B.J. Jones the Story of My Life. Book 2 - Cover

B.J. Jones the Story of My Life. Book 2

Copyright© 2018 by jballs

Chapter 119

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 119 - The continuing story of B.J. Jones and her family. The fight against terrorism and building her unique family goes on. The characters, plot and action are continued from Book 1

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including ft/ft   Consensual   Lesbian   Fiction  

Breakfast was delivered and I ate at the desk in the Oval Office. While I ate I started reading the intelligence updates from the various agencies. I used a hi-lighter to mark out things I wanted to ask questions about.

I had meetings scheduled with all the different agencies at some time today. OJT was not something I was fond of at this level but it was the only choice I had for some things.

Senator Harrison arrived at 0745 for his appointment - fifteen minutes early - as I thought he would.

As all things with the President, he was not allowed to meet with me alone. There was a stenographer and also Troy was in the room at the table.

After congratulating me as the new President and condolences on the death of our friend, we talked about how the death of President Thomas would affect policies and Congress. We had a short discussion about how the funeral would play out.

“I asked you here because I wanted to ask you to be my Vice President. Are up for the challenge?” I said.

The Senator thought for only a minute, “Yes, I will take that challenge,” he said.

I had Troy summon the House and Senate leaders to be here at 0900.

“I’m going to ask for special session of congress to vote on your nomination for tomorrow. While they are here we will do a quick news conference to announce it.”

At 0830 I called all the White House staff together.

“After the events of last night and the loss of our friend, leader and President- today is one tough day. The week is going to be tough. I can understand the need to sit and collect your thoughts and concerns.”

“If you feel the need just to be away from here today, I understand. If you need to talk I will make time to do that.”

“Connie, you look like you have a question “ l said.

Connie Hines had been one of President Thomas’s personal secretaries; he had two. She had taken notes at many of the meetings between the President and me since I started working for the President on the Task Force. She knew when to write and not to write.

“I know this the wrong time to ask but what is going to happen to the personal staff? We are not protected like other government workers - we worked for the President and not an agency. I am a single mom,” she said.

“All the staff stays on and you can still be the President’s personal secretary - to me. I need people that know their jobs and what I should be doing and when. I can be very hard nosed, stubborn and difficult to work with, I have been told,” I said.

We had an thirty minutes before they were to be here. Troy, the Senator and I talked policy, the former presidents and the changes that could be made. One thing for sure, there was still going to be a push for veteran benefits and an intense push on the illegal immigrant problem.

Another problem that I wanted tackled was fraud in entitlements. Programs that were intended as temporary dragged on forever. I wanted to know why.

Another was waste in military spending, a topic that everyone had tried to address for decades.

The two Senators and two Representatives were on time, not early.

“I asked you here because the events of the last few weeks prove how important it is to have a Vice President. I have asked Senator Harrison to fill the position in my administration.”

“I am asking you to expedite his appointment by having a confirmation vote in the houses and senate immediately. Senator Harrison is no stranger to congress and to the American people. His service spanned forty years with distinction first the House and then the Senate,” I said.

“I know the timing couldn’t be worse for the request but I know from firsthand experience just how important it is to have the Vice President’s position filled,” I said.

They agreed that it was important. After a much longer discussion, a vote would be held tomorrow. There was a discussion on bills in various committees and working their way through Congress.

“There is no chance of the proposed gun control being signed in its current form. Many of the regulations being proposed have been tried in several states with poor results. I have no interest in destroying our rights one law, one piece at a time. There are things I would support and I suggest we meet and come up with legislation that works and we all can support,” I said.

“The transportation bill that has been stalled needs new life. We need to sit down and come with a bill that improves infrastructure in all areas, not just a few big cities. No more multi - billion bullet trains and tunnels that go nowhere or only shave several minutes off a commute.”

“The roads are full of potholes and bridges are falling apart. Let’s fix them and no more funding of environmental upgrades from highway funds,” I said.

“Funding has been the problem,” Senator Kilgore responded.

“First we have to stop the drain on the highway trust fund for non-highway pet projects. Then let’s look at reasonable funding approaches we can all agree on,” I said.

“I propose we have a weekly meeting on infrastructure until we get a bill passed we can live with,” I said.

It was 0940 when two boys saw me through the open office door and ran towards me.

“ Mom is this your new office? Mommy said this is your new home but we can come stay with you anytime we want,” JJ said.

“That’s right and when you are not here, I will be there to see you a lot,” I said.

“This is JJ and RJ, they are an important part of my family,” I said.

An aide came in, “Chief Justice Burger is here in the study with your family.”

“How old are you?” the Chief Justice asked.

“I will soon be thirty six,” I said.

“The requirement is you must be at least thirty five to take the oath. You will be the youngest President ever. JFK was next at forty two,” the Chief Justice said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.