Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 53: INTERLUDE: HANS AND MAO

Hans and Mao had received UWASPS. That stood for ‘urban warfare protective security suits’. Not the Quasimodo super bulky frontal assault battle armor but a sleek body shaped suit with a vast array of sensors, very smart weapon systems and advanced stealth and camouflage capabilities, normally only used by NAVINT Counter Intelligence and Elite Special forces. Much of the suits capabilities were highly classified and a source of professional pride to those considered good enough to wear them.

Commander Fleming, the Security chief of the Devi greeted them as they came out of the Auto Dresser.

“I know the Wolfcraft flyboys in your group think they the cream of the crop, but I tell you boys there aren’t many allowed to stomp around in these puppies, both of you have shown me over the last weeks you have what it takes.”

Hans responded right away. “Sir, we are very grateful and very proud of the praise, but our flyboys are not like that. Eric and Har-Hi are our best friends.I personally think they are the best indeed.”

Mao simply nodded.

Fleming raised one of his bushy eyebrows. “Do I detect some real comrade ship in a Midshipmen team? I am impressed and you standing up for your buddies even when they are not around. I really like that!”

The Commander checked his suit and added looking up to towering Hans. “You are a good security man, Mr. Neugruber, and I wanted you permanently attached to security but I was denied.”

He then padded Mao on the shoulder. “You are a good man, too Mr. Mao so don’t feel left out, but your talents are wasted anywhere else except in the tactical department.”

Mao grinned. “No worries Sir. I know Hans is the best and I am not jealous or anything like that, I am proud for my best bud.”

Fleming completed his check and inspected the two. “What is the secret of the Olafson Gang anyway? You guys really take the cake.”

“No secret Sir, its Eric. We got real lucky with our team leader, that and the fact that we are all real friends.” Mao didn’t hesitate to answer.

“Come on, that is an act. You can’t tell me there are no rivalries and fights in your group. You got a real Sojonit, with a killer bod.Then there is perhaps the hottest looking girl aboard the Devi with your Saran girl and several human males that should cause friction.”

Mao shrugged. “Except for Eric busting a chair over Har-Hi’s back and the resulting fight there is no rivalry or jealousy.

“You say you had no quarrels, no fights the entire time?”

“None Sir.” Hans and Mao answered almost at the same time.

The man sighed. “I don’t need to dig further. I believe you and it confirms my investigation. Everyone I asked told me about the almost magical unity of the Olafson Gang.”

“Sir, what investigation?” Mao asked

Hans answered. “He has to investigate all angles and avenues. Anyone of us could have planted the slime thing in the sink, or at least is a potential suspect in his eyes.”

“You’re not serious?” Mao snapped.”No one of us could have done that. Elfi got hurt!”

Fleming said.” That is why he is a good Security man. He thinks like one.”

“I was explaining Mao your motivation to include us in your investigation Sir. I trust my mates with my life, all of them.”

Mao scratched his chin. “Didn’t you arrest Merkus and the Attikan for that anyway?”

“I can’t share anything regarding the case with you but I know what is going on Deck 54, but knowing and proving something is not always the same.Besides we are fishing for more.”

“The truth will come out eventually.” Mao said. “It always does sooner or later and I sure don’t want to be the guy responsible. Eric is going to dice whoever hurt Elfi before I can make a shrink head out of him. Hans pressed his immense hands together.”Unless I get to him first.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.