A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 8 - NIKA - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 8 - NIKA

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 66: Fresh Wisconsin Beaver

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 66: Fresh Wisconsin Beaver - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 7. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first seven books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have extreme difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author is a two-time Clitorids 'Author of the Year' winner (2015,2017) and won 'Best New Author' in the 2015.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Crime   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

June 13, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

“So what are you going to do?” Kara asked as she, Jessica, and I snuggled in bed on Tuesday night.

We’d made love and very soon we’d have to walk Jessica to work.

“About Melissa?”

“And Jillian. And Marcia.”

“Marcia is simple, if you mean being with her. She’s sixteen AND a member of the dojo, so that’s a non-starter. And, just to put a true end to it, the age of consent in a situation where the older person is a teacher or some kind of authority figure is eighteen, not seventeen. And if you’re referring to her reaction to me being with her mom, don’t worry about that. Jillian is outside my age range!”

“Seriously?” Jessica asked with a soft laugh. “I could see that age limit when you were a teenager, but now? I don’t see it.”

“Call it a mental block,” I chuckled. “But even so, think about how badly that might affect Marcia. Her mom having an affair with a married man who is also her instructor? And, if her friend Jeannette is right, someone SHE wants to be with? Forget it. That can’t possibly end well, no matter which way it goes. And I see that smirk, Kara Anne Adams!”

“What?” Kara asked, trying to sound innocent.

“You’re thinking about a mother-daughter fantasy! And I think that one would end in disaster just as one with Jolene and Hope would have ended in disaster. So wipe that silly smirk off your face, dear wife!”

“You’re just no fun anymore,” Kara said primly.

“I get enough of THAT from Penny!” I chuckled.

“So what about Melissa’s request?” Jessica asked.

“Risking a very profitable business relationship for a bit of fun? It doesn’t make a lot of sense.”

“Isn’t this the kind of thing Elena suggested to you?” Kara asked.

“Yes and no. An ‘adult affair’ would be perfectly OK if it weren’t for M&M and NIKA, not to mention Patent Partners.”

“But is it as risky as you think it might be?” Jessica asked.

“Based on my actions? No, not really,” I replied. “But based on hers, possibly. Babe, it’s time for you to shower and get dressed for work.”

Jessica sighed and got out of bed. We watched her walk naked into the bathroom, then got out of bed and followed her. After Jessica’s shower, Kara and I quickly rinsed off and put on casual clothes while Jessica dressed in her usual skirt and blouse she wore to work.

“What worries you?” Jessica asked as we left the bedroom.

“If I were to decide I wanted to end it and she didn’t.”

“You think she might threaten the business relationship to get you to continue?”

“It’s possible. Or just cancel it in a fit of pique. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!”

We left the bedroom and walked downstairs.

Kara laughed as we walked out the front door, “Right! Because your relationship with Dante was so stable!”

“He might not be the best example to use,” I chuckled.

The three of us joined hands once we reached the sidewalk.

“You think she can’t handle it?” Jessica asked.

“I don’t know if she can handle it nor do I know how to find out in advance. You know if she were to break it off with me, I’d be fine. I’m not so sure about the other way around.”

“Why not just ask her?”

“Because I can’t be sure she knows herself well enough to know how she’ll respond. She’s never been married, and as far as I can tell, never had a long-term relationship. Granted, in one sense, she’s had a series of love affairs, so maybe things would work out. The problem is, I don’t know what happened at the end of those love affairs. For all we know, she’s a Black Widow!”

Kara and Jessica both laughed.

“I think the two of us could do you in much quicker than Melissa!” Jessica teased.

“But see, I know you won’t!”

“Don’t be so sure, Tiger!” Jessica said solemnly.

“Neither of you would deprive your children of their father!”

“Or ourselves of our husband!” Kara declared.

We reached the hospital where Kara and I each kissed Jessica, then watched her walk into the ER. Once she was inside, we walked quickly home and got into bed.

“I think you’ve created a situation where no ‘dall-yances’ are possible,” Kara said. “Is that what you were trying to do?”

“I’m just trying to be the best husband, father, and CEO I can be, and be as happy as possible given my responsibilities and the circumstances.”

“I suppose that’s all any of us can do, though obviously wife and mom for me and Jessica.”

“How do you think she’s doing?”

“I think, finally, everything is as it should be. I know that’s when you think things get craziest, but perhaps not this time.”

“Because I’ve changed?”

“That’s part of it. You came back from Japan a very different person - more focused, calmer, more thoughtful. And your second trip seems to have made the original profound effect even more heightened.”

“So you agree with my thinking about Melissa?”

“Except for Michelle, you haven’t been with anyone except us since your meltdown over the twins. I think you have to decide if that’s what you want.”

“I could always take Jeannette up on her offer...” I chuckled.

“That might not be the wisest course of action based on what you said before.”

“No kidding! Of course, there’s always Molly, the sensei from the dojo in Racine.”

“She’s not in any of the ‘off-limits categories, is she?”

“Not really. She’s a karate instructor, but she’s not part of our dojo. I’ll see her Saturday.”

“So maybe you WILL have your ‘dall-yance’ after all!”

I chuckled, “It’s so funny we picked up Birgit’s word.”

“You started it, Snuggle Bear!”

“I suppose I did. But enough about ‘dall-yances’. How about you and I just make love and let tomorrow worry about itself?”

“Yes, please!”

June 14, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

“Welcome, everyone,” Sensei Jim said when we gathered at the dinner table on Wednesday night.

“In case you haven’t heard,” he continued, “we’ve received a dozen inquiries from the videotapes and CDs we’ve sent out, and four of them look as if they’ll pan out. I’ve also made arrangements for a demonstration at UofC once the new quarter starts in August, as well as at the local Middle Schools and High Schools. I’ve asked Will to handle the demonstrations at the public schools, and Therese to handle the demonstrations at UofC.

“Otherwise, things seem to be going well. As you all know, Marcia won the Memorial Day competition in her age group. She’s planning to compete in the Labor Day tournament as well. It’s my intention to test her for 3rd Kyu before then. I’ve conferred with Steve and be believes she’s ready. Does anyone have any objections?”

There were shakes of the head around the table.

“Good!” he said. “Then I’ll speak to her on Saturday about this. Are there any issues which need to be brought to my attention?”

“I noticed the mats in the main training room are starting to look pretty worn,” Kara said.

“And the training bag as well,” I added. “Do you have a budget to replace those things?”

“Yes. The finances of the dojo have always been just enough to sustain it and replace things when they’re at the very end of their useful life. But it’s a close thing, which is why I make sure we get full use from every bit of equipment.”

“You know, I never asked, but do you own the building or rent?” I asked.

“Rent.”

“I wonder if it might not make sense to purchase the building. That way, you build equity instead of just having the funds go to the landlord.”

“That’s not something I was ever in a position to do.”

“I think we should be able to work something out,” I said. “Let me talk to my friend Alec Glass, a real estate investor, and figure out the best approach. That won’t lock us into anything, but it will provide options.”

“OK. Let me know what you find out. Just remember there isn’t much in the way of extra money.”

“I understand. Let me see what options we have. Would you be opposed to moving if we could find a better space we could purchase?”

“I’m not opposed to anything which makes sense.”

Sensei Jim’s wife served the ‘family style’ meal, and we began to eat.

“Jessica, Kara, Birgit, and I will be gone for about two weeks starting July 14th. We’re going to Sweden and Russia. When we return, I need to go to California for a few days.”

“OK. Anyone else?”

“Mickey and I are taking a vacation about the same time,” Jolene said.

“Mine is in August,” Therese said.

“And so is mine,” Sensei Jim said. “Will and Hannah will run the daytime classes. I’ve already spoken to them. Steve will coordinate the evening and Saturday classes.”

We had a good meal, followed by another thirty minutes of talking, then Kara and I headed home to spend some time with Jessica before it was time to walk her to work.

June 15, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

“Did everyone have a chance to review the agenda?” Jeri asked when she called the Foundation Board meeting to order on Thursday evening.

There were nods of assent from those in the room, and verbal assertions from those on the phone. Jeri had the secretary call the roll, and everyone was present: Jeri Lundgren, Steve Adams, Samantha Spurgeon, Alec Glass, Ben Jackson, Doctor Gail Winston, Father Lynn MacGregor, Sir Danny Hunter, and Zoe Reynolds.

“Our first order of business is vote to terminate, or not renew, the following grants: PETA, The Sierra Club, and Planned Parenthood. Unless there is an objection, the chair will entertain a single motion to cease our support of those three organizations.”

“So moved,” Samantha said quickly.

“Second!” I said immediately after.

The vote was 9-0 in favor of the motion.

“Next, Lieutenant Commander Howard Pointe will provide a status update on the ER project at UofC.”

I’d heard the entire report from Al over the weekend, so I mostly tuned out. Things were progressing as expected, but it was a nearly three-year project from start to finish. When Howard finished, we reviewed the financial report for the project. Everything was, surprisingly, within budget. I figured that it was only a matter of time before we’d see cost overruns and need to raise additional funds.

Once Howard’s report was completed, we reviewed a half-dozen applications, rejecting two outright and approving four for further investigation. When the meeting finished, I pulled Alec aside to talk to him about the dojo.

“You know the problem with Hyde Park,” he said. “But if you’re willing to put some money into rehabilitation, there are some buildings which might suit you. But I’m not sure you’ll be able to afford even an older building in need of rehabilitation. For a commercial loan, which is what you’re talking, you’ll need 20% down, and sufficient corporate income to service the debt. I suspect the dojo income is highly variable because it relies on signing up new students and for current students to continue.”

“That’s what I was afraid of. Do you have any suggestions?”

“The one that comes to mind is to form a limited partnership of some kind and have the partners put up the capital to buy the building, with the dojo leasing it from the partners. If your instructor is the senior partner, he’ll build equity which he can sell to the other partners when he retires. I could help you get that set up. Do you have a building in mind?”

“The current one is a bit small, but it would do if we have to stay there. On the other hand, if you could help us find something in Hyde Park or Kenwood, I’d appreciate it.”

“Let me see what I can do. Are you available for dinner next week?”

“Is Friday OK? That’s my one night off from karate.”

“Sure. Let’s call it Friday the 23rd at 6:00pm.”

He gave me the address which I wrote down in my notebook.

“I’ll be there. How is Lisa doing?”

“Adjusting to being a free woman. She met her parole officer yesterday. She has to check in once a week, but otherwise, she doesn’t have any restrictions. She’ll start working for me next week. Just handling paperwork to start.”

“That’s good.”

“Thanks again, Steve. See you next Friday.”

We shook hands and I left the Foundation offices and headed home.

“You HAVE to come see this!” Elyse called out when I walked into the house.

“What’s up?”

“I think you’re right and OJ is going to walk! Watch this clip they’re going to replay from Court TV.”

I did and I burst out laughing.

If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit!

“I can’t believe the prosecution was that stupid!” I said. “Those were leather gloves and they were soaked in blood, not to mention OJ is wearing surgical gloves to avoid getting his DNA on them. Of COURSE they don’t fit! Unreal! He’s going to walk. Period. Darden and Clark blew it.”

I was still shaking my head when I went to the ‘Indian’ room to kiss Jessica and Kara, and get ready to leave to walk Jessica to the hospital.

June 16, 1995, Chicago, Illinois

“Veto?” Dave asked after I interviewed Larry Underwood on Friday morning.

“No veto. If he’s your top choice, go for it.”

“He is. I will. Thanks. Now that this mess is mostly behind us, will I get any coding out of you?”

“Let’s call it twenty hours a week. I can’t commit to more than that. And remember, I’m gone for a couple of weeks next month.”

“No problem. I’m going to assign you the refactoring work on the Medical software. The deadline is pretty far out, so if your time isn’t what you think it is, we’ll still be able to manage.”

“Sounds good.”

“Have you seen Charlie today?”

“No. Why?”

“She was cussing a blue streak about losing her bet to you!”

I laughed, “I bet. Did you see that foolishness?”

“I saw the replay and read the report in the Trib this morning. I think we have a blueprint on how to get away with murder!”

“Except you and I are more likely to be the victims than the perpetrators!” I said solemnly.

Dave laughed, “True! I’ll get the paperwork done for Larry.”

I nodded and he left the office. Five minutes later, Cindi was at my door with news.

“Peach just announced they’re going to have a version supporting small offices of up to 20 seats at the end of the year.”

I nodded, “Now THAT is a logical development. Is there any pricing information?”

“It simply says it’ll be similar to their current pricing per user. My rough estimate is they’ll undercut us by about 20% on small offices. We need to look at our pricing structure and see if we can afford to lower the price on our licenses a bit.”

“Let’s wait to see what they do in terms of actual pricing,” I said. “And if they actually pull this off. Has there been anything in the Press or their collateral which says they’re under new ownership?”

“No. And on the pricing, I’m going to sit down with Elyse and see what we can do. The legal software isn’t carrying the company the way it once was, and we COULD do with a smaller margin to protect our customer base and gain new customers.”

“Look at it and I’ll listen to your proposal. While you’re at it, you might as well look at the medical software, consulting, and on-site support as well. We’re getting close to the time to decide those rates for next year. And you need to come up with rates for Dallas and the Raleigh-Durham area.”

“Will do. How did the interview with the Tribune go yesterday?”

“I gave them what I could, which wasn’t much. I took them through the deal as we saw it, the poison pill we set up and what occurred. I left out what was purely speculative, and that was who I thought was behind it.”

“You don’t think he did it?”

“Not the way we first imagined. I think he was prospecting and dropped it once he couldn’t buy out DCP straight up. But even THAT is speculation. What’s the word on the street about Lone Star?”

“Mostly negative. We’ve had inquiries from a number of their bigger customers who are, needless to say, a bit panicked. I’m going to make sure someone visits each of those firms to try to bring them on board.”

“Just make sure we fully document any contacts in case Edwards tries to sue us. DCP absolutely cannot, and they also agreed on behalf of Lone Star not to sue as part of the deal selling back their software and copyrights. But Jamie thinks that’s easily pierced and Edwards COULD sue. But don’t worry about that. Just stick to our plan about only contacting customers with whom we had previous dealings or who call us. Let him do his thing. If and when he does something which needs our attention, then we’ll worry about it. Peach is more of an issue.”

“And Hastings Mill Software in Vancouver. And Chickasaw Systems in Memphis. Those are the two we need to keep an eye on.”

“What’s with the name of the Canadian company? Obviously, I get Chickasaw for Memphis.”

Cindi laughed, “When the entire city of Vancouver was destroyed by fire in 1866, one of the very few buildings to remain standing was the Hastings Mill Store. I think they’re trying to tell us something!”

“Nice. I like that kind of company name. Your ex-boyfriend named us ‘Victor’ or ‘Winner’!”

“And complete with a stylized onion dome for our logo, but that came from Jeremiah, if I remember correctly.”

“It did. You know, we should probably get all of this written into a history of NIKA which we can publish on our 20th anniversary in 2005!”

“I like that idea. Let me talk to Elyse and Dave, and see if we can get Jack and Michelle to work on it for a couple of hours a month.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.