Jenny and John - Cover

Jenny and John

Copyright© 2018 by DDMarshall

Chapter 19: Jenny Helps Out an Old Friend

I picked up our business line when it rang and said. “Magic Escort Services, how may I help you?” The voice on the other end of the line sounded familiar when I heard, “Is that you, John?” “Yes, this is John. To whom am I speaking?”

“It’s me, John, Mr. Korenski. I heard about your new business, and I thought you might be able to help me. My thirtieth college reunion is coming, and I’m ashamed to say I will probably be the only one there without a wife or a companion. Do you think you might be able to find someone willing to go with an old man?”

“Well, Mr. Korenski, I think...,” that was all I got out of my mouth before Jenny pulled the phone out of my hand.

“Hello Mr. Korenski, how are you? It’s me, Jenny Fargo.”

I could only hear Jenny’s side of the conversation and Mr. Korenski’s muffled voice.

“That’s good to hear. Why are you calling our business line? ... Will there be dancing? ... Oh, I am sure that I can be free if that is acceptable to you and there will be no charge ... It’s at the Hyatt in Boston. That’s fine. John just said there will be a complimentary limo for the night.”

I started to protest but got a look from Jenny that meant that she had made up her mind and I had better not argue. I threw up my hands and watched as Jenny took down all the details and gave away $1,200 worth of services so she could go dancing with Mr. Korenski. Jenny was smiling when she hung up the phone.

I started to protest again, but Jenny shut me up when she pointed her finger at me and scolded me, “You owe that man for what he did for you, and this is the least you can do for him. If you’re so worried about the money, you drive the limo. That will save you 200 dollars.”

I sat down and thought about it for a few seconds and knew she was absolutely right, “I think we better stock the limo with our best champagne.” Jenny sat on my lap and kissed me, and all was right with the world again.

The night came that we were to pick up Mr. Korenski. Jenny was all excited about dancing with someone who knew what he was doing on the dance floor. I was pretty much lacking in dance skills. Anything past holding Jenny tightly and swaying back and forth while trying not to step on her feet was beyond me. Although I did a mean Twist when Chubby Checker was playing on the oldies radio station if nobody was around.

I parked in front of Mr. Korenski’s house, called on the phone to announce our arrival, and dutifully got out and waited by the limo door for him to come out. He wore a tweed jacket, tan slacks, rimless spectacles, a light blue dress shirt, his signature bow tie, and a big smile. He was the perfect picture of a professor on his way to class. I opened the limo door for him; Jenny looked out the door and said, “He is so adorable. I could just hug him all night.”

When he got to the limo, I greeted him and said, “Your lady awaits.”

Just before he entered the limo, Mr. Korenski patted me on the shoulder and said he really appreciated this and if there was ever anything he could do for me, just to ask.

I leaned in just before I shut the door and said, “You two behave yourselves in there.”

Jenny piped up and told me, “You just drive and keep your eyes on the road, Sweetie.”

I laughed and shut the door. It was a little over an hour’s drive to Boston, and there was a lot of traffic. Jenny was telling Mr. Korenski how she had been looking forward to tonight and getting him on the dance floor again. I shut the privacy glass that separated me from the back seats and concentrated on my driving.

I pulled in front of the Hyatt a little after 8:00 p.m. I got out and went around and opened the door for them. Mr. Korenski got out first and held his hand out to help Jenny out of the car. Jenny looked perfect in her LBD (Little Black Dress). Jenny took his arm when he offered it to her, and they ignored me like I was the hired help as they continued their animated conversation and headed into the Hotel.

I drove around the block a few times until I could find a good parking spot, walked to an all-night diner, got some coffee, and chatted with a couple of other limo drivers and a cabbie. Mr. Korenski’s reunion was scheduled to end at 11:00. At 10:30, I drove back to the Hyatt and found a good spot to wait for Jenny and Mr. Korenski to appear and drive them home. A little after 11:00, couples of Mr. Korenski’s age started to appear at the door. I started the limo and pulled up close to the door when I saw them come out. I got out and opened the limo door for them. They said their goodbyes to some of the other guests and quickly got in the limo before the doorman could curse me out for double-parking.

I put the privacy glass down to hear Jenny and Mr. Korenski fill me in on how everything went at his reunion. When they completed their tale of what a wonderful time they had, they sat back and relaxed. I glanced in the rearview mirror, and Jenny was sitting close to Mr. Korenski and had her head on his shoulder. I figured she was worn out from all the dancing. We were just on the outskirts of Boston when I heard the pop of the cork from the Champagne bottle. When I glanced back this time, they were toasting each other and laughing about how everyone thought it was so nice of Mr. Korenski to bring his lovely niece to the reunion. I know they each had at least three flutes of Champagne over the next 20 minutes. I noticed a long silence and glanced in the rearview mirror. Mr. Korenski was sitting with his head back, his mouth open, and his eyes closed like he was sleeping, but I couldn’t see Jenny.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.