The Boys in Blue - Cover

The Boys in Blue

Copyright© 2018 by Robin Lane

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Romance set against the war in Afghanistan

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Military   War   Cream Pie   Oral Sex  

He sat in the foyer with his walking stick between his knees when a taxi pulled up and Terry alighted from it. She was dressed in a tailored dark grey trouser suite wearing a black hat with a large brim. Her hair must be in a bun under it, thought Robert, her long neck exposed.

He rose to greet her. “Well how do I look?” she asked. “Fantastic!” replied Robert. “How do I look?” “Very handsome!” and realised with a start that she meant it.

They had been chatting away when a taxi pulled up. The driver entered the foyer. Seeing the uniform he walked over to Robert. “Flight Lieutenant Barlow?” he enquired.

Terry noticed the pronounced limp as they walked towards the taxi with the walking stick taking the weight of his right leg.

Finding out that Robert didn’t know London all that well when in fact he had said he avoided it like the plague, so she started pointing out the places of interest.

As they neared the gates to the Palace, he noticed that Terry had put on a pair of dark sunglasses. The usual throng of tourists were milling outside the gate most appeared to be Japanese festooned with cameras around their necks. The police sergeant checked the pass and waved for the gates to be opened.

The taxi deposited them around the back of the palace in the quadrangle pulling up by an entrance where two large doors were opened and a man in a morning suite stood at the entrance.

After negotiating the steps awkwardly, Robert presented himself to the man. The man informed him that the investiture would take place on the next floor. Robert was eyeing up the long staircase with some trepidation when the man indicated a lift off to the side. “You may find this easer sir” much to Robert’s relief.

When the lift opened another man in the same attire as the one downstairs was waiting “If you would follow me sir” he said setting off down a long corridor. Robert could not help but be impressed by the furniture and decorations. The man entered a large room where tables were set out by the wall with cups and saucers. He passed through this into another large room with three rows of chairs aligned in the centre. At the far end was a raised dais with doors behind it.

“If you will sit here sir” indicating a seat at the end of the last row, “it will make it easier for you when you have to go forward.” He continued “as you are to receive the most senior award today you will be called last. Stop two paces from Her Majesty bow and say Your Majesty then walk forward. If she offers her hand don’t grip it too tightly. After that you address her as Mam as in jam. All clear?” “Yes, thank you” replied Robert.

After sitting down with Terry on his inside he watched as others entered the room to join those already sitting down. He was twiddling with his walking stick when he felt Terry take his hand in hers. She squeezed it and said “Relax, enjoy it!” she whispered. “If you say so Mam” he replied causing her to chuckle.

Promptly at two pm the doors behind the dais opened and the Queen emerged, flanked by Prince Phillip and equerries. One of which was Captain St John now in dress uniform. They all rose to their feet, the investiture had begun.

Robert’s citation was read out. Terry listened in horror at what Robert had done, his shear disregard for his own safety. She was aware of some details from TV and newspaper reports, but being with the shy reluctant hero now it seemed even more pertinent and impressive.

When Robert’s name was called, he rose. Passing his hat and walking stick to Terry, he said “Hang on to these for me please.” With his shoulders pulled back he marched forward. Terry watched as he stopped and bowed, then approached the Queen. Her Majesty seemed to stare at his face for several seconds and they conversed for a few minutes and then Robert stepped back a few paces bowed, turned and marched back to his seat carrying a small velvet box in his hand.

When he had sat down Terry glanced at him noticing a thin film of perspiration on his forehead. That walk had cost him dearly she knew. She slipped her hand into his and gave it a little squeeze. She was suddenly overcome with a feeling of emotion and pride for him.

The Queen stepped down from the dais and every one rose. She walked down past the rows of chairs into the other room followed by Prince Phillip and her equerries. As they passed the front row followed, then the second and then Robert’s followed them in.

Inside liveried servants were distributing tea and cakes. Robert and Terry accepted tea but turned down the cakes moving into a corner of the room.

Suddenly Prince Phillip was before him. “That was a bloody good showing you put in over there Flight Lieutenant, bloody good show. Congratulations on the award!” he growled proffering his hand. Robert was surprised at the strength of his grip. “Thank you sir!” was all he managed to stammer.

After they had drunk their tea Robert said, “What do you say we get out of here?” Terry nodded as she realised he was quite shy and out of his depth in this sort of company.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.