Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 31

The King’s secretary, Madam Fierro, was at the portal. The orchestra joined the organ as all people in the church stood.

Trumpets played a fanfare and Anna started across the back to the center aisle and made her walk down the aisle to the altar. When she arrived, the trumpets played another though different fanfare and I was started on my way. When I arrived and took my place, there was long seconds of music followed by still another fanfare by the trumpets. I heard a collective “wow” from those attending as Angela walked down the aisle escorted by Captain Maes. She looked dazzling. He looked very proud.

When she arrived, Berthold bowed and kissed her hand. He then moved to a seat on the front row. Mason and Jam were across from us in reverse order. I smiled at my fiance. Mason was Best Man and I was Maid of Honor. It was agreed that we would reverse order to have our partners walk us out.

I listened to the vows which were slightly different from those used in the Methodist church but not noticeably different. I knew what mine would be in two weeks. I listened as Angela and Roger said, “I do,” to each other. After exchanging rings, King Marcus stood to speak. He said, “It is my pleasure to declare Prince Roger is now married to Princess Angela and she to him. After that, he looked at them and said, “You may kiss as husband and wife.” They kissed. The organ played with the orchestra and people applauded.

After a few moments, the music changed. Angela and Roger began to recess. As agreed, Jam and I were next followed by Anna and Mason. Once out, we waited while people left for the banquet and reception. We had to go back in for pictures taken by the royal photographer. Once that was finished, we left for the big dining hall.

We were seated at the head table since we were the bridal party. Even Captain Maes was at our table sitting next to Jam. I noticed the orchestra members setting up in one corner of the room. It was a big room so there was room for dancing.

There was some dancing and a few toasts. Then, we sat down to eat. After that, Angela and Roger were taken away in a family limousine to the chalet. There was a small mountain retreat for the royal family which had been used for honeymoons over the years and would be again. Anna told me that it was beautiful and was also used for winter vacations when the royal family wanted to ski.

Jam and I were shown pictures. It’s beautiful and huge. Normally, it only has two staff to maintain it and cook for guests. When more of the family comes there, more staff comes from the castle. For Angela and Roger, just the two would be present. They would be there a week. Then, they would prepare to join us in Georgia for my wedding.

We went to our beds that night feeling good. In the morning, we flew to Brussels and then home in the royal jet. It was an easy flight with Jam and I and Mason as the only passengers. Anna would join Mason next week as part of the advance party. She would be bringing a first installment of clothing from the castle since she would live here with Mason after their honeymoon.

She and Mason were having a house renovated. It should be finished by the time they returned from their honeymoon at the royal chalet. Anna told us we were invited to use the chalet also. I told her thanks but we had two places in Georgia from which to choose.

It was quiet when we landed. A limo met us and drove the three of us to the Anderson house. We picked up Jam’s SUV and he drove us to my place. He came in and we enjoyed sitting on the couch for a while.

Our week was busy with work, another meeting with Pastor Dean, and a fitting for my dress. On Saturday, we went to my farm for a day of relaxation. It seemed that the news media had forgotten us for a while. We didn’t mind.

We drove back and I cooked supper at my place. Sunday, Jam would pick me up and we would spend the day with his parents. That’s what we did. It was fun and relaxing. Jam’s mother wanted to talk about the wedding. She and I did. Jam and his dad listened. She was interested in when the Landers contingent would arrive. I explained that it would be a two-pronged flow with Captain Maes flying in with Anna. Later, King Marcus would fly in with Angela and Roger. I said, “That timing makes sense since Anna will live here with Mason and Berthold needs to look over everything from a security standpoint.”

She nodded. We talked about more as we lazed around through the afternoon and early evening. After supper, Jam took me home.

We pulled into my drive and there were two news vans parked on the street. Jam muttered, “What’s going on?”

“Jam, let’s find out. Stay quiet and be protective.” He nodded. We got out. Persons with microphones immediately rushed up to us.

I shouted, “You are on private property! Back off! Back off right now!”

They did back up. I moved forward with Jam right beside me to the edge of my lot. “You,” pointing to the youngest woman in the group, ‘tell me why you are here.”

“An older man pushed a microphone in my face. “We need your comments on today’s accident.”

I said, “To you, there will be no comment now or in the future.” He pushed the microphone in my face again.”

Jam punched him knocking him back and down. “You were warned to back off.” He lay on the ground. Jam continued, “Miss Roberts felt threatened and feared that you intended to hurt her.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.