My Second Chance - Cover

My Second Chance

Copyright© 2019 by Ronin74

Chapter 41: Book 1, Who's the Boss?

Day 4, they finally let me get to a phone. I call Dr. Stevens.

“Mr. Brown, I was about to call you. I have the perfect person for you.”

“I almost forgot I asked you to find me somebody who could be licensed at the stock exchange.”

“He even has some experience. He isn’t just a student. Eric ran into some trouble at the New York exchange, and so, he came back to get his masters. He has always been one of the top of his class and has often come up with innovative solutions. His portfolio was impressive, and he made a lot of people a lot of money.”

“So then, what trouble did he run into?”

“He is gay, and the other brokers had an issue with that. I didn’t think you would.”

“To be honest, I have no appreciation for the act, but what a person does with their life is their own business, as long as they aren’t hurting anybody. I’m not about to get mad at somebody because they like one person over another.”

“I figured you wouldn’t have an issue with him.”

“He isn’t why I phoned. It is time I collect on your promise to let me use school resources.”

“What are you doing, and what do you need?”

“We will be working on biomedical implants. I have a new material that will revolutionize the industry. I also have a surgeon. All I need is a couple lab assistants and some room. I should be ready for animal testing by the end of the month.”

“Sounds exciting. Just let us know how we can help.”

“I appreciate it. Listen, I know I strong-armed you into the agreement. This could be big for your medical department. I think it will give you enough leverage to start an MD program. God knows we could use another. UBC is a good school, but it is the only place in BC to get an MD.”

“One thing at a time. We are still trying to grow a nuclear department.”

“I have a few ideas for projects. It would be a lot easier to start an MD program. Once you have it, you will be a bigger university and have more clout to start a nuclear program.”

“We’ll see.”

My first day back at school, I don’t ride in with my crew. My ribs aren’t healed enough for that. Sam Drops me off on his way to Yarrow. I run into the Principal on the way into the building and say, “I guess we have proof that what I said was true and that my life was on the line.”

“It probably wasn’t until you threatened them. I stand by my decision. You were the one that needed the suspension.”

“I hope you enjoy the negative publicity coming our way. This is the last we will talk about it. My lawyers will not like the fact that I have said this much.”

“What the hell do you mean, your lawyers don’t want you to talk about it?”

“If you haven’t received the writ yet, you will. Goodby”

Class feels a little strange. The Jocks are afraid of me. Some of their victims look on me with hope and others contempt. I’m sure my actions have pissed off the jocks enough that they are taking it out on their victims. It is the rest of the school that has no idea what to think. There are all kinds of rumours. Many of which had me dying in the hospital. It’s not the first time there were rumours of my death. At least this time, I have friends.

At lunch, I go to the cafeteria. Once I collected my food, I take it to our table and then head to the table with the Jocks and their sluts. They grow silent as I approach. The closer I get, the quieter the entire cafeteria is. I stand at the head of the table and tell them, “I almost killed both your friends after they ran me over. I had multiple dislocations and couldn’t breathe, and they still didn’t have a chance. You will leave my friends and me alone. Don’t force me to show you that there are many things far worse than death. I am going to find out where you stashed the blackmail material you have on these girls. Then you will be fucked.”

Most of the jocks are smart enough to look at me with fear in their eyes. Shane just laughs, “This is bigger than you think, sucker. We will leave you alone for now, but you will get yours.”

“Thanks for telling me what I wanted to know, loser.”

I turn and walk back to my table.

Half the school just heard me uttering threats. I’m not willing to go vigilante yet. If they continue to push me, I will have no issue dealing with them properly.

When I get to work, I phone our rep at Allied Barton.

“Hi Tom, Its Trent.”

“What can I do for you, Trent.”

“I’m sure you heard what happened last week.”

“It’s hard not to hear about something like that. Were you really able to take those kids out with your bare hands after being run over?”

“It wasn’t as difficult as you make it sound. That is what I wanted to talk to you about. It seems I may have a price on my head. It looks like I need to protect more than just my property. I need to protect myself and my employees.”

“We can send you a couple bodyguards.”

“I would like a few for when we do our morning rides.”

“We can put guards on motorbikes.”

“That won’t work when we go on the local trails. We need guards that can use a bike. We are training for a race, so they may need to switch off.”

“That is a tall order.”

“We both know such things are only a matter of money. No expense is too much to protect my people.”

“For now, I will have the army to stay on protecting the property and use your men as bodyguards.”

“They are there to work for you. If you need them elsewhere, then move them. We will send you help right away. Should take 2 or 3 days tops.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.