The Catalyst - Cover

The Catalyst

Copyright© 2018 by 2Ber Hero

Chapter 40: The Show: Part 1

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 40: The Show: Part 1 - Charlie finds his "soulmate", falls in love and soon finds himself embroiled in "self-discovery". He and his friends/lovers begin learning about love, life and. things they never thought possible! This story is a "What if it could really happen" fantasy/romance/action-adventure, of learning and dealing with newfound abilities.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Superhero   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Paranormal   Sharing   Incest   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Swinging   Cream Pie   Double Penetration   Enema   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Safe Sex   Squirting   Voyeurism  

July 3, 1985

[I was starting to get a little nervous.]

Gracie was going to be standing next to Jim, dressed in her State Trooper uniform. Sherry was here, planning to sit next to the family. She and Jim had talked for a few minutes privately. Andie had flashed me, wanting to know what she should say. I told her to be as honest as she could, but stick to the Angels as the ones who healed her and Cathy. I told her if she was asked a question that I didn’t want her to answer I would tell her. She seemed relieved that I was going to be there for her and Cathy.

Bob, Dad and the rest of our family were going to be dispersed throughout the crowd. One of Dad’s ideas was to see if any of us could find a reporter from one of the major news outlets that we felt might be sympathetic to our cause.

Seeing the way everyone was jockeying for position, made me think that most of them were somewhat cut throat and that the story would probably only reflect their feelings as opposed to the truth.

Dad flashed that the family would be coming out in just a few more minutes.

I noticed a very short, redheaded lady who appeared to be in her mid-30s, hustling from her car to get here. She was wearing a press badge stating she worked with the Chicago Tribune. She seemed frustrated that because of her height, she would have a difficult time even seeing the stage, let alone getting close enough to ask any questions. For a reporter, she didn’t seem very aggressive.

I couldn’t help but chuckle, seeing her frustration.

She looked at me, “Aaargh, I tried to tell my boss I should have left an hour ago! I had a feeling they were coming here. When I was just starting at the Tribune, I did a story about Cathy, that little redhead up there and how her father had killed her grandmother and tried to kill her mom. As soon as all my colleagues lost the family, trying to follow them, I just looked up my old story and discovered I had the address of the people that the girls had stayed with while Mr Adams and Joni, Cathy’s mom were up in Madison at the hospital. Mr Adams is a true hero! He gave Joni nearly 3 pints of blood and Joni wasn’t even his wife at the time!”

“Wow! I just recently heard about that.” I whispered, “AJ’s very protective of his two little girls.”

Her eyes went wide, “You know the family? Do you think you could arrange a private interview for me?”

I chuckled again, “I don’t know how much pull I’ll have. You notice I’M stuck way back here with you.”

She looked at me with a resigned grin, “Sorry for being pushy, a girl can hope can’t she? Oh, by the way, I’m Sarah Reynolds, nice to meet you Mister... “ Offering her hand.

“I’m Charlie, friend of the family, and one of the girls’ biggest fans!” I shook her hand. What I instantly saw in her soul, told me she was the one that Dad wanted us to find!

“Biggest fan? What are they, like young rock stars?”

“You’re supposed to be the special interest reporter! I teased, “You’ve never heard of the best 4-handed pianists in the state?”

She paused for a few seconds. “Ohhh, were they in that jazz band that took the highest honors at this year’s State High School Jazz Fest? There were rumors that two Junior High students played a 4-handed piano that was amazing. They carried the entire band.”

“Yes ma’am, that’s them. Andie and Cathy, the best I’VE ever heard!”

“I’m sorry I missed that. The Tribune had me on a different assignment. Are they really that good? I’d LOVE to hear them sometime.”

I smirked, “They’re like ‘child prodigy’ good! Can you keep a secret?”

I looked into her eyes as she said, giggling, “You mean from all THESE piranhas? Yes. Just remember, I’m usually the one ‘TELLING’ peoples secrets, not KEEPING THEM.”

“I’ll tell you where they’ll be tomorrow night, if you’ll promise not to say anything to anyone else in the media about it. Also, promise you won’t interrogate them there.”

“Interrogate!? She spat, “You obviously haven’t read any of MY stories, HAVE YOU!” She was almost in tears. “I’m sorry, but anyone who would interrogate two sweet young girls like you’re suggesting, should have their balls cut off!”

She was on a roll.

“I really only wanted to have them tell me what they were FEELING when they were being healed. I just wanted it in their own words.”

She began sniffing. “I don’t even know if I could ask them to DO that in front of all these people. It had to be a very intimate experience for them. I should probably just go.”

I was taken by her sensitivity, as she started walking away dejectedly. While I initially meant it as a joke, I realized it had been tactless of me. When I touched her earlier, I KNEW she was an honest woman of deep and sincere feelings.

“Sarah! Sarah, please don’t go.” I pleaded, but she just kept slowly walking away.

I ran and lightly put my hand on her shoulder. She was still looking away from me.

“I’m sorry. It was totally insensitive of me to suggest you might do that. Look, let me try and make it up to you. I had no idea how you felt or what you wanted to ask them. You’re right in how you felt, too. This ISN’T the time or place to ask that question. I CAN get you a face to face meeting with them. It can be private, so maybe they’ll open up to you.”

She turned to me, with eyes, still wet from crying, “You really mean that?” She asked softly.

“Yes. Please come back with me? I DON’T want to stand back here all by myself. Besides, maybe somebody will ask a good question or two?”

Wiping her eyes on a tissue, she tried to smirk, “Not likely. But I WILL keep you company. I would like to hear what kinds of questions ARE asked. I have a feeling no one wants to believe something like a ‘miracle’ could actually happen. I hope the girls have someone with them to limit the STUPID questions.”

We wiggled our way forward, as far as we could, positioning Sarah on a tree stump, so she could at least see. There had to be close to 100 people there, counting camera crews. Most of them had press badges.

Jim turned on the PA and began. “If I may have your attention please! The family has graciously consented to answer some if not all of your questions. This is how it’s going to work, though.

“We’re going to use the 3 strikes and it’s over rule. In order that you police yourselves, after the third rude or argumentative question, this news conference will IMMEDIATELY end. This is NOT going to turn into an inquisition. Have I made myself clear on this?”

“Who’s the judge on that?” Asked one reporter.

“Miss Sherry Smith, the family’s lawyer or myself. Oh yes, and PLEASE refrain from asking questions that have already been covered in her statement at the hospital earlier today. Thank you.” Jim answered.

I could see many of the better reporters reading her statement. Jim started in front and said he would go right to left, front to back.

The Channel 7 reporter. “Are you sure no one else was in the room when you said the Angels were there?”

Andie said, “Well, I couldn’t see much, because of the thing on my neck. I didn’t see or hear anyone else.”

The National Inquirer, “How can you be sure it wasn’t aliens from another universe that cured you?”

Both girls looked at each other and giggled. Sherry took the lead, “Come on, what kind of question is that?” She grinned at Jim, “Beam us the next question Scotty, er Jim!”

Everyone was laughing. One reporter huffed, “I thought it was a good question...”

Jim heard him, “Okay, then we’ll skip you ... next?”

Channel 2 News, “Are you planning on suing the hospital for not believing the girls’ story?”

Sherry answered, “No, of course not. We only threatened that when they wouldn’t release the girls even after THEY admitted the girls had been fully healed.”

An Evangelical News reporter, “This is for either girl, how are you qualified to assert the presence of either Angels or Miracles?”

I chuckled and flashed Cathy, who giggled, “Because we were there?”

Laughter broke out again, frustrating the reporter.

Sarah looked at me and sighed, “What an ass! Why can’t people just believe? He had that coming.”

An unknown reporter, “If you can’t prove this was a miracle, you’re just wasting our time!”

“Bzzzt, that’s one. Next” Jim shouted into the mic.”

The guy from Channel 5 was cussing at the moron when Jim told him to ask his question, “I’m sorry ladies, but, it’s hard for most of us to believe in miracles, at least until the Cubs can ever win the World Series.” He was grinning at the chuckles he got, “Do YOU believe it was a Miracle?”

Andie saw me and smiled, “Yes! Both Cathy and I do. So do Mom and Dad. One minute I was unable to move and a few minutes later I was fine! I’m sorry if I’m not qualified to say that. But what else could it be?”

“A fucking conspiracy! You’ve duped everybody! You were never even hurt!” Some unknown jerk shouted, storming menacingly toward the stage.

Jim immediately told his guys to restrain him as he started moving toward the girls.

Suddenly, the guy had disarmed the trooper and took his weapon. Just as he pointed it toward the family I snatched it out of his hand, causing it to go off, just missing Jim. Bob picked him up about 30 feet in the air, as I jerked his pants off.

The gasps of the entire crowd turned to deafening silence. EVERYONE was staring at the guy suspended in midair, pants around his ankles and screaming to be let down.

Sarah gasped, “Oh ... my ... GOD. It’s that ‘Invisible Man’! He’s REAL and he’s HERE. Oh my God!”

Several voices were heard, “Tell me you’re getting this!” “This is unbelievable!”

Jim seized the moment. “Hi Jonah! Thanks for helping us again!

(He was looking up at the screaming asshole, who looked suspiciously like a bald guy smoking a big cigar.)

Would you mind putting him down over here, where my troopers can put some cuffs on him? And give me that gun?”

There was nothing but gasps and stunned silence as every eye was on the miscreant and/or the gun.

I floated the gun over to Jim as Bob roughly dropped the guy the last 10 feet between two waiting troopers. The guy was yelling that he broke his ankle, while two troopers were cuffing him.

“Police brutality, I want my lawyer,” He shouted.

The Channel 5 guy had regained his composure, “Uh, dude, the cops didn’t touch you, other than to put you in cuffs. You’ve got a hundred witnesses to that.”

Jim chuckled, looking around in the air. “Jonah, nice to know you’re here, what are you doing here?”

I picked up both girls, chairs and all and floated them about 5 feet high, being careful not to hit their heads on the ceiling of the porch. The girls were giggling. As soon as all cameras were on them, I gently set them back down.

Jim was looking at them, “Oh, you were here to protect them?” His shoulder moved once, as he was looking and pointing at the family.

The crowd was suddenly all shouting questions. Jim held his hand up, “Please, everybody quiet down a minute.”

The Channel 2 guy asked, “Major Gregory, can you actually communicate with this, this... ‘Invisible Jonah’ guy?”

With hands still up, Jim said, “Yes and no. “Jonah’, the ‘Invisible Man’ can’t talk. He apparently CAN move and manipulate things. When he pushes me on my shoulder once, he’s saying yes, twice is a no. It took quite some time to figure that out.”

The same reporter asked, “So, since we saw your shoulder move once, he confirmed he was here to protect the girls?”

Grinning, Jim said, “Yes! You learn fast!”

“Was HE the one who cured the girls?”

I pushed the reporter’s shoulder twice.

“Who poked me?” He looked at the guys around him, who were all shaking their heads. “WHO poked me!” Suddenly I picked him up about 8 feet. “Whoa, whoa, oh shit! Um, please put me down?”

I set him down, nice and gentle, patting him on the shoulder, like a dad would his son.

“Tha, Thanks, so, since you poked me twice, that’s a no? You didn’t cure the girls. Is that what you meant?” I poked him, more gently, just once. With a nervous smile, he looked around, “Ok, you didn’t cure the girls. Did you SEE who cured them?” I poked him once. “You DID! Who was it?”

He was waiting for a poke, looking around, wondering why he didn’t get one.

Jim chuckled, “Um, I’m afraid he can only answer yes and no questions. He’s a man of few words!”

I flashed Gracie to have Jim call on the lady to my right. She whispered in his ear. Sarah had her hand up, waving frantically.

“Yes, miss, yes, you with the red hair.” He was pointing at Sarah as I stepped away, staying out of camera view.

I managed to catch her camera, as it slipped off her shoulder.

“Um, Mr Jonah, was it Angels? Just like the girls have said?”

I poked her shoulder once. She exclaimed, “He said yes! He said YES!”

Jim said, “Miss? Would you come up here please?”

Sarah was looking at the mass of people in her way, and put up her hands up in frustration.

I picked her up. She squealed, but began smiling and looking around as I transported her to the podium, setting her down next to Jim.

Smiling, Jim asked, “What’s your name Miss? I see you work for the Tribune.”

“Um, oh my, I’m sorry, I’m Sarah Reynolds. What did you want ME for?”

“I wanted you, because you asked the best question of the night! AND it appears Jonah has taken quite a shine to you.”

“Is that his name, Jonah?” Sarah asked, looking around the sky.

Jim chuckled, “Yes. You can’t believe how long it took for him to tell me that. He finally typed it on my typewriter. Would you like to ask the girls a question? I have a feeling it would be a good one.”

Sarah shot me a panicked look. I was shaking my head, just enough for her to see.

Blushing, she said, “No, no, I just realized my question was very personal, and not something they might want to answer in front of so many people. Maybe some other time. I’m sorry.” Sarah was looking at the girls with a soft, reassuring smile.

Both Andie and Cathy ran over and gave Sarah a hug, Andie whispered to her, “We’ll tell you what you want to know. Thank you for not making us do it now.” Sarah hugged them both, then turned back to the podium with watery eyes. Sarah found me with those eyes, and managed a smile.

The masses were growing impatient, “Major Gregory, can we ask the ‘Invisible Man’ some questions? This is big news!”

Jim smiled. “Does anyone have anything more questions for the girls or their parents?”

Silence. Not one response.

They were all chanting, “‘Invisible Man’, ‘Invisible Man’”.

Jim smirked at me, then said, “Well, I don’t want to keep this family tied up any longer. Jonah, will you answer some more questions?”

I shoved Jim’s shoulder twice, fairly hard. “I’m sorry folks, Jonah doesn’t want to answer any more questions right now.”

Channel 5’s reporter was livid. “What do you mean, not now! The public has a right to know!”

I picked him up about 20 feet, “Sorry, sorry, put me down! Major, make him put me down!”

Jim chuckled, “I can ASK him, but he doesn’t always do everything I ask. I fear you’ve angered him!”

The crowd was gasping and pointing as I flew him around slowly.

“Jonah, I think you’ve made your point, let’s put the poor man down, I think he understands now.” He was looking directly at the now terrified reporter, as if Jonah was just above him.

I set him down, though not very gently, just to make my point.

Jim said, “Jonah, would you be willing to give these nice folks an interview on Friday, at say 11:00 in the morning, in front of the State Police barracks in Elgin?”

I nudged him once, gently, but enough for everyone to see. I pulled a piece of chalk from my pocket and tossed it on the ground, unnoticed. I mentally picked it up and floated it over to Jim. Most people saw it once it got past the front of the crowd.

“Oh, okay, I see, you want me to have a chalkboard set up, so you can give better answers?”

I pushed him once more.

“Well, folks, I guess we’ll have to continue this interview on Friday morning at 11 o’clock in front of the State Police barracks, on route 31 in Elgin. That is unless any of you want to yell at the ‘Invisible Man’ some more?”

Not one peep, as everyone was looking at the Channel 5 guy, or looking around the sky.

“I believe you all know where our barracks is. It’ll all work out for the best this way. We’ll have chairs and a stage set up so everyone will be more comfortable. Jonah, ‘The Invisible Man’, might be able to provide better answers by writing on a chalkboard that we’ll have available. Now, if you don’t mind, let’s leave this family alone and reconvene Friday morning. Thank you all for understanding.”

Everyone was scrambling to pick up their equipment and get back to their respective newsrooms.

I flashed Gracie to see if Jim wanted me to do anything else.

She asked him, then she flashed, that I should just stick around, since the crowd was leaving rapidly. She said that after everyone left we would talk. I flashed Mary, who had joined Jim by the podium, telling her that I really wanted to talk to Sarah some more, before she left.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.