Resolution With a Redhead - Cover

Resolution With a Redhead

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 24

We left for my parents’ house after our Friday classes. The trip was quiet and we pulled in at their drive and went inside. My mother was there and hugged us both. Dad was due momentarily. He came inside and hugged my mom first. He then hugged Agnes before giving me a hug.

He said, “You two are looking good. I think the prospect of getting married is helping both of you, not that Agnes needed much help.” He grinned.

“My Viking is doing well for me. We’re happy.” She grinned back and hugged my arm.

We had started to help Mom with supper. Dad went to change clothes. We finished supper and all of us sat at the table. After prayer, we ate.

Dad said, “I just had an update on the cases with that guy’s friend and father. Both have been allowed to plead but will have some jail time. The father has also lost his position. An investigation found many irregularities in his actions and the operation of the police department. That emphasizes even more that it’s over.’

I could tell that all that had been bothering Agnes some but she now seemed to have a peace about the situation. Our meal was eaten happily with my mother and Agnes going into more detail about the wedding preparations. I wasn’t as interested in the procedure but the result. I smiled when I thought about that. My mother and Agnes both noticed.

“What made you smile, Eric?” My mother asked.

“I was just thinking...”

“Dangerous,” Agnes said.

“I was just thinking that I’m really more interested in the end result than the process.”

My mom quickly said, “Don’t think any more. It might be bad for your health. If Agnes doesn’t want to kill you, I might.” She grinned. Agnes did, too. I kept my mouth shut.

My Dad said solemnly, “Silence is golden.” I nodded. My arm was on the back of Agnes’ chair lightly touching her.

Mom had dessert for us and we had that before clearing the table and going to the living room. Agnes and I sat on the sofa with my arm around her.

Mom and Agnes continued to talk about wedding plans late into the evening. After the late news, we all went to our beds. About twenty minutes later, Agnes joined me. We slept cuddled together until early when she returned to her room. Later, I officially woke and used the bathroom. Cleaned up, I went into the kitchen and started coffee. Agnes joined me moments later.

“Eric, I will be glad when we’re married.”

‘I will, too. It won’t be as frustrating.” I sighed. “Agnes, do you want to do anything today?”

“I’m happy to hang around with my Viking.” She smiled.

My mother came into the kitchen. “Well, since you’re here, you can both help with breakfast.” She grinned.

We worked together well as usual and seemed to enjoy it. Agnes said, “I like working with you, Eric. My Viking works well, Mother Daniels.” She smiled.

Breakfast was ready and my dad joined us to eat. We finished and cleaned up. Once finished, I asked, “Agnes, what would you like to do today?”

My mother was behind her and Agnes winked. “If your parents weren’t here, we might become involved in wild, animalistic passion.” My father was behind me.

He said, “I’m glad she winked first.” He continued, “Donna, weren’t we going to do some shopping?”

“Yes, but I think this pair needs to come with us just so they stay out of trouble.” She couldn’t really hide the laugh in her tone.

Agnes said, “We enjoy going with you two. It gives us good practice to know what married looks like.”

That’s what we wound up doing. It really wasn’t bad. We went to one of the larger strip centers for Mom to purchase some clothing. She bought matching tops for us insisting that we check for fit. We came out and put our arms around each other. We did match well. Mom said, “At least, they used separate dressing rooms.”

We intentionally didn’t respond. Our wedding was getting close but it wasn’t that close. Mom picked up some clothing and we headed home. My parents took us out for supper which we enjoyed. We came home and Agnes and I plopped down on the sofa with my arm around her shoulders. She scrunched in close to my side and we gave each other a gentle kiss. We watched TV and then the news noticing nothing important. After that we all went to bed. About half an hour later, Agnes entered my room quietly and joined me in bed. We slept quietly and peacefully through the night. In the morning, we went to Sunday school and church with my parents. After lunch, we packed and made our way back to school.

Time was passing quickly. My time with Agnes was joyful and we were becoming even closer as we got to know each other better. It was fun to realize that our initial feelings about the other had been right. I had noticed that Carl spent a lot of time with Amanda though hadn’t determined whether or not there was long term romance there or not.

It was the Thanksgiving break and we had talked through a tough choice. Finally, our choice was to go to my parents’ house for the first part of Thanksgiving. We would then go to Agnes’ parents on Friday for the rest of the weekend. We left Wednesday after my classes driving my wagon to my parents’ place.

We arrived late Wednesday afternoon. My mother was happy to see us as always. We went inside with our cases taking them to our usual rooms. Shortly thereafter, Dad came in. He had a case that ran longer than expected since it was slow to plead out. Once resolved, it went quickly and everyone left for the holiday. The defendant was allowed to go home for Thanksgiving and report Monday to serve his term. Dad had realized that was what was slowing the matter.

He greeted us with joy giving my mother and Agnes heartfelt hugs and kisses. We sat down to supper which all enjoyed. After supper, we cleared the table and went into the living room to sit. Agnes and I cuddled on the sofa. We had found that we fit together well and were comfortable holding each other on a sofa. We had gotten a lot of practice. I thought about that and grinned.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.