Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 14

It was a bit after lunchtime but we were shown into a small dining room and fed a delicious lunch. Angela, Jam, and I were the only ones to pray a blessing.

I did notice that the rest did bow their heads. As we ate, Roger and Anna said, “Why don’t we use this afternoon to explore the castle and grounds. We have a dinner tonight so leaving the grounds probably is not a good idea.”

We toured the inside of the castle including looking over our rooms which were, like the rest of the place, palatial. I’m not sure what else I would expect but it was all deluxe. After that, we went out the back to tour the grounds.

They were splendid. I was running out of superlatives. I shared that with Jam and he chuckled. He said, “If we’re going to stay at a castle, it should be like that.”

I enjoyed the grounds though they were very much tamed and, of course, smaller than my parents’ place. It was gorgeous. We came back and it was time to dress. I shared a suite with Angela. We each had a bedroom opening into a sitting area with separate bathrooms. It was sybaritic.

I lay on the bed just feeling its softness for about ten minutes. Angela came in. “Jar, what am I going to do?”

“About what, Ange?” I knew she was talking about Roger but I wanted to buy time.

“Roger.”

“Why don’t you talk to me about him and your feelings and see if that helps any?”

“I like him. He’s been unfailingly polite and kind to me. He says he learned how to treat women from you. I don’t know enough about him. If he were an American guy, I would be willing to look at romance. He’s not. I don’t know how guys over here think.”

I smiled. “I don’t think he’s sure how he thinks either. After all, it was Thursday before I told you about last Saturday. I’ve known about Saturday’s activities since that Monday. It was Wednesday before he quit being Prince Asshole in my mind. He is evolving. With some more teaching and a little prayer, he may become a good man. Then, he will be worthy of my friend. I invited you and Mo for Saturday. If he had gone for Mo, then I would have an answer to your issue. He went for you. That showed that his judgment had improved substantially in a very short time.”

I shrugged. “Be yourself. You’re good at doing that. You are lovely, sharp, and worthy of a good man. The other type isn’t attracted to you because you don’t give off vibes like Mo does or even like I do. I think Roger is developing. I like his father. He reminds me of my dad.

“You becoming romantic with a guy who reminds me of my father is not a bad thing. Roger will have to learn and accommodate your morals and beliefs. I don’t think he has ever had any to amount to anything. Be patient but careful.”

“Okay, Jar. You’ve always given sound advice.” She grinned. “What are going to do about Jam?”

I smiled. “The same thing. I’m going to let things develop. He does share faith but he’s a lawyer and I’m not sure about that type. He’s smart and decorative but will he continue to be a gentleman?”

“I guess we both will have to be patient.” I nodded.

“What are you wearing?”

“My little blue dress. Jam hasn’t seen it before.”

“I’m wearing my red dress. I think Roger will like it.”

“He will.”

She left and I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I dried off and applied perfume and then dressed. I came out to sit ten minutes before time to meet the others.

A moment or two later, Angela came out to sit with me, ready to go. We sat together, me on a love seat and she in an easy chair. A few minutes later, there was a quiet knock on the door. I said, “Come in.”

It was Jam. “Thank you.” He was dressed in a dark suit with a pale shirt and a tie that brought both colors together as a whole. He looked nice. He sat down next to me on the love seat. “Jar, you are gorgeous.” He smiled. “You, too, Angela. Do we wait for something to happen or for someone to get us? Mason has already left for Anna.”

At that moment, there was a knock at the open door. Roger came into the room. “I’m here to get the three of you.” He smiled. “Really, I hoped you, Jar, and Jam would be here but I’m here for Angela.” He walked to Angela who had stood. He took her hand and leaned gently forward to kiss her lips. “My lady, will you come with me?”

At that moment, we heard shooting. I hissed, “Jam, close the door!” They all looked at me. I took charge. “Guys, remove your coats and ties. Angela, change into slacks and sneakers. We meet here in under a minute. Guys, also look out windows and be ready to report.”

I dashed into my room, stripped off my dress and pulled my slacks and blouse back on with sneakers on my feet. Back in the sitting area, I said, “Guys, what can you see outside?”

There had been more shooting while I changed. Angela came into the room.

Without looking away from the view outside, Jam said, “I see some people in dark gray uniforms running though most of them were shot as they got close to the center of the castle.”

“They are our security force. There were also some of them inside.” Roger told us.

Jam said, “Okay. Roger do you know martial arts or guns?”

He shook his head. “I’ve only shot a rifle or a pistol for some target practice.

Angela said, “I know martial arts though I’m rusty.”

I said, “I know both.”

Jam said, “Jar, you’re with me. Roger, you and Angela stay together and back a distance. If you see some of your security force, Roger, try to keep them from shooting Jar or me.” He looked at me and said, “Let’s go, Jar.” I nodded. We left the room carefully though quickly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.