danielle turned bright red.

“I knew you were gonna say that.” She said. “Wait, how did I know?” She asked.

“That’s the magical question. You two are so close to finding the answer. When you do ... let’s just say you’ll enjoy that.” Guri said before vanishing again.

“That was weird.” Danielle said. “What do you think he meant?”

“Well,” I started. “There are the similarities to you with my wife. Then there’s the ability of you picking up my thoughts. This could be because you’re an anomaly, or it could be because...” I added.

“You think I’m an echo of your wife?” Danielle asked.

“It’s just a theory at this point. Let me ask you some questions.” I said as we pulled into her driveway. “And try to just answer with the first thing that comes to mind.”

“Okay.” She said.

“Favorite actor?” I asked.

“Toss up,” She started. “Robert Downey Jr. or Robert Picardo.”

That, I had not been expecting. She just named two of my favorite actors.

“Favorite Band or Artist?” I asked.

“Disturbed.” She said as we got out of the car.

“Favorite TV show?” I asked.

“Power Rangers, all the way. I hear there’s a Japanese...” She started to say, but caught that I hadn’t moved and was staring at her as if I were in shock.

“What?” She asked.

“If you had one superpower what would it be.” I said, making sure I was focusing on an image of Emma Watson in my mind.

“Flight.” She said.

“You’re not an echo of Annie.” I said.

GURI!“ She yelled.

“Yes?” Guri said, appearing behind her in her normal form.

“Why do I have a psychic link with Joshua?” She asked.

“You already have figured that out, haven’t you.” Guri said.

“And why do I have similarities between him and his wife.” She asked.

“And he’s already figured that out. Oh you are so close. Tell you what. If you can put it all together, without mind reading, and without conversing, I’ll give you both one free wish from me.” Guri said with a smile.

She looked at me Deadpan.

“I’m an echo of both of them.” She said.

“She can read me, because she is me. She’s my echo. No, that’s not right. She’s me.” I said.

“Oh and you both get it in one.” Guri said as she looked at me with wide eyes and her mouth agape.

“Wait, how’s that possible? I mean, I know that we’re talking about space time events that are only theoretical for us, but you have mastered them. Can you explain?” Danielle asked.

The area around us turned white, and three chairs appeared surrounding a small table, one like you’d see at a café. Guri guided us to sit down. We sat down and a waiter appeared and brought us both a cup of coffee.

“Okay, kids so let me explain, so you’re both on the same page.” Guri said.

I took a sip of the coffee, it was just how I liked it. Hot, perfect cream and perfect sugar.

“When I sent you back,” Guri started, motioning to me. “I said: ‘You are special, not everyone meets their soul mate’ etcetera, etcetera, and then I said: ‘you relive your life the way you want.’” he explained.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.