Royally Never After - Cover

Royally Never After

Copyright© 2019 by radio_guy

Chapter 11

We walked into the pool. I noticed Mo was on a lounge while Angela was in the water with Roger. I thought that promising. Once in the pool, Angela came up to me while holding Roger’s hand. I thought that very promising.

“Jar, I’m taking Roger to church tomorrow. We’ll see you there.”

I smiled. “That will work. Jam will meet me there.” We weren’t holding hands but he was standing close.

Angela looked at him. “That’s good. He looks like he needs religion.” She smirked.

“Yes. It will be good for him. He also likes dark beer.”

She made an “oh” with her lips. I surface dived and then swam a few laps. Jam kept up with me and I wasn’t taking it easy. We got out and went to where my stuff was located. He said, “Jar, why don’t you move your stuff over where Mason and Anna are sitting? My stuff is there and there’s room for you.” I smiled and nodded. There wasn’t much to carry but he helped.

We lay in the sun and the four of us talked. Jam was easy to talk to and Anna seemed to like him. It quickly, to me, became time for lunch. Lunch was a cookout with hamburgers, Cole slaw, potato salad, and pickles. The food was great. The four of us were joined by Roger and Angela and then by Mo and a young man named Chuck. He was okay and gave Mo a focus for her body. I knew that was something she wanted.

I was happily surprised at Roger and Angela. I had hoped for that but was afraid Mo might interest his lust more than Angela might his mind. That’s not to say that Angela had a poor body. She was almost as tall as me and a bit slimmer with light brown hair. It’s just that she didn’t wear revealing clothing. Her bikini was modestly cut as much as a bikini can be cut modestly.

The eight of us filled plates and had a table. We enjoyed our meal. Jam got the two of us more beer in mugs. Roger even got Angela her lemonade though had grabbed a beer for himself. He looked at us and asked, “How did you get the mugs?”

I looked at Jam. He said, “I got to know Josh, the bartender. He offered them to me when I asked for dark beer.”

Roger said, “I didn’t know you knew the bartender.”

Jam responded. “I didn’t but took the time to get to know him. He’s a friend now and is a really good guy.”

Of the eight of us, Mo and Chuck were the quietest. Anna, Angela, and I were perhaps the noisiest. Anna already had a connection with Angela and I was friends with both. Our guys, and I use that term loosely, were talking among themselves and with us. Mo and Chuck joined in when they wanted to join in the conversation.

It was a fun group and I was glad it was working. My thinking for tomorrow was to decline the opportunity to visit Landers. I thought that Roger was quickly becoming enamored with Angela and she with him. I was interested in Jam so it all was working out.

After a while, Jam and I took our refilled beer mugs and sat in some shade. I was wearing clothes again. He said, “Mason said that you might be traveling to Landers next week.”

“I have been offered the opportunity but put off a decision until tomorrow afternoon.”

“Would it affect your decision to know that I have been offered a chance to go also?”

“It would if you are going.” I looked at him very directly. “I want to see more of you. Being where you are will help make that possible.’

“Mason had asked me. I don’t know if he planned for me to be your escort there but that’s the only reason I would go. Jar, I very much want to get to know you. I think it would be a pleasant experience as today has been.”

“Jam, meeting you was unexpected but it’s working well. Let’s plan to go. We can meet in the morning and pray during the service for a safe and enjoyable trip as we get to know each other.” I grinned. “Besides, Angela is a much better match for Roger. I never was.”

He smiled back. “Somehow, I don’t see you leaving to be a queen anywhere.”

“That’s true. I have fifty acres southeast of here that was my parents’ place. It’s wooded with a pond. I fish and hunt it. I don’t think Landers would offer me the same experience. I love that place, Jam.”

“It sounds delightful, Jar. I would like to be invited there some day.”

I smiled. “I think that’s likely.”

He smiled back. “Jar, I would like to accompany you anywhere you will permit. My day has been delightful. I think there is much we share. You know that we’re invited to stay for supper and into the evening?”

“Yes, I was assured that it would be casual because this is all I’ve got.”

“Jar, what you’ve got is fabulous.” His grin turned serious but friendly. “Jar, this is turning romantic quickly but I feel I’ve known you for years and that’s good.”

He reached for my hand and I met him half way. “I agree, Jam. It’s scary but good scary. I am comfortable with you and more than willing to let things develop. I think we might wind up in a very good place.”

His smile became bigger. “I think that’s true and look forward to the journey.”

We sat quietly for many minutes.

Mo came up. “Jar, I’m leaving with Chuck. We’re going to the apartment and talk.”

“Okay, Mo. See you later.” She left.

Jam said, “Her name is Mo?”

‘It’s short for her real first name, Moira. She doesn’t use it much either.” Jam nodded.

The six of us lay out enjoying the group’s company. I was particularly enjoying Jam’s presence. It was a warm time. I think all three couples of us were enjoying the presence of our partners.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.