Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 6

We were taken to my place. The driver said, “I’ll be back in an hour. Is that okay, Miss?”

“Yes, thank you. I’ll see you then.”

The car left and I went inside my condo. Once inside, I showered and then fixed my hair for the evening. I took it easy for a while allowing my body to cool down from the hot shower and rest from walking during the day. I could feel that my lack of exercise was weighing on me. I needed to run.

Actually, I didn’t own an LBD. Well, it was an LBD but it was a little blue dress. It was an LBD type but in a rich deep blue that accented my skin, hair, and eyes. I also had another LBD. It was a long blue dress. It was actually in the same gorgeous blue but extended to the floor. It was a halter up top and I looked hot in it. At least that was according to some guys who had opinions that I trusted. I went into my bedroom closet and pulled it out along with the heels that I always wore with it. I dressed and picked up the tiny purse I used for these two dresses. It was just large enough for my phone, i. d. and credit card and some cash. Though I had a concealed carry permit, I rarely carried on my person. I did have a pistol locked in a box in my car though had only removed it to practice with it and to clean it.

The limo pulled into my drive on time and I went outside. It was just the driver and me. The ride to the Anderson’s home was quiet. Once there, the door was opened by someone hired for the purpose for tonight. I left the limo and went inside. Mason and Anna were there. The men were wearing tuxedos and Anna was in a long gown in a bright green. It wasn’t as figure-hugging as mine was. Mason’s eyes bugged out a little when I stepped inside. His father was there talking to someone and stopped talking and stared. I realized he was talking to Prince Asshole who turned to see me. He stared and his mouth dropped open.

He walked up to me and bowed. “My lady, it is a pleasure to see you this evening. You are absolutely stunning.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

Charles walked up and said, “Jar, Roger is right. You are stunning.”

I smiled. “Thank you, Suh. Ih’m just a simple Southern girl.” I laid a thick Southern accent on. I grinned wider.

His grin was wide. “I think you just might be the belle of the ball if we were dancing.”

The Prince said, “I am honored to escort her, particularly tonight.”

I nodded. He held his arm out properly and I put my hand on his arm. We walked into the dining area. The Prince did clean up well. He also was wearing a wide red sash across his chest. Fortunately, we didn’t clash. We walked in together and everyone quieted. I even heard a gasp from some of those in attendance. The Prince walked me to the head table and seated me. We were followed by Mason and Anna.

The Prince said, “Miss Roberts, you are beyond what I had thought to expect. I am impressed.”

I looked at him and said, “You may call me, ‘Jar,’ tonight if you wish.”

I will be honored. I am called, ‘Roger,’ by my friends. I truly would like you to be one.”

“I will tonight. I will reserve judgment about the future.” He nodded. Mason’s father sat down next to me. Mason and Anna were next to him.

People were seated at the table with us since it was oval shaped. I realized there must be at least a hundred people here for dinner.

The food began to be served. We had a shrimp cocktail dish with spicy shrimp which was quite good. I was happily surprised since my expectations had been low. I was mannerly but finished it off. We were also served a blush wine which was very smooth. I did have time between bites to talk. The woman next to the Prince was asking him about the news stories telling of our “romantic” relationship.

He said, “There is no romantic relationship. I am thankful that Miss Roberts will talk to me. There has been no romance by her choice.”

She said, “Let me accompany you and there can be romance as much as you want.” I noticed that her husband on her other side didn’t look happy about that.

Prince Asshole said, “I think not though I appreciate the offer. Miss Roberts has been a perfect lady the entire time I have been with her. I appreciate that.”

He paused and smiled in my direction. “I continue to prefer her company.”

I carefully kept my expression still. I looked down at my plate as a server placed our entrees before us. To my surprise, not only was it not rubber chicken, it wasn’t even chicken but beef and a nice-looking cut of prime rib at that. Au jus sauce was served next to it in a little cup along with a horseradish sauce. This was looking quite good.

The Prince’s eyes twinkled. “I don’t think this is rubber chicken, Jar.”

‘No, Roger, apparently not.” I had a sharp knife to my right but the beef was so tender that I could cut it with a fork! There were string beans and a dollop of mashed potatoes. Both were well-seasoned. It was all delicious. I ate politely but I ate. I listened as people talked to the Prince during the meal.

None of the conversation nor questions were directed at me nor were they about me. Therefore, I didn’t feel any need to be involved in the conversations just nodding interestedly to be polite. There was a slight gap between our entrees and the delivery of desserts. At that point, a question was asked that interested me. One of the men asked the Prince what plans had been made for the rest of the week. He responded, “We’ll have to ask Mason. He’s been keeping the schedule for the week.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.