A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 9 - Kami - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 9 - Kami

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 33: Tell Me How I Can Help

December 31, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

“How about it? After the midnight kisses, you and I do what we’ve both wanted to do since that day I met you in your office? The one fringe benefit I never got to take advantage of?”

I chuckled, “Which is?”

She pulled me very close, plastering her firm body against mine, “Being fucked silly by the best there is!”

“Abbie and Trish might have exaggerated!”

“Doubtful! So, how about it? You? Me? Naked? Fucking?”

She ground against me, eliciting the exact response she wanted.

“I received clean test results a week ago!” she continued. “You and me, dancing horizontally! Think about it!”

“I am,” I chuckled. “Quite obviously!”

“And wouldn’t you like to put that someplace warm and wet?”

“A hot tub?” I teased.

She swatted my butt, hard, and growled, “You know what I meant!”

“Let me talk to Kara, OK?”

“Already covered,” Amanda laughed.

“And she said?”

“That it’s not up to her and Doctor Jessica. She said I had to ask you. And I’m asking.”

She ground against my rock-hard erection, which was straining against my khakis. The song ended and I released one of my arms, and we walked to the liquor cabinet arm-in-arm. I poured myself some bourbon and poured her a rum and coke.

“If that’s what you want, come see me after midnight,” I said.

“Yes!” she hissed.

She leaned up and kissed my cheek then scooted away and I saw her ask a Navy ensign Howard had invited to the party to dance.

“She looked like she was about to climb inside your clothes!” Molly observed, coming up next to me. “Gin and soda, with lime, please.”

I poured her drink and squeezed a lime wedge into it and handed it to her.

“She’s our soon to be former nanny. Today was her last day and she’s moving to the UK in a few days.”

“You bang your nanny?” she asked.

I shook my head, “No. That’s the first time I’ve ever danced that close with her. We kept things totally professional. Technically, she’s off duty as of 6:00pm, so in effect, she’s no longer an employee.”

“I’ve seen quite a few other girls try to get that close to you, too! I think the word is ‘incorrigible’!”

“I did tell you I had quite a few girls in the past.”

“But nearly everyone in this room? Or so it seems from the way they all dance with you!”

“YOU danced that close to me, Ms. Kraus!” I countered.

“And even closer this morning before we left Racine!” she laughed. “Want to dance?”

“Sure. Let’s finish our drinks.”

We downed our drinks and then moved onto the dance floor, dancing to three songs, one of which was slow, and Molly did HER best to get inside my clothes, laughing most of the time as she did her best to keep me aroused the entire time.

“You do realize after midnight you can’t do that, right?” I grinned.

“I claim privilege to get a very good kiss after midnight. Well, after your wives get theirs.”

“I think I can allow that!” I grinned.

I danced with several more girls, including my usual VERY close dance with Kathy, then took a glass of bourbon and my pipe to the backyard. I wasn’t surprised when Kara came outside to sit with me.

“OK to talk?” she asked.

I nodded, sucking on the pipe, and blowing out fragrant smoke.

“Taking advantage of Jess not being here?” she asked with a silly smile.

“Yep. She’ll still get on my case, but at least I can smoke in peace!”

“Do you want me to come back later?”

“No, I didn’t mean it that way. Of course, if your daughter comes out I’ll get an earful because they’re getting indoctrinated about smoking at school. Anyway, Amanda first.”

Kara laughed softly, “The girl who, assuming Abbie’s role, expected to get her brains fucked out regularly by the man of the house, and who patiently waited until she was no longer an employee to ask?”

“She did have Jon and Karen,” I chuckled.

“Yes, but after Abbie and Trish talked up your many talents, she wanted to experience them for herself. But when you made the point about her being an employee, she didn’t make an issue of it. If there is any girl who deserves your attention, it’s certainly Amanda!”

“She suggested after midnight, but I think it would be better to wait until the guests have left. Everyone will be gone by midday tomorrow.”

“It sounds as if you like the idea!”

I grinned, “She was right in that I wanted to from the first day I met her just about two years ago!”

“And Maria Cristina?”

“I think I know what’s going on and I’m wondering what you said to her. I’m not sure how long the story is, but if you can finish it before I finish this bowl of tobacco, then go ahead. Otherwise it’ll have to wait until tomorrow.”

“She’s part of a mentoring program for young women that the ‘Chemistry Mafia’ set up. She’s not my mentee. Mine is a young black girl from the projects. I’m working to help her get a scholarship so she can attend IIT and study Chemistry. Maria Cristina is being mentored by my friend Elaine, and wants to be a doctor. All I told her was that you know a lot of doctors and might be a good person to get to know.”

“And?”

“She would be someone who wouldn’t be looking for a permanent relationship anytime soon, and you know how medical school and Residency are.”

“Yes. But WHY would she be interested in an old married guy?”

“You are NOT old, Snuggle Bear!” Kara protested.

“Forgive me; an OLDER, married guy, then.”

“You made a deal with Samantha, didn’t you? One that amounted to a contract?”

“Yes, but that was a VERY different situation. If I’m reading this right, you are basically setting her up to trade a relationship with me for tuition and support while she becomes a doctor! Does SHE know this?”

“I want you to talk to her tomorrow. She doesn’t live too far away, and she’ll come back after lunch. Well, I guess we’ll have to work around you and Amanda.”

“I’m sure Amanda will be OK with waiting until after Jess goes to work tomorrow evening, if you’re OK giving up some time with me.”

“I am.”

“I’m still not understanding what you’ve said to Maria Cristina and what she said. I want YOU to tell me, Kara.”

“She mentioned to Elaine that she was frustrated with not being able to afford UofC and joked about finding a rich guy who would help her. Elaine mentioned that to me, and I talked to Maria Cristina.”

“Seriously, Kara?” I asked, exasperated.

“Explain to me how it’s any different from what happened with Samantha. That was a straight-up trade of her virginity for what she wanted from you, and then a business deal which included sex.”

“That was different.”

“Why?”

“Because Samantha wasn’t in a situation where she was, in effect, forced into a deal.”

“Oh no? Things at home were just so rosy and peachy-keen that she didn’t need you? That she didn’t turn to you out of pure desperation cloaked in what appeared to be a mature business decision? One that blew up the minute a jealous girl told a silly lie which Samantha, as a mature adult, should have verified before she flew off the handle? Do I need to go on?”

I took a deep breath and let it out.

“No. I see your point. So what did you say to her?”

“That I knew someone who could help her with her career, and who had helped several other young women with their careers - Samantha, Jeri, Jess, Abbie, your female executives, Charlie, Penny, Kimmy, and now, Molly. Do I need to go on with the list? I can.”

“No.”

“She said she’d like to meet the guy, and that’s when I asked about what she said to Elaine. She blushed bright red, but didn’t deny it. I asked her if she was serious about it, and she nodded. I told her the same guy who could mentor her had the resources to help her. She said she’d like to meet him.”

“Does she know about Cirque du Steve?” I asked.

“Only the barest details.”

“I’m still not sure this is a good idea.”

“Tell me how this is different from any of the many girls you’ve helped in one way or another. You’ve slept with so many of the girls you’ve hired at NIKA! And so many of the girls for whom you acted as mentor. Do you think having sex with you benefitted them or hurt them?”

“That’s not a simple question to answer,” I said. “Michelle being a perfect counter-example, I think.”

Kara shook her head, “No, the problem with Michelle was that it ended up as an unequal transaction. She gave up her most precious asset, at least in her mind, without ensuring she could get the value for it that she wanted.”

“That sounds horrible, Kara!”

“Really now? It sounds like YOU, Snuggle Bear! You ALWAYS talk about exchanging value! Always! And you do it all the time! Now, suddenly, when I point out a possible exchange of value, it’s a bad thing? What if SHE had brought this directly to you? Or, let me try a different tack. What if Liz had asked you to help pay for college in exchange for being your long-term lover? What would you have done?!”

“You’re not fighting fair!” I chuckled.

“Hah!” Kara laughed. “See! And I can add one more.”

“Go on,” I sighed.

“That was the EXACT deal you made with Jessica. You covered much of her tuition, paid her rent, and helped pay off most of her loans. That was a clear quid pro quo, as you like to say!”

“I had to go and marry a very smart girl,” I sighed.

“I just listen to you, Steve. Think about what I’ve said. It’s the argument you’ve made over and over again. A fair exchange of value. She gets to become a doctor without incurring insane amounts of debt, is cared for dearly, and has access to some of the best doctors in Chicago. You get sex, plus, more importantly for you, the pleasure of successfully mentoring a young woman. THAT makes you happier than all the sex in the world! Will you at least admit that point?”

“Yes,” I nodded, “because it’s true.”

“So why freak out about this? Nobody has coerced anyone or forced anyone. I would never have approached her if she hadn’t said something to Elaine, even if it was just a random thought at first. Finish your pipe and go dance with her. She’s been enjoying her dances with those three young Ensigns who are falling all over themselves to dance with a very pretty Cuban girl! Then invite her to come to lunch.”

“And what’s in this for you?”

“A stable, happy household.”

I shook my head, “No, there’s more to it.”

“A happy husband! One who has what he’s been looking for - a long-term, stable third. May I make an observation? One which I will never ever repeat?”

“You can say anything you want, Honey.”

“It was a mistake to encourage Elyse to be with Eduardo. SHE was your long-term, stable third, and you made a major mistake when you pushed her away.”

I took a deep breath, “You have a point. But I thought I was doing what was best for her.”

“And do you think that’s still true?”

I shook my head, “Not completely. She hates living in the city and we’re totally wedded to this area now. Had I known twelve years ago...”

“She chose not to say anything. When did she tell you she wanted to move?”

“Shit,” I sighed.

“You were your usual «jävla idiot» self. And that is one thing that does concern me with Michelle. You have this trait where when you feel responsible for something, you act like an even bigger «jävla idiot» than you usually do. So far you’ve done OK regarding Michelle, but I am concerned about what happens when she hits rock bottom. And she will.”

I took another deep drag on my pipe and blew it out slowly.

“You’re afraid I’ll drop everything and run to her side.”

“It would fit the pattern. Have you heard from her?”

“Not since I was there. Melissa is keeping me posted. Michelle is just going through the motions right now, but she’s eating and sleeping.”

“Because the baby is everything to her right now. God help her and us if something happens.”

“Please don’t tempt Fate, Kara. She’s always looking for an angle.”

“Steve, do you want a long-term third?”

I nodded, “Yes.”

“And you agree that there is nothing wrong with the value proposition?”

“In a theoretical sense, no.”

“Then go upstairs, dance with her, talk to her, and see if her value proposition works for you. And there is one thing I don’t think you’ve realized.”

“What’s that?”

“If you schedule your trips properly, she could travel with you. And Jamie can’t object.”

“I talk too much,” I said, shaking my head.

I tapped out my pipe, downed the last of my bourbon, and Kara and I went back into the house. I stopped off in the bedroom to brush my teeth and use mouthwash to kill most of the tobacco breath I would have, then went up to the attic room where I asked Maria Cristina to dance. She accepted and after two fast songs, I was surprised to hear My Way by Frank Sinatra.

I looked over at the stereo and saw Al Barton with a silly grin on his face. He took Belinda’s hand and led her out to the dance floor. I laughed, rolled my eyes, and took Maria Cristina into my arms. We danced close, but not too close, our bodies making only the briefest contact when her small breasts rubbed against my chest.

That contact, though was enough to cause a mental image to form, and I knew Kara had chosen well, at least in terms of outward appearances. I was still struggling with the whole idea, but Kara had made a point that I DID make transactions such as the one she’d suggested Maria Cristina was interested in. As I thought about it, I DID have a potential way through the thicket. And a good one, at that.

We finished the dance, I released Maria Cristina, and went back to stand with Kara while one of the ensigns swooped in to dance with her.

“If this is going to work, and I’m not saying it is, I need to develop a relationship with her first. Then we can decide what to do. She was accepted to both UofC and UIC, right?”

“Yes. And she still has some time before she has to decide.”

“And she’s not eighteen yet, which is also a consideration. So, I’ll invite her to lunch and talk to her, but she’ll need to come visit and hang out with us before I decide.”

“She has until May 1st for both schools, so that’s not a problem. And she’ll turn eighteen soon, so that’s not a problem.”

I checked my watch and it was time to go down to the great room to complete the setup, which Kara, Jesse, Eduardo, and Kurt helped with. We called everyone down to hear Sofia read «Nyårsklockan», and then wait for my Mac to countdown to midnight. Everyone counted the last ten seconds, and then there was a serious spate of kissing and sipping of champagne.

“It’ll need to be tomorrow evening after Kara and I walk Jess to work,” I said. “I’ll explain later. I’m not trying to back out. OK?”

“Sure,” Amanda said.

At about 12:15am, Kara mentioned that Maria Cristina needed to go home, and suggested we walk her to her car, which was parked in a lot on Hyde Park Avenue because of the limited street parking around our house and the number of guests we had. I agreed, and we left the house, heading for the parking lot which was about two blocks from the new dojo.

“Why don’t you come for brunch tomorrow,” I said as we reached Hyde Park Avenue. “We can talk.”

“Cool!” she said enthusiastically. “What time?”

“11:00am. Most people are up and about by then. The party will go until around 3:00am.”

“Wow!”

“Did you enjoy yourself?”

“All those Navy guys falling over themselves to dance with me? Plus dancing with you and a few others? Yes!”

When we reached the lot, she got into an early 80s ‘K’ car, and started the engine. Once she’d driven away, Kara and I turned for home. When we arrived, the dancing was in full swing, and a bunch of guys were playing pool. Kara and I went up to the attic room and danced with each other, as well as switching partners so I could dance with Kathy and she could dance with Kurt.

“Your wife is outrageous!” Kurt laughed as we walked to get drinks following the dance.

“It took you this long to figure that out?” I chuckled.

“She continues to find ways to top whatever outrageous thing she said or did the last time!”

“She invited you and Kathy to share our bed with us?” I grinned.

Kurt laughed hard, “OF COURSE you knew! You know, there are days...”

“Where you dream of making love with my wife while I make love to yours?”

“You see, it’s that SECOND part that bugs me!”

I clapped him on the back, “I know, and that’s why it’s just teasing.”

We got drinks for ourselves and our wives, then went to join them. When we finished them, I danced with Kara while Kurt danced with Kathy.

“What did you say to him?” I chuckled.

“Me? I just explained in very clear detail what I’d do with him!” she said primly.

“You did not!”

“Of course not. I simply made the invitation I knew he couldn’t accept and he knew I didn’t mean it!”

“Which was still enough to get him flustered, though I think you’re losing your touch. He didn’t drag Kathy out of the attic room!”

“Or are YOU losing YOUR touch? Kathy didn’t drag HIM out of the attic room!”

“I think after ten years they’re finally immune!”

“Dad?” Birgit said, coming up to us.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed, young lady?”

“Jesse is still awake! Will you dance with me?”

“Even in THIS they compete,” I said to Kara, then scooped up my daughter in my arms.

I danced with her in my arms and with her having her arms wrapped around my neck and her legs lightly around my waist. When the song finished, I kissed her forehead and she kissed my cheek. When I put her down, she went over to where Jesse was sitting and plopped down.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.