Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 30

We walked to our places at the head table to the left of King Marcus. I noticed that Angela was to the King’s right with Roger beside her. Serving began immediately.

Jam and I held hands while he quickly blessed meal. Then, we ate. It was, as always, great food. There was light conversation during the meal. At one point, King Marcus leaned toward me. “You know that as Maid of Honor, you will be expected to toast your friend after the meal?”

“Yes, Sire. It’s a duty in my country also. It just usually occurs after the wedding at the reception rather than the night before.” He smiled.

To Roger’s right was Anna and then Mason. I figured he had the same duty also. Jam and I made small talk with the people next to him and with the King. The meal finally ended. King Marcus stood and made a motion with one hand. Fluted glasses were brought in already half full of sparkling wine.

He said, “It is appropriate that we toast the Crown Prince and his Princess with Landers’ sparkling wine.”

I whispered to Jam. “I’m going to want that for our reception.” He nodded.

The King took a sip and nodded. The rest of us did. It was good and very smooth! He then continued. “I sent my son to the United States for three reasons. First, I wanted him to watch over his sister and her romance. The second reason was a hope that he would learn manners. And third, I hoped he would find a young woman suitable to be Queen of Landers. I knew he could do the first. I wasn’t sure about the second and had grave concerns about the third. He did all three. In the process, Landers had the opportunity to meet and know the young couple who have become the Duchess and Duke of Meuse. I will be proud to present the Duchess to the Duke in two weeks at their marriage in Georgia. Salute!” He held his glass and lightly clinked it with mine! We all drank.

Mason stood. “I have known Prince Roger for many years. We were roommates in college finding each other to be kindred spirits. Our fathers had known each other and remain good friends to this day.

“When Roger came to Georgia this time, he had developed an attitude. I had already decided that an employee of Dad’s company would be asked to escort him. I was out with Anna but I understand from later discussions that the meeting was memorable. The four of us spent a week touring Georgia and attending state dinners. I noticed my friend had changed. The young woman apparently noticed the change also and brought a roommate to our pool party for him to meet. They fell in love and Princess Angela is now by Roger’s side.

“I have come to know Princess Angela and can understand why Prince Roger loves her. They are a delightful couple. My friend is getting a splendid wife who will honor this country with her grace, intelligence, and beauty. Roger has truly come into his own and will be a fine husband, father and, eventually, King of Landers. I give you my friend, Crown Prince Roger of Landers.” We all toasted Roger and took a drink from our glasses.

It was my turn. I stood and smiled at Angela. ‘I’ve known Princess Angela, or Ange, since we started college. We were roommates and fellow team members on the college softball team. I have known her mental toughness, her intelligence, physical ability and natural beauty. She is what Americans call, ‘the complete package.’ After I could recognize Roger as human, I wanted them to meet.

“Ange was wearing a skimpy bikini for her. Even though she has considerable physical beauty, she is unused to baring skin. Though others had skimpier suits, Roger honed in on her and they began to talk. It worked out.

“Our local school system is losing a fine teacher and Landers will have a Queen of who it can truly be proud. I give you my friend Ange, Princess Angela of Landers.” I raised my glass to her and we all drank.

I sat down and noticed that the glasses were refilled.

I was trying to figure out what was next when Angela and Roger stood together. Angela spoke. “Roger and I both have come to know and love a marvelous young woman. She has always been a hero to me. She brought my husband to-be to his senses and introduced us. She and her fiance have been heroes in this country. Roger and I salute you both, Jar and Jam, Their Graces, the Duchess and Duke of Meuse!” They raised their glasses and everyone, even the King, stood and toasted us!

That ended the evening and we slowly dispersed to homes or suites. Jam and I came into my sitting area and I sat him down in a large easy chair. I sat in his lap and placed my head on his shoulder. We sat there quietly for a long while. Roger came in with Angela. They took possession of the love seat. Anna and Mason came in and took possession of the other easy chair. Unlike me or Angela, she had let her skirt ride up high on her thighs. She was noticeably exposed. From their position on that chair, my fiance was getting an eyeful. I looked long enough to verify that she was wearing a thong, at least! I kissed Jam and that took his mind off what his eyes had seen. We finally all went to our beds.

In the morning, I woke to a soft knock. I quietly said, “Come in.” The door opened and Jam was there carrying to two mugs of coffee. I smiled and he came to the bed. He bent forward and gave me a gentle kiss and then handed me a mug. I smiled and clinked his and drank a generous sip. It was hot but not too hot. I let the sheet fall exposing my thin sleep shirt which let him see my nipples through the fabric. He smiled.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.