Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4) - Cover

Eric Olafson, Midshipman (Vol 4)

Copyright© 2008 by Vanessa Ravencroft

Part 38: INTERLUDE: Somewhere in Freespace

The mysterious and dangerous companion of Swybar, who seemed to have dozens of names, faces and disguises, was not so dangerous anymore. Swybar didn’t even bother to check on the true identity as he shoved the body through the energy membrane and watched it float away. He might still have been alive, one never knew the exact effects of Shaill poisons, but his good friend swallowed enough to kill a heard of Petharian. At least that what the merchant had said and it worked.

His former companion was nothing more than a speck and after his next eye blink completely gone. Swybar decided he wanted to be solo and no one to look over his shoulder and perhaps rat him out or something like that. The earlier you took care of a potential danger the better it was, an old Thauran saying that he found very useful.

For the first time in a long while he felt free. Free of obligations to the Fleet, to the worm, to anyone. He was his own master with a very nice ship. He had sold a crate of Terran TKU’s to the Karthanians for a tidy sum and now he was on his way to Sin 4 and visit the annual pirates market, he needed a Crew. Going after McElligott was still on his agenda, but the Admiral was immortal and could wait. He wanted his own trail to get cold and then strike if no one expected him anymore.


The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.