Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

We were conveyed back to the company’s offices in the quiet, cool splendor of the limo. I knew the schedule. There was nothing on for tonight which suited me. We released the limo after the driver handed Prince Asshole his coat and tie. He looked surprised to have to handle them himself.

I looked at him. He looked at me like I should carry them. “Prince, carry them yourself or let them fall on the ground for someone to take home or to trash. I don’t think Anna or Mason will carry your clothes and I ‘know’ that I won’t.” I then said. “Unless you’re stupider than I think you are, dress more appropriately tomorrow. We’re going to a Braves game and it will be quite hot.”

I left him and went to my cubicle and checked messages. After a moment, Anna joined me. She asked, “Would you mind joining my brother when Mason and I go to dinner? I would appreciate it and Mason would, too.” She grinned. “Actually, Roger would, too, though he won’t admit it. He’s in awe of you.”

I sighed. “For you and Mason, I will go. Your brother is not my idea of even a marginal dinner partner though.”

Prince Asshole came around the corner having heard my statement. “Why not?”

I said, “Because you’re an asshole and an ill-mannered boor to top it off.”

I continued, “Apparently, your ‘royal’ training didn’t include any courses in even basic manners.” I looked over at him. “I have work to do, so be gone.” I looked back at the pile of message slips on my desk. I reviewed them and then made two calls handling the issues that needed attention quickly and easily.

Prince Asshole had seated himself in my lone guest chair while Anna went elsewhere.

I set the message slips on my desk and weighed them down. He said, “Miss Roberts, I would like to start over with you. I’m not used to being called down for my actions.”

I looked at him. “Prince Asshole, you can’t start over but you can start trying to prove by your actions that you’re civilized enough for polite society. I almost quit my job this morning over having to tolerate you and you have shown me that my initial thought was accurate. It will be up to you to demonstrate enough humanity to keep me dealing with you. Had I known how toxic you were, I would have given Mister Anderson my resignation. You’re still free to complain to him. Maybe I’ll get lucky and he will fire me for you.”

Mister Anderson rounded the corner at that moment. With his eyes twinkling, he said, “Not a chance. Jar, I know how Prince Roger is and hope you’ll set him straight.” He grinned.

I said, “Crap, Boss. That’s not what I at least half hoped to hear.”

Mister Anderson said, “I realize that. Mason said that you have gone beyond the basics with Prince Roger and even protected his sorry ass once.”

“Yes, Sir. In retrospect, I think I should have let the guy stomp his butt into the ground. Had he made his statement to me, I would have maimed him.”

Mister Anderson said, “I know.” He chuckled. “Have fun at dinner.” He left chuckling.

Prince Asshole said, “Obviously, I won’t get any support from Mason’s father and my father can’t be reached until Friday according to his bodyguards.”

I said, “That’s tough, Prince Asshole. Keep your mouth shut and stay out of trouble. The next time you decide to tell someone off, don’t lead with your jaw.” He sat there in my guest chair quietly while I made two more calls and responded to three emails. It was both comforting and distressing to know Mister Anderson’s attitude. I wasn’t going to be in trouble but also wasn’t going to rid of Prince Asshole easily.

I finished my paperwork and stood up. My cellphone rang and I answered Mason’s call to hear, “Hello, Jar. Are you ready to go?”

“As I’ll ever be. I have the brother with me.”

“Good. Meet us out front. We have another limo.”

“Okay. Bye.” I disconnected. “Let’s go.” We stood and left my area heading to the front.

We met Mason and Anna there. Mason grinned. “My father said that he talked to you.”

I grimaced. “Yes, he did.” I looked at Anna. “What am I supposed to do with your brother assuming I don’t throttle him?”

She grinned. “I think my father hopes you’ll straighten him out.”

‘I don’t have an eternity.”

Prince Asshole said, “There’s nothing wrong with me.”

I looked at him. “Nothing that beating your ass into the ground daily for a month wouldn’t help cure.” I grinned. “You’re just a walking, talking rectum. You need to get over yourself before you are inflicted upon your subjects.”

“You should be glad you’re not one of them.”

“Oh, I am. I am.” I laughed at him. I hated doing that but he was extraordinarily deserving of contempt.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.