B.J. Jones the Story of My Life. Book 2 - Cover

B.J. Jones the Story of My Life. Book 2

Copyright© 2018 by jballs

Chapter 140

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 140 - The continuing story of B.J. Jones and her family. The fight against terrorism and building her unique family goes on. The characters, plot and action are continued from Book 1

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including ft/ft   Consensual   Lesbian   Fiction  

I was up early and had a light breakfast before going to the oval desk. I was there even before Connie and Troy arrived. I practiced tonight’s speech on the teleprompter; I was satisfied with the speech.

Aides started arriving with notes and information I needed to look at. One of them stated that Oregon’s legislature had worked until midnight. I wondered if burning the midnight oil was moving towards a solution or just for show. Twelve more hours would tell.

Another extended email was from General Wainwright and the head of ICE. With martial law they had fast tracked so many for deportation that there was a shortage of planes to carry them to back to Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. Two hundred thousand had been deported to Mexico alone and it was estimated that another two hundred thousand had left on their own.

It was only a drop in the bucket to the estimated twenty million thought to be in California alone.

Another was a note from the Navy. The Truman and Washington were at sea and had completed all redeployment training and tasks. They were returning to Norfolk for weapons and supplies. Those tasks would be completed in four days. The aircraft would be flown to the carriers as they were once more underway. They would be headed for their duty stations in the Indian Ocean and arrive there in ten days. Two down, five to go.

The Kennedy had been at Newport News two weeks; hull cleaning was under way. Ship fitters were removing the tons of corrosion preventative on the ships interior. Specialist were verifying all kinds of ships systems. Radar masts and towers were being reinstalled. Several new radars systems were also being installed.

Close in defense systems were being replaced with systems intended for the new Kennedy including new missile defense systems.

The Kennedy name plate, ship’s medallion and bell were gone, already attached to the new Kennedy. The Chief of Naval Operations wanted a name for the ship. It was simple - the USS Alexander Thomas CV67A. A new ship’s bell was in the process of being cast.

If one of the new unnamed Fordson carriers were to be completed, it would be named for Thomas and the medallion and ships bell transferred to it. Then the CV67A would be used as a museum ship - which was unlikely - or else scrapped or sunk as a target or for fish habitat and diving. A sad ending for a grand ship that had projected the power and might of the United States for fifty years on the oceans of the world.

It was 1000 when Caroline Brady and her family arrived at the White House. Their suitcases had been dropped off at the guest house. Her family was given the grand tour of the White House while Caroline and I started discussions.

‘‘Have you thought about the offer and all the consequences that will take place? Your personal life will be laid bare for the world to see,’’ I said.

‘‘We are prepared, we have led a clean life and we went through all of this when I was appointed to the Court of Appeals. I’m ready for it,’’ she said.

‘‘That’s good. I have read through the questions that were posed to you for that appointment. Let’s clarify some of the answers, then I have a few questions of my own,’’ I said.

Connie, Troy and VP Harrison joined on the questioning. Two hours later we were finished. I was satisfied. To find out how the VP and Troy felt, I suggested a break so Caroline could find her family.

The senators would have days to question Caroline in various committees plus there were hearings in the full Senate before they would vote. It would be a month or more before the process was complete.

VP Harrison, Troy and I met at the coffee pot. We were all in agreement; Caroline was my candidate. I found her in the lobby looking at the historic pictures with her family.

‘‘I’m pleased - I want you for my nominee for the Supreme Court. Do you want a few minutes discussion time with your family before we call a news conference?’’ I asked.

‘‘Yes please,’’ Caroline replied.

‘‘I’ll be in the Oval Office, come find me when you are finished. If you want a quiet place to talk, the meeting room is empty,’’ I said pointing to the room.

I went back to the Oval Office. In fact I met Troy, Attorney General Dunne and Eric Roberson there. Eric was the director of DHS.

‘‘Are you going to sign the papers for Oregon?’’ Eric asked.

‘‘I gave the governor and the legislature until 1700 to do the necessary things to avert martial law and enforcement. I haven’t heard anything yet,’’ I said.

‘‘They are still in session or were a few minutes ago. The reason I came is DHS has been looking into the drugs getting on the streets in Portland.”

‘‘They are coming in through the port. We have identified the people and groups at the port and have them under surveillance.’’

‘‘We have narrowed it down to a couple of the police departments giving cover and two city administrators involved. If you go with your plan, we want to make the arrests at the same time,’’ Eric said.

‘‘If you don’t order the army in, we will wait a few more days,’’ Eric added.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.