Surprise Melody Flintkote - Cover

Surprise Melody Flintkote

Copyright© 2018 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

“You know, we could teach,” we said like the triplets we are. “It’s not exactly my cuppa ... but we could.”

“It would have us in the classroom and that would fulfill the letter of the law.”

The attendancy officer (truant) looked a little surprised ... thought a bit ... wrapped one arm around her waist, and stroked her chin with the other one ... thought some more ... came to a conclusion and said, “What would you teach?”

“Boat building,” I said.

“Comportment,” said Cyn.

“Manners that’ll get a guy laid,” said JW, “Don’t look at me like that ... it works.”

He started to prove it ... our attendancy officer melted.

“See?” he said.

“Quit that!” she said, “I could get in so much trouble.” But she thought about it and said, “A useful talent. Those big eyes and that shy smile. You’re not shy at all.

“Regardless ... you’ll be in school January First for testing.”

“We’ve been through testing.”

“Not by us. Be there.”

“Ah,” I said. “Ethnocentrism at work.”

“What?”

“It wasn’t invented here ... or ... if there weren’t any of OUR scientists on site your results are pure speculation. It happens all the time.”

With a perfect upperclass New Zealanders accent, JW said, “We didn’t do the tests ... it doesn’t count.”

And I said, “But we did do the tests here ... and by University lecturers and professors. I can not wait to tell them a high school refused their results.”

“Just be at the school on the First of January ... or I’ll come get you.”

“Oh please ... we don’t drive and it’s a long walk.”

She actually growled at us.

She got in her car and left.

“Cyn? Provision the cat please. We’re going sailing.”

Ready to confront my boss I stepped off the Sailbait and made my way to the house behind the shop. My knock was answered by a shout.

“Around the back, mate. Through the gate and ‘ware the dog.”

That made me a bit trepidatious, I’m a cat person. I have been bitten half a dozen times by all sizes of mutts. But I followed the summons. Bossman was on a lounger relaxing by the pool. There were numerous female offspring in the final state of undress cavorting in the warm waters.

“Surprise! Hello. Have you met the girls? Girls! Come meet Surprise Flintkote. Surprise ... meet, Olivia, Charlotte, Harper, Sophie and Emily.”

That was way too fast. I’ll never remember who belongs to which name.

I was swarmed. I don’t know how they did it but, I was nude and in the pool in seconds. I only heard half of what they were saying.

“Olive,” said Olivia. It must have been her.

“Char or Lottie,” said Charlotte.

“Harper,” said Harper.

“Pia,” said Sophie.

“Em,” said Emily.

“Oh,” I looked down at my mothers body. “How in the Hell did you do that?” Olivia, Charlotte, Harper, Sophie and Emily had stripped me naked and I didn’t know it. “I can’t tell you apart ... you’re quints.”

“Yes we are,” they had an unusual accent that I’d never heard and couldn’t place.

“How old are you?” Olive asked.

“Fifteen.”

“So are we ... shall we be in school together?” That was said a word at a time in succession ... it sounded like one voice but it was all five.

“I’ve come to talk to your father about that,” I said.

“Father, Surprise is here to talk to you about school.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.