Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 24

The next day was our last full day in Landers. We were in another television broadcast. This time, American news people were present though they were not allowed cameras.

Madame Fierro, the King’s personal secretary, told me that many cameras were distracting. Televised interviews were not frequent and the press in Landers had to be truthful plus was not allowed to engage in speculation.

Three more or less American news services had correspondents present, Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. The King went through what happened and the steps taken by the Royal Guard to prevent the terrorists from taking the lives of more people. He stated that, again, the Duchess and Duke of Meuse assisted in the defense of the castle grounds. He said, “We are glad to have our friends here and it is for that reason they have been made members of the royal family. The Duchess has spoken before and I invite her to speak again.”

Mentally, I cringed. I stepped forward with Jam beside me. I said, “Good afternoon, I am Joycelyn Roberts and this is my fiance, James Madison. We were in the garden helping the Royal Guard in repelling murdering Islamic terrorists.”

A woman from a French station asked, “What were your feelings when you were fired upon?”

“I was angered at the barbaric activities and thankful that my fiancee and I could assist the Royal Guard.”

The other shoe dropped. “MSNBC’s representative asked, “Do you believe the restrictive gun laws in Europe helped hold down the number killed?”

Jam took this one. “First, Ma’am, criminals and terrorists don’t obey laws. They seemed to have no problem obtaining plenty of automatic weapons and ammunition. We, of course, didn’t bring any weapons from our home but had pistols issued to us by the Royal Guard. Second, many citizens of Landers have weapons and were prepared to use them to help the Royal Guard who were terribly outnumbered.”

CNN’s representative said, “The alleged terrorists...”

Jam interrupted to say, “What about the actions were alleged? These animals invaded a peaceful country killing border guards to enter and tried to invade the home of the King using automatic weapons. There is nothing alleged about these acts. To suggest anything else is irresponsible and false journalism and attempting to incite further violence.”

The CNN representative was stunned to be rebuked so quickly and harshly. A Guard member came up next to him and took his arm. “Your Grace, we will take him into custody if Your Grace wishes to prefer charges.” The CNN representative paled.

Jam said, “Would you like to rephrase your statement to be factually correct?”

The CNN representative shook his head. Jam looked at the guard. “Take that man away. False and misleading news reporting has been responsible for too many deaths already in this week alone. Perhaps spending a few years in prison will bring about an understanding of the need to speak and ask questions truthfully and responsibly.” The CNN representative was hauled away with the guard maintaining a tight grip on him. I noticed that the MSNBC representative was pale under her makeup. No one questioned the right to do what was done.

There were a few more questions. The Fox news person asked, “Miss Roberts, the King referred to you two as betrothed. When is the wedding date?”

I said, “We return to our homes soon. Once there, we will talk with my fiance’s mother and with persons at our church to coordinate but probably in around thirty days.”

“Are you concerned about violence at your home?”

“No. People in Georgia have guns so terrorists and criminals go to places where guns aren’t allowed to commit their illegal acts in safety.”

“Here, I’m thankful for the Royal Guard and their dedication. The terrorists of the world have not had success in attempting to invade Landers even though those terrorists out numbered the Royal Guard and were better armed. Dedicated, faithful persons will always triumph over those who would take people’s lives by force in supposed support of a false view of their religion.”

It was quiet after that. I said, “Since there are no further questions, thank you for attending this conference. Report responsibly.”

Following King Marcus, we left the room. He had motioned for us to follow him and we did to stand in front of a jail cell. Inside the cell was the CNN guy. Jam said, “What will be the punishment upon conviction?”

Captain Maes had accompanied us. “Since he had a chance to recant and didn’t, he will be sentenced to prison for five to ten years and then banished.” He grinned fiendishly. “Our prison isn’t nearly as comfortable as this jail cell. I think he will probably live to regret his actions.” He grinned even more. “Your Grace probably doesn’t know that you are the judge and jury in this matter. Since no one has died yet as a result of his malicious statement that he maintained, prison time is available rather than a mandatory death sentence.”

The CNN guy wasn’t happy. He said, “Mister Madison, this is intolerable. I did nothing wrong and, as a member of the press, I may not be imprisoned.”

Jam said, “We’ll see. I declare you guilty of inciting to riot and doing so maliciously and without regard to citizens injured in the recent attack or those who might be injured or killed in any future attacks.” The CNN man was worried. “You are hereby sentenced to five years in prison. You will then be banished from Landers forever.”

King Marcus said, “As King of Landers, I am the only place for an appeal. The sentence is under automatic appeal. That appeal is hereby denied and the sentence is confirmed in all respects.”

The CNN man was now sitting in his cell weeping. I thought that he didn’t look as haughty as he had earlier. We left that area.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.