No Contest Book 2: Hard Fought 1991-93 - Cover

No Contest Book 2: Hard Fought 1991-93

Copyright© 2018 by Maxicue

Chapter 27

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 27 - Ten years older. And wiser? Both Joe and Eddie have had great success. With Joe with women as well, and an unorthodox family comes out of it. But success does not necessarily generate happiness. Though it can help make it easier to find it and sustain it, just being a thinking and feeling human can get in the way.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   BiSexual   Group Sex   Orgy   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial  

The five lovers awoke remarkably comfortable with their adjacency and their nakedness. Quick kisses avoiding morning breath, only the two males and brother and sister not kissing, and they dressed in yesterday’s clothing before gathering in the gathering cabin where Anna provided eggs, sausage, toast, juice and coffee. Victoria and Charlie headed back to duty on the ship, raising the anchor and heading home, while Essie, Joe and Liang sat together on the couch, watching the others join them, trickling in.

When Moe and Chandi arrived a bit later, both looking well sated, each carrying coffee and plates with bagels and cream cheese, Moe’s with lox, they stood in front of Joe. “Mind if I borrow our man,” said Moe.

“Of course not,” Liang chuckled.

Joe followed Moe and Chandi to the fore deck of the ship where they sat.

“We’re in love,” Moe announced.

“I’m not surprised. You’re both...”

“Quiet Joe.”

“Yes Moira.”

They both noticed Chandi’s worried expression.

“What’s wrong, Chan?” Moe asked.

“I’m sorry,” Chandi explained. “I didn’t want to take you from Joe. I ... I actually want to be with Joe as well, but...”

“I know, lover,” Moe smiled. “I happen to love the big lug myself.”

“But...”

“Love isn’t an exclusive thing, Chan. I thought Joe would make you realize that. Me as well.”

“But love and being in love...”

“I’m in love with Joe. With Cheryl. With Li. I feel strongly for you. As strong as anyone. But it’s new, so that’s understandable. I love making love to you, but with Joe, I think it’s even better, don’t you?”

“Uhm.”

“Be honest, Chan. It’s ... everything.”

“Yes. I feel exactly the same. Being with you is amazing. But sometimes ... when I’m not crying out your name, I ... missed Joe being there.”

“I missed him too. Joe and I, we especially enjoy sharing a woman. We have from the beginning of our relationship. But when it’s with someone we love, it’s especially wonderful.”

“You love me Joe?”

“Yes Chandi.”

She smiled. “I think I love you too.”

“Problem is,” Moe continued, “I have to go back to New York. Back to work. And you insist on staying here.”

“I...”

“I understand. It’s fine. Understandable. Admirable. I’m going to pay for her schooling, Joe. And her living expenses.”

“I thought...”Joe started.

“I want to support my wife, Joe.”

Joe nodded. “You feel that strongly about her.”

“I do. I know we never...”

“I’m fine with that. Perhaps she’ll be with all of us someday. If she wants. I can’t imagine having a separate wife. I don’t think it would work. And I can’t imagine Cheryl...”

“I can’t either,” Moe said. “Liang and I love her entirely, but she’s with us because of you. You’re the bond.”

“And Liang?”

“It may be more fluid. Less of a hierarchy, maybe because of her usual preference for women. But she’d do anything for you, wouldn’t she?”

“It seems so.”

“You’re comfortable with that?”

“I am. Because ... she really seems to get off on it. And I really enjoy that as well. It’s kind of weird, but kind of wonderful,” he shrugged. “I have worried it could be dangerous, this sort of power over her. But I realized, because of our honesty and my love for her, that if there are any boundaries for whatever I thrust her into, she’ll let me know. But I don’t know if there will be. I think I tested her pretty aggressively last night.”

“Because of Charlie’s age?”

“Yes. And her preferring women. And I did feel a little bit like a pimp.”

“I don’t agree. She really likes Charlie, and the feeling’s mutual.”

“You’re right. She wasn’t in the least reluctant, and that was as much about their fondness for each other as it was for what I wanted of her.”

“Yes. So, anyway, Chandi and I want to be together a lot more than seems feasible. Especially if it includes you.”

“True. I’ll need to head to Minneapolis after this.”

“Putting your show together.”

“And working on the damn script.”

“Not enjoying it?”

“I hate it.”

“So give it up. Let Jonny write it. It’s not been contracted yet.”

“No. Cheryl’s been distracted, as has Johan.”

“Then let it be, Joe. Do stuff you love and are great at.”

“I actually wanted to make sure Cynthia got some credit.”

“Make that the demand then.”

“You’re right. Then she’ll have full credit on Cheryl’s thing if that goes forward. And then there’s your story.”

“Which I still think is a pipedream.”

“I don’t. And if Cynthia agrees with you, I’ll make another stab at scriptwriting. I might actually enjoy it not having to rewrite something I’m essentially tired of rewriting.”

“We keep going off topic.”

“I don’t mind,” Chandi smiled. “I enjoy you guys talking like this.”

“So I was thinking, we can do a lot of travelling. For one, Chandi thinks she can get Friday free.”

“I have a class,” Chandi said. “But I could either take another or take it another time. Or both.”

“So you’re willing to fly all that much?” Joe asked.

“I’d like to try. If it gets too much, I’ll fly less.”

“And we’re talking about me playing hooky some Fridays,” Moe said. “I do own a good bit of my company. And maybe get Victoria to play hooky too. And have all three of us visiting you in Minneapolis.”

“I’d love that. Charlie would too. What about Liang?”

“You have a bit of clout with Jeff and Cass.”

“True,” Joe chuckled. “Maybe occasionally. I don’t want to push it too much, and Liang is pretty new.”

“Of course.”

“And what happens this summer. I’m pretty sure Victoria will join us in New York.”

“I’ll still be in school,” Chandi said. “I plan to take summer classes, just to get my degree sooner.”

“Maybe an independent study? Doing the research we talked about?”

“That’s a great idea, Joe.”

“Even better because I’ll get to pay you. And any travel expenses.”

“On top of the stipend?” Chandi asked.

“Greedy girl,” Moe laughed. “Of course.”

“Speaking of paying,” Joe said.

“It seems I won’t have time to entertain gentlemen,” Chandi said.

“I’m glad, Chandi,” said Joe.

“Chan knows I feel the same.”

“But Linton doesn’t,” Chandi said.

Joe frowned. “What did he say?”

“After tempting me with quite a lot of money? And I guess I’m not that greedy. He threatened me.”

“How?”

“Sending me back?”

“How?”

“He’s got influential friends.”

“You have a student visa?”

“India’s a commonwealth country.”

“So...”

“He can still get me kicked out.”

“Drugs or sex.”

“Exactly. Or kidnapping.”

“Well, he’s in precarious situation himself. Friends can turn out to be enemies. I imagine deadly ones.”

“Why does he want me that much?” Chandi asked.

“Because you’d probably be one of his best girls. You’re brilliant. Charming. Exotic. Gorgeous. Sexy. And it seems like he might be losing his best. Because of me.”

“Liv,” said Moe.

“Exactly.”

“Maybe we can convince him not to keep her.”

“Liv would be easier. It seems Julian forms attachments easily.”

“So a substitute would have to be long term.”

“Yeah.”

“What would it take to change her mind?”

“A whole shitload of money.”

“Are you sure she even wants to stay?” Chandi asked.

“No. You don’t think she does?” Joe asked.

“We talked. Escort to escort I guess. Veteran advising the rookie. Or master instructing a disciple. And she is a master at the game. Turning on and off her desire like a light switch. Playing her john to extract all she could from him. Always leaving them wanting more.”

“But always leaving?”

“Yeah. I asked her about her staying with Julian. She thought it was hysterical. She told me it was her best move yet. Suckering her john and Linton.”

“Having him pay her more,” Joe nodded.

“Maybe. Or maybe she just likes being a conniving bitch. She suggested Linton was quite fond of her.”

“Fond as in... ?” Joe asked.

“As in they’re lovers.”

“I thought Linton was gay,” Moe said.

Joe shook his head. “He’s not as adverse to women as Trevor. I’m pretty sure he was with Anna as much as Eddie was. So she’s playing him too?”

“Seems like, though I saw some fondness for him seeping out of her cold heart. If nothing else, that woman turned me away from the escort game. I saw myself just like her,” she trembled.

“I feared that too, Chandi,” Joe told her. “Especially at the high level of deception Linton would expect of you. I mean prostitutes get old fast, but being a convincing lover to smart men, I can’t imagine it not taking its toll on your integrity, let alone turning you into...”

“Another Liv,” Chandi concluded.

“Yeah. I just wish I had some cash.”

“Pay her off?” Moe asked.

“Yeah. And maybe set her up.”

“Talk to Rachel.”

“Of course.”

“And Vic. See if she can work on her father.”

“And maybe she has ideas how to set her up.”

They ended with a kiss, Chandi and Joe kissing passionately. “I’ll be with my wives tonight,” Joe told her. “Please join us?”

She smiled. “Okay.”

Joe found Rachel in the gathering room where Jonny was in command. “We should be arriving at the harbor around noon,” he told the ‘guests’. “Then we’ll head to the beach Linton recommends for the last shoot we’ll need. So be sure to wear your swim suits. Let Liana know if you need any, and she’ll will buy them for you.”

Joe knelt beside Rachel. “Got some cash?”

“How much?”

“Uhm ... All you’ve got?”

“Why?”

“I’m going to try to convince Liv to leave Julian alone. Linton thinks she’s going to stick with him, and is getting scary about trying to get Chandi to work for him to replace her.”

“So I’m essentially providing another woman between me and you,” Rachel smirked. “Problem is, I think she’s hot too, and so does Eddie.”

Joe wasn’t sure when or if Chandi would hook up with Eddie again. It was up to her. Neither Moe nor he would mind. They weren’t the jealous types. But that wasn’t a good time to suggest the possibility.

Rachel handed him a thick roll of money.

“How much?” he asked her, slipping it into his shoulder bag.

“Five thousand.”

“Jesus.”

“Never know when it’s useful. For Eddie. Or me.”

“Thanks.”

“So Chandi? Tonight?”

“She’ll be with us in the naughty room.”

“Too bad. I’ll see what Cyn is doing,” she winked.

Joe found Victoria, and ended up rushing around with her while she did her work on the rigging.

“I actually like her,” Victoria said.

“I think she’s really good at being liked,” said Joe.

“Yeah. Especially by her john. I had hoped he was kidding about keeping her, marrying her or whatever, knowing Dad, he probably wasn’t. There’s actually some spy gear on board. Dad wasn’t averse to extortion. Or he just wanted to know what some asshole was up to. He bugs the VIP room where we were last night. Dad listens in in his cabin.”

“He told you?”

“He showed me. Said if things got hairy, I could record it. I’ll set it up once we anchor.”

Victoria gave Joe a nod when she was ready. He went to the pilot house where Julian and Viv were. “Viv?” he asked. “Could I talk to you in private?”

“What about?” Julian asked possessively.

“Something Linton said that concerned me. He’s waiting for us.”

“Something financial?”

“We want to be on good terms,” Joe shrugged.

“Nothing to worry about sweetie,” Viv said, giving him a kiss.

They passed Victoria. She and Joe exchanged a nod.

In the VIP cabin, Viv asked, “Where’s Lin?”

“He’ll be here,” Joe said. “He’s concerned about you and the captain.”

“How sweet,” Viv smirked.

“You like him, don’t you? He made things better for you, didn’t he?”

“Not just for me. He gets his cut.”

“Up to a point. He told me the arrangement. He books you a night or a weekend, he gets his cut. If you extend it, it’s all yours. You found the perfect sap with Julian. Stringing him along for as long as you can stand him. You have no intention of sticking with him.”

“Why not? He’s rich as fuck and not too bad looking for a middle aged guy.”

“But he’s not Linton is he? Not young and handsome. Not clever and exciting. It’s more than business between you, even if neither of you want to admit it. Or maybe you do see his affection for you, and this is a play for more money? Better percentage? Threatening to run off with some john? He should know you better than that. That he’s the only person you can relate to. To be completely honest with. You see his vulnerability, but maybe he doesn’t see yours. Each other.”

She stiffened. “What is this really about?”

“Like I said, it’s financial. Specifically Linton losing you and his percentage. Even if we both know it’s more than that. But he blames me for setting you up with Julian. I should have figured it out, since Julian decided to become needy and possessive with Cheryl. I just didn’t know he could be like that with a whore. But you’re more skilled than I thought. Playing him perfectly. Not just a girlfriend, but an escort playing a girlfriend. So that he wins you over, isn’t it? Give it all up for him. You really are a remarkable actress. But it must be exhausting, not being you.”

“As much of me as it has to be. That’s the trick.”

“Still a performance. And who is he? Who do you imagine? Some sort of father figure?”

She snorted. “Now you’re making this Freudian?”

“Maybe the first man you ever loved? Before your heart became cold and impenetrable. Maybe you were the school slut, and every boy thought of you only as a hot body with a hot cunt and a hot mouth. But you met this guy. Mature. Gentle. Caring. Someone who appreciated you, and knew how to coax the most pleasure out of you. But he left you. Back to his wife or whatever. And you want the chance to change the result. You in command. You saying when it’s done.”

“Maybe I’m not ready to say it’s done.”

“I’m hoping this changes your mind.” Joe pulled out the roll of money.

“How much?”

“Five thousand.”

“You want me that much?”

“You’re kidding. I have women I love who love me who are so much better than you. Fucking heartless bitches isn’t my thing. No. This is for leaving Julian. And for fucking Linton.”

“What?”

“I want to watch. I’ll give you half for that. The other half you’ll get if I see you making love to your pimp. I want to see both of you reveal what you feel about each other.”

She laughed when she heard the knock on the door. “Come in, Lin,” she said. Joe pulled about half the roll off and gave it to her. She set it aside.

“What the fuck,” said Linton. “Chandi said I should talk to you about her.”

“Come here, beautiful man,” Viv purred and pulled him into her arms. At first stiff, he relaxed as they kissed. Pulling his shirt off broke it, and she nudged him onto the bed. She removed the rest of his clothing and began sucking him in earnest. His long, lean dark cock entered her throat. Pulling back, she removed her clothing. “Condom,” she purred. Joe gave her one of his. She covered his cock and began riding him, eventually angling close and kissing him. Joe saw Linton grab her ass, a finger slipping into her anus. She rolled her nipples and rubbed her clit. Her bouncing became frenetic as she reached her peak. Her climax made her stiffen and growl. Linton continued his hold on her ass and his finger inside her, extending the orgasm.

Calming, she kissed Linton again. “You wouldn’t happen to have KY?” she asked.

“I do,” Joe said. “But I need to hear you talk first.”

“Baby,” Linton said. “I thought I lost you. Don’t play me like that.”

“You’re no fun,” she giggled, kissing him.

“It wasn’t fun.”

“You sure you don’t want me to play this out?”

“You mean marry the fool?”

“He’s rich. I could hire you as my gigolo.”

He slapped her face. Hard. Joe started to approach, but Viv looked at him and waved him away. She then swung at Linton, but slow enough for him to grab her wrist. “I told you not to hit me,” she growled.

“What else do you do with a disobedient bitch,” Linton growled back. Taking her other wrist, he pulled up on them until her face met his and they kissed. Then he pushed back hard and she lifted off him, adding momentum to his shove. Grabbing her hair, he pulled her face down to his cock. She unshucked it and he rammed it in. Again Joe saw her doing more work than Linton, just like he did with Joanne. “KY,” Linton said. “And another condom.”

Joe tossed them on the bed.

“Bring that fat ass up here!” Linton demanded. “What was that?” He pulled her head up.

“Fuck you, my ass ain’t fat,” she muttered.

Joe agreed. It had substance, but was round and firm.

“Just do it, you fucking cunt.”

“No!”

He pulled her back onto his cock, into her throat and held her. When she began to struggle, he pulled her up. “Okay. Okay,” she said roughly and turned around straddling his head. She took the condom, but continued sucking him. He didn’t perform cunnilingus. Just fucking her with a couple fingers before greasing up her asshole. He tossed her the KY. She gloved him up and greased him. Slipping out from underneath her, he carefully pushed into her, past her sphincter.

“Oh fuck,” she moaned.

“Fucking bitch,” he muttered, spanking her hard as he pushed in and out, going deeper each time.

Joe watched Viv stroke fingers into her pussy and pull on her nipples. He put the rest of the money on the table and left. It looked like love. Sort of.

Outside the cabin, he saw most everyone on deck ready to leave. Liana spotted him. “You seen Linton?”

“Give him a little time.”

“Uhm. Okay. Vic?”

“I believe she’s busy as well. Get Junior or Anna.”

“Okay Joseph,” she said, giving him a quick kiss.

Joe headed to the galley and found sandwiches, chips and a bucket of ice with sodas and beer. He chose beer and a tuna sandwich and entered the gathering room. He found his favorite people there. His wives. Essie. Chandi. Charlie.

“Have you seen Vic?” Charlie asked him.

“She’s with her dad,” Joe told him.

“Oh. Okay.”

Chandi and Moe shifted on the couch, making room for him.

“Did it work?” Moe asked.

“Hopefully,” Joe said.

“What do you mean?”

“I believe one part of the problem is solved. I’ll make sure it solves the other.”

“You didn’t talk to Linton?”

“Not yet, but I will. He’s busy resolving the first problem.”

“Viv?” Chandi asked him.

“Yeah. They’re hashing it out as we speak.”

“Fucking?” Moe asked.

“Yeah.”

“So you were right.”

“More than I thought. It’s a weird relationship. Kind of like the abusive pimp and his whore. But it’s ... well ... playful. Role play I think.”

“So she pushed him so he’d punish her.”

“Yeah.”

“So this has happened before?” Chandi asked.

“I think she pushed harder this time than usual. And he’s punishing her harder. But it looks like it’s just making for better sex,” he shrugged.

“Then a lot of money for nothing,” Moe pointed out.

“I don’t know. Maybe she was on the edge of going through with it. If nothing else, I made sure it didn’t have a possibility of happening. Maybe the money will ease off Linton being an asshole to you, Chandi.”

“I talked to Vic,” Chandi said. “I want to move out of my apartment. I really don’t want to be around my roommate anymore. I’m kind of disgusted by the whole prostitute thing right now.”

“Understandable,” said Joe.

“She said I could stay with her on the ship.”

“The cabins are pretty small,” Joe reminded her.

“Hers is nice.”

“Oh.”

“We’re kind of in the same boat, so to speak. Our lovers are up north. A couple happen to be the same. We’re attracted to each other. We can ease our missing you. And she said I could use a cabin for my office, maybe sleep there if we need some time alone.”

“You know I’ll pay for rent,” Moe said.

“I know.”

“Just making sure. Sounds like a great plan actually. You going to learn the ropes?”

“Probably. I thought it would be cool to trace the old passages. The slave ships. The merchant ships. The rebellion. Maybe sail over to Haiti or the Dominican Republic. Things like that.”

“I could join you,” said Joe. “Maybe in the spring when I’m done with my play?”

“That would be great,” Chandi grinned. “If we waited until school ends, we could trace the entire paths, from Africa. Europe. Wherever.”

“That does sound amazing,” said Moe. “I don’t know how much time Li and I would have off, but maybe we could join you at some point. The rest of you, including the kids if they’re interested, especially Essie and Charlie, could do it.”

“Of course Captain Julian would have to approve,” Joe said. “I’m not sure how much he wants me around right now.”

“You let him be with Cheryl, and arranged for him to be with probably one of the best escorts in the business,” Moe noted. “It’s not your fault that he gets greedy and possessive.”

“I did have Linton get Viv for him because he was,” Joe reminded her.

“I think Viv was right,” Chandi said. “Men can be such fools.”

“The dick has too small a head for any brains,” Moe smirked.

“Dickhead means brainless,” Joe chuckled.

Liana approached them. “We’re headed to the beach for the last shoot,” she told them. “Want to come?”

“Sure,” they all agreed.

“I’ll need to get my trunks at the Cube,” said Joe.

“My bathing costume is in my apartment,” Chandi frowned.

“I’ve got mine on,” Moe said.

“Of course you do,” Joe smiled.

“Why don’t we get you yours at the surf shop?” Moe suggested.

“Sounds like a plan,” Joe nodded.

“Works for me,” Chandi smiled.

“Good,” said Liana. “The first group is heading to shore. If you see Linton, let him know we’re there.”

“Will do,” Joe said.

As soon as she darted off, Victoria entered, pulling her father with her. He looked embarrassed.

“I’m sorry Joe. Chandi. For thinking with my dick,” he said haltingly. “Vic informed me of the possible consequences,” he finished looking at Chandi.

“We were just discussing men’s tendency to think with their brainless dickheads,” said Moe. “You’re not the first man to lose his mind in the company of a hot chick.”

“You’re not angry at me?” Joe asked.

“For pulling my head out of my ass? No. The weird thing is, I was completely aware of the game Viv played, and yet the more she played, the more I became convinced it wasn’t a game. You think Linton will ease off Chandi?”

“If he persists?” Joe responded. “I’ll make sure he doesn’t, whatever it takes.”

“I have my resources as well,” Julian nodded.

“Vic?” Chandi asked shyly. “Did you ask your dad... ?”

“Not yet,” Victoria smiled. “Now’s as good time as any. Dad? I invited Chan to stay on the ship.”

“Of course,” Julian smiled. “Plenty of room, although none of the available rooms are all that large.”

“She’ll be staying with me,” Victoria told him.

“Oh? You mean... ?”

“Sharing the bed. I like girls, Dad. You okay with that?”

“Uhm ... I thought you and Joe...”

“I like guys too. At least certain ones.” She boldly sat on Joe’s lap, his hands on her firm abdomen pulling her closer.

“It’s up to you,” Julian said.

“It’s your ship,” Chandi pointed out.

“I may own it, but it’s as much Victoria’s as it is mine. And she’s always made up her own mind on things. Including joining me here, which made me as happy as I’ve ever been. I may be her captain, and she may be my first mate, but in all other things, she’s her own woman. I have no problem having you as her roommate. But it wouldn’t matter if I did, would it Vic?”

“No,” Victoria grinned.

“I’m so proud of you,” Julian continued. “I never said this, but I worried. My beautiful daughter amongst these tough strong men. It’s why I had Captain Mike watch out for you. But he told me you held your own amongst them. Made them respect you. Made certain they kept their hands off. The one thing tied into the other. You were so good at it, it actually made me worry in a different way. How tough you are. How tough you needed to be.”

“You worried I might be a dyke?”

“Not really, no. Though your liking of women didn’t exactly surprise me, to tell you the truth. But I never saw you with a friend. An intimate friend. Boy or girl. But I hoped you’d be at least somewhat typical as a teenager. Getting into mischief you certainly would keep from me.”

“I haven’t been all that mischievous, Daddy. Joe was my first real lover. I do have friends whom you’ve met. But it’s more important for me to study than to party. I wanted to make sure I got top grades, did well on tests, including those that can get me into any school in the US, which is what I intend. I plan on attending a top notch university somewhere in the vicinity of New York.”

“Because of Joe?”

“Yes. And his wives. And ... others. Luckily the east coast is ripe with the kind of schools I’d be interested in. Once I’ve done my research, I’ll choose the right one.”

“Perhaps a sailing trip up the east coast?” Julian suggested.

“I’d like that, except it would be a bit cold. I need to make my choice soon.”

“Then you should find some time we can fly up there. Is there someone you can talk to?”

“The school counselor is a sweet lady who’ll have my back. I’ll talk to her.”

“You are always welcome in my home,” Joe said.

“Of course she is,” Julian remarked.

“I meant you as well. And Anna and Junior.”

“I don’t believe Junior is as ambitious as me,” Victoria said. “He’s fine on the ship and staying on Barbados. Being with his friends and his girlfriend. Maybe keeping working with her on the tourist boats. Continuing school doesn’t interest him.”

“I’d say Eddie enjoys his company and Anna’s,” said Joe. “Except he’ll most likely be with me in Minneapolis working on my musical.”

“So you won’t be in New York when we visit,” Julian asked.

“Probably not.”

“But I do plan to visit him in Minnesota,” Victoria admitted. “Chan and I will go up to at least see Joe’s production in the spring.”

“At least?”

“Hopefully other times as well. Long weekends. Leaving here early on Friday if I can make arrangements. After lunch there isn’t any really serious classes. Chan plans on having Friday free at University.”

“I’ll be paying for Chan’s trips,” Moe said.

“And I’ve saved your generous allowances and the first mate pay,” Victoria added.

“You still have school,” her father pointed out.

“Just a couple classes will need my attention,” Victoria explained. “It’s like they know the seniors are restless. The grades I’ll be sending are already in the books. I’m sure whatever school I go to will want to know if I slacked off in the end, which I won’t, but by then I should have a foot in the door already.”

“Just being a dad.”

“Of course. Worrying is part of the job description.”

“But it’s less justified with you. Maybe my greatest worry was me not being the best role model for you to choose the right path. The good path.”

“You mean you being a scoundrel, and even when caught, finding a way to make even more money.”

Julian laughed. “It’s best not being caught, but I do examine all angles, including the one for escape. Not the best lesson, though.”

“I don’t know. First, you taught me about trust, and how limited it is. To trust only your closest compatriots, which is basically just your so called legitimate partner. The world is full of scoundrels or just selfish people with their own agendas.”

“Like me.”

“Yes.”

“But I trust you. I trust Anna.”

“True. More the lesson. Only those with the deepest connections. Maybe that’s the toughness you saw in me. Joe saw it too, and pierced it. Even though I haven’t known him long, or those he loves, they are the first besides those you also trust who I feel I can be with and aren’t looking for their advantage.

“Also, I’m not like you. I may be smart, but I’m not that clever. Does that make sense?”

“It does,” her father smiled.

“So what would be the point on following in your first steps? In choosing what you deem the bad path? In that there’s another lesson. Finding what you do best and pursuing it to its full potential.”

“Meaning pursuing what you love. Taking every step to make that happen.”

“What I love has broadened a bit and made me refocus. In a way it limits me. But at the same time it gives me focus. I want to be with Joe, and it narrows my pursuit. Luckily, choices remain as promising as ever. I’ve decided, within the constraints of being on the east coast, Maryland and north of there, but not much farther north than Boson, that if something looks to be better for what I want out of school at the edges of those boundaries, I’m willing to make that choice.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.