Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 17

The King came forward. “Not only is this a good place for honeymoons, it’s a good place for engagements. May I come to your wedding?”

I grinned. “Yes, Sire. There is one condition though.” He looked at me curiously. “My parents are deceased. You will have to give away the bride.”

He blinked and then nodded smiling. “My dear Jar, it will be my pleasure and privilege.”

I reached over and hugged the King who hugged me back. We kissed each other’s cheeks. I returned to Jam. He embraced me and kissed my lips taking his time. I helped.

When we came up for air, I said, “That only leaves a million details to be resolved.”

He grinned. “Yes, dear. We will do it. My parents will be overjoyed. We should call them before the news gets out too far.” I nodded.

Angela came up and hugged me. “Jar, I’m so happy for you.” Roger was shaking Jam’s hand.

Roger then spoke quietly. “We need to return to our quarters and dress for dinner. Jar, could I talk to you privately for a moment?”

“Sure, Roger.” I left Jam talking to Anna and Mason and the King. We stepped a few feet away from everyone. “What do you want, Roger?”

He gulped and said, “You and Angela are close friends?” He said it with a question in his voice.

“Yes, we were roommates in college and teammates playing softball.”

“She has never mentioned her parents. Is she, like you, the child of deceased parents?”

“No but they may as well be. I met them in our freshman year. They have totally disowned her. They were fundamentalists and Angela left their church and went to college. They wouldn’t have anything to do with her through college and that continues to this day. It troubles her but she’s a sweet girl with a solid faith who is doing well as a school teacher. Why?”

“I want to ask her to marry me.” He smirked. “Here, she will eventually be queen.”

“That would be wonderful. When will you ask her?”

“Tonight, at dinner.”

Angela and Jam walked up. Jam said, “Jar, what are you plotting?”

“You’ll find out, my duke.”

The four of us headed toward our suites of rooms. Once there, Angela and I went to our bedrooms to dress. Jam headed to his room and Roger left for his room. A moment later, Angela came into my bedroom. “Jar, what’s going on?”

“Ange, trust me. It’s okay. Roger just wanted to give me some procedure for this evening.” I paused. “How do you feel toward Roger?”

“He’s great. I know if I got serious and married him, we would have to stay and live here. Jar, I want you to be my maid or matron of honor.”

I grinned. “That’s your position for me, Ange.”

We hugged. I said, “However, we need to get dressed. Fancy is what the men are expecting.”

She smiled at me. “All eyes will be on you, the new Duchess of Meuse. You and Jam are heroes here.”

“I know one pair of eyes that will be on you, Ange. Roger will watch your every move. He has been doing that since you two met.” I grinned. “And that was even with Mo trying to get him to look her way. Be confident. He thinks you’re very special.”

She blushed. I said, “Ange, go, get dressed and dress sharp. Roger will appreciate it.” She left.

I took a quick shower and then dressed. I fixed my hair and put on my little bit of makeup. I was ready and went out to the sitting area.

I sat down on a love seat and prayed for Angela and Roger. Then, I prayed for Anna and Mason. Finally, I prayed for Jam and for our relationship. I was sitting composed when there was a soft knock on the door. I went to the door and opened it.

Roger, Mason, and Jam were there. I waved them inside. Roger and Mason entered and sat down. Jam stopped just inside the door and kissed me holding me close. We released each other smiling and went to sit on the love seat where I had been. There, the four of us waited for Angela.

She opened the door and came out saying, “Jar, is this okay?”

Roger saw her and scrambled to his feet. His eyes widened as he looked at her. “Angela, you are completely okay. You look lovely. I will be proud to have you by my side.”

She looked great. It was a hot look though she still looked like a lady but you could tell there was a passionate woman wearing that dress!

I looked at Angela. “Ange, I told you so.” I grinned.

She grinned back. “I’m glad you were right.”

Roger motioned toward the door. “It’s time we were leaving.”

We came outside and Captain Maes was waiting to give me his arm. I smiled at him. “I’m an engaged woman now. I want to walk with my fiance. Thank you.”

The three of us walked down the hall. I held Jam’s hand. When we came to the door, the Captain opened it and stepped inside. He announced, “Their Graces, the Duchess and Duke of Meuse, Joycelyn and James.” We stepped inside to join those in the room.

Next, he announced, “Princess Anna and Mister Mason Anderson.” They stepped in and joined the throng.

Last, he announced, “Miss Angela Morris and His Highness, Roger, Crown Prince of Landers. They stepped inside and Angela looked regal as she stood beside Roger. They stepped in as a buzz started. The words I heard were that she was introduced first! That just wasn’t done. She must be very important.

I decided not to comment. I looked at Jam and he had his lawyer face showing that revealed nothing though I could tell that he sensed the issue as well as I had. The question in my mind was, “What did it mean?”

I decided that I would find out soon enough. A few minutes later, everyone was seated. Roger stood and said, “We’ve had one happy event today. I’ve waited long enough. Angela,” he went to one knee, “would you marry me and be my queen?”

Angela smiled and pulled him up beside her and loudly said, “Yes, my prince.” They kissed, taking their time about it. The first two to stand were the King and Anna. That put the royal seal on the engagement.

We stood with the rest and I leaned against Jam. “Jam, I’m so happy for her. She’s a good person who has had a tough life. She’s now found love. I haven’t done badly either.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.