CHARLES, CLAIRE & KALISTA - Cover

CHARLES, CLAIRE & KALISTA

 

Chapter 78

I gave Delilah a nice tip, down into her mountainous cleavage. Michael gave me a high five. I got a look from both Rose and Kallie.

“I didn’t get any silverware,” Annette said.

Michael explained, “You eat it with your hands. When you are done, wash your hands in the goblet of water and dry them off with the large napkin you got.”

Smart as a whip!

They didn’t do the scarf and climbing bit from before. It must have gotten the insurers of the show’s panties in a bunch.

Mordred came in, the dialogue and action from before seemed the same as before as Mordred is dispatched and vanquished. There is a roar from the knights, and the audience echoed their satisfaction for the performance.

The show was over, and our table had been cleared. It was still the best show of its kind in Vegas. We were led out of the walkway we were scurried to earlier.

Upon being in the open, I saw a vision. I pulled Michael down on a knee, as I said, “Fairest Katherine, thy countenance is still without equal. I am your humble servant Charles, and this is my scion, Michael!”

Her laugh was as wonderful as I remembered it. “Get up, let me hug you,” she said. We both did and shook Daniel’s hand.

“Your daughter waited on us tonight. A second-generation Wench,” I said.

“I heard about Claire. I am so sorry for that, but I see you still have gorgeous redheads around you just as you did twenty years ago.”

I introduced them all to Katherine and Daniel Majors. When I got to Rose, I was cut off by Daniel, “Ooh, Rose, you are the spitting image of your mother. And she was so very beautiful.”

Rose smiled and did an old-fashioned dip curtsy to them. Good girl!

“Charles,” Daniel cut in, “We have tickets to see you perform later this week. In Henderson.”

“Wonderful. Can’t wait to see you. Is Alyssa your only child?”

“Actually, we have three girls, Alyssa 20, Maria 17 and Charlotta 12 years old,” Daniel answered.

“Each as lovely as their mother, I assume?”

“Exactly correct,” Daniel said. “Wonderful to see you again. We need to get home and relieve the babysitter.”

“Great,” I answered. “See you in a couple of days.”


The crowd in Henderson seemed lively. They loved us, especially Rose and Kalista now that we have added the disco number. Maria and Charlotta were as lovely as their mother. Daniel has a job on his hands keeping the rogues from the three of them.


It was announced over the sports networks that Denver had been awarded the 2038 Winter Olympics. We were all excited about that. We would be through with the tour, and we had wanted to take them, but the IOC got busy, first awarding the 2028 to Los Angeles, then turned around awarding Denver another chance to make a shitload of money.

As we got on the way to St. George, Utah, I gave the ladies a quick explanation about flaunting their sexuality too much while in Utah. They don’t usually wear provocative clothing, but I felt it was necessary, considering how beautiful and curvaceous they are. Even Annie at 17, has lately been sprouting a well-shaped ‘upper body,’ which Michael has noticed. I hadn’t realized how well rounded she had gotten until we collectively saw her ‘riding’ my son. She must be a full B-Cup by now.

It took me back to the day Claire and Kalista had come home; with Kalista yelling, ‘I’m a B cup ... I’m a B cup.’ All the while I was resting in the spa with my future mother-in-law, using her formidable bosom as my pillow.

Bringing that up invariably brings up many memories of Sarah. I still dream about her often, all of those times she and I were alone, and we flirted so much. The flirting turned into stolen kisses. The kissing, turning into full-on sex between us.

Now I have Kalista as my wife, Rose as my courtesan and Sammi as my lady-in-waiting. I am not sure where that leaves Lily, at thirty years old, although she is, at minimum, a redhead-in-waiting.

We were well received in Saint George, with many young men and women enjoying our routines.

Back when we began our first tour, the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was Thomas S. Monson.

Since then, half of the General Authorities of the church has passed on and the current president is now President Ulisses Soares, the first South American born person to become the 17th President of the LDS church.

We heard he and his family would be at our American Fork, Utah night of dancing. I almost thought to revamp our set list to be more conservative, but it was Michael, who told me that ‘To dance with the girl we came with.’

He often comes through with moments that inspire me.


From St. George, we went on to Beaver, Nephi, and Spanish Fork before American Fork.

That evening was quite the event. It started on time and we ended our first act, with our beloved routine, to “I Don’t Need Anything but You” which ended with Annie and me. They stood; they cheered, and they cried as we left for that backstage area.

“Dad,” Michael asked, “Let me run the second act, please?”

“Sure, son. Sounds great!”

Eight minutes later, he went out and said, “Hello everyone, my name is Michael Newman. I am Charles’ son!”

That got him some applause and some girls making noise for him. He moved along introducing the first number of the second act, “Cell Block Tango” featuring all three ladies.

The lights came up, and all you saw were three beautiful behinds swaying together with Annette in the middle. The hall went quiet as this routine went on. Recently, they ‘adjusted’ this routine to add some shoulder dips. As it went on, I was watching, and the crowd looked different from most.

There is a point when they remove their skirts revealing a swimsuit cut of panties. When the numbered ended, there were only a few hands applauding, including the President and his family, to which everyone else added their own cheers as Michael came out and said, “Wasn’t that something?”

He went on to introduce each number of the second act and finishing with the usual final numbers.

When our finale “Hallelujah” started, (The Jennifer Hudson, Tori Kelly version), everyone stood up and watched us dance to very humbling lyrics:

I have heard there

was a secret chord
That David played

and it pleased the Lord
But you don’t really

care for music, do you?


And it goes like this,

the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king

composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

(Most of our audience knew this

and sang with it while we danced!)

Your faith was strong,

but you needed proof
You saw her bathing

on the roof
Her beauty in the

moonlight overthrew you


And she tied you

to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne,

and she cuts your hair
And from your lips

she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best,

it wasn’t much
I couldn’t feel,

so I tried to touch
I have told the truth,

I didn’t come to fool you


And even though

it all went wrong
I’ll stand before

the Lord of Song
With nothing on

my tongue but Hallelujah


Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah


Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelu~
Hallelu-u-u-u-jah

Still standing, the crowd broke into a mighty sound that may just reach up to where the people we have lost, reside.


Despite Michael’s best attempts to contemporize the music we used, the crowds still liked our dancing, but there were lots of comments on our blog about changing from the ‘old stand-bys’ to the ‘junk’ being put out these days.

Michael took it in stride, and we went back to the style of music we had been using for the last twenty years.

Fortunately, iTunes kept the bulk of our era’s music and we did occasionally add-in something new sounding. Michael and Anne, on the QT, choreographed a marvelous routine to the song, “A Heart Full of Love” from LES MISÉRABLES. It was beautiful.

We finished up in Utah, and went on to Colorado, starting with Fort Collins and moving south to Loveland, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, Thornton, and Denver.

When not traveling every day, we would stop and work on a new set of music from the movies. This set would include:

Kalista and I – “Put On a Happy Face”

Michael and Annie – “A Heart Full of Love”

Rose and I – “Hey There”

Me and Michael – “Those Were the Days”

Me, Rose and Kallie – “Chim Chim Cher-ee”

Kallie and I – “Charade”

All of Us – “Razzle Dazzle”

Rose and I – “I Got Lost in His Arms”

Michael and his mother – “No One is Alone”

All the Ladies – “When You Got It, Flaunt It”

Me and Rose – “My Girl Back Home”

Michael and I – “Very Soft Shoes”

Annie and Michael – “Love Will Find a Way”

Rose, Kallie and I – “Start of Something New”

We worked on these, every chance we could and had the set ready by the time we got to New Mexico where we had nine performances in eleven days.

Our biggest crowd was in Albuquerque at the outdoor Isleta Amphitheatre holding 15,000. They loved our newest set along with our usual music as well.

We were surrounded afterwards with requests for autographs on our new posters. Annie giggles every time she gives out an autograph. Michael had explained to her that she needed to find a very fast way to sign her name, so she gets more done.

I had my wife and my daughter on either side of me as we signed for an hour, then our contact got us out and paid us.

We had a second show in Albuquerque, but not at this site. It was at the Tingley Coliseum, former home of the New Mexico Scorpions, an ice-hockey team. It had room for up to 10,000 people with a history of Elvis Presley, Metallica, and Garth Brooks ... among others.

Our fans weren’t quite that boisterous, but everyone in our group of five performers had standing ovations all night long. Another nice paycheck for two hours of dance.

After New Mexico, was our swing into Arizona, with eight evenings of dance in seven separate cities. We were back to the more intimate venues, which we all preferred. Our largest was the 1,364 seat Orpheum Theatre in North Scottsdale. The fans there were just as rabid as anywhere. The people who stayed to get autographs were just as happy as any other community.

Our first leg of our ‘Dancing Through Texas’ tour was Ozona, Sonora, Kerrville, Comfort and San Antonio.

The smaller towns had us playing in high school auditoriums to crowds of about a thousand or so, but when we had a larger city like San Antonio, we knew it would be a bigger facility. Mom and Sarah used to have so much fun taking care of those plans, but Sammi is handling it all wonderfully.

We played both nights at the relatively new Tobin Center to standing-room crowds of 2,000 people. They had been waiting for us, to show off their beautiful performing arts center that had just broken ground when Mr. Bublé, Claire and I went on our first tour.

After receiving our fee for the two nights, our corporation gave them a check for $100,000 because we all wanted the place to be around for the next generation of Newman’s!

After two days of rest, was our next mini leg of Texas, Pleasanton, Corpus Christi, Kingsville, Harlingen and Laredo. The University of Texas Pan-American was where we performed two evenings of dance. Specifically, in their Fine Arts Auditorium.

They have a number of dance companies involved with the university. The students are heavily of Central American descent being in the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas. The Fine Arts Auditorium holds just over 1,000 people.

The first of our two nights were mostly students from the area, while the second night was mostly teachers and parents. They enjoyed our dancing, especially Rosie, Kallie and Annie’s dance to “Cell Block Tango,” our final dance of our first set.

When we were finished Dr. Pedro Martinez, the Dance department chair, came up to hand us our check adding, “Let’s give these fantastic dancers one more big round of applause.”

They got up and did as requested, as each of us bowed or curtsied to the crowd in return. As the night before, we signed autographs for an hour, and then left for our hotel.

I was getting tired of having two vehicles involved, so I quietly borrowed my wife’s laptop looking for a place in our schedule to look at something we could all fit inside.

Looking ahead, we had five days off between Garland and Dallas, so I looked over places in Dallas to purchase what we needed. We have another whole year on this tour, so I easily justified the expense.

Kalista liked the idea because of the more time we would have with the little ones, especially with Claire calling her ‘Mommy.’

We would still move into hotels as needed. The chance to lie down and rest when not driving was a prime feature for me. Where we park it both on the road and when we are home will be something to work out as we can.

Austin, Galveston, and Houston were next, with three in Texas’ largest city at Sarofim Hall, a 2,650-seat theater on the edge of the Downtown Theatre District.

After 11 more performances in Texas over the next 13 days, we reached the halfway point of our tour.

We were staying in Dallas at the Four Seasons Resort. I told them we would be leaving in a single vehicle, which got the girls all excited. Sammi was the most excited of the bunch.

With money not being a problem, I decided we would be staying in the nicest available places we could find. Sammi and the youngest three got a Tower Suite, while we got two Villa Rooms for the rest of us.

Michael suggested we went out to dinner. Kallie told Sammi to dress up, and she would stay with the toddlers and Lily. That meant Rose, Sammi and me, along with Michael and Annie were going out together.

“Where to?” I asked my son.

“How about Gilley’s?”

“That’s a bar,” I said.

“And a restaurant and a nice big dance floor dad,” he grinned.

“On our night off, you want to go dancing?”

“Sure, I don’t care about drinking ... you have been an example to me by not ever drinking or smoking. I like music; I love Annie and it’s also a restaurant.”

“Sounds good. You made a valid case. Do you know where it is?”

“No, but my phone does. You drive ... I’ll navigate, Pop.”

We got the ladies into the back, and I made the turns necessary and we pulled up finding a parking space reasonably close. You could hear the music from outside. I expected it to be all country all the time, but it was a nice mix as we walked in.

I got us a table seating Rose and Sammi, as I saw Michael take Annie to the dance floor as a Dani Bradbury number started. They were having a blast as a waitress came up to us.

“Aren’t you somebody famous? I recognize you ... I think?”

“Well, I have been dancing professionally my whole life, first with my wife Claire and now with my daughter and wife, along with my two kids.”

“Charles and Claire ... I saw you a long time ago. I have your autograph on a poster I still have. Is this your wife or your daughter?”

Extending her hand, “I am Rose, his daughter. Mom stayed home tonight. My brother and his girl are dancing, and this lovely lady is my late brother–in-law’s wife, Sammi.”

“Wow ... Do you want anything to drink or maybe order some food?”

“Yes please; we need a menu please?” Rose asked.

“Sure thing. Here you go. My name is Sarah, just yell when you are ready to order something.”

“Thank you,” I said.

We saw the kids come to the table looking great. “Don’t you love this music, Dad? It’s fun to dance to and not be worried about a routine,” Michael said not winded even a little.

I remembered when I could dance all night and never get tired.


1

They sat and figured out what we wanted, and I caught Sarah’s eye. She ambled over and we ordered some Chicken Tender appetizers, and some Gilley BBQ Sandwiches all around. I grabbed Sammi first and took her out to the dance floor. She was surprised, but I had gotten her comfortable dancing, and she was a good sport about it.

We turned a few heads on the dance floor with people recognizing us. I took Sammi back to her seat and Rose got up as the now classic “Man! I Feel Like a Woman” started up and the crowd cleared for us to dance:

Let’s go girls, come on
I’m going out tonight,

I’m feelin’ alright
Gonna let it all hang out
Want to make some noise,

really raise my voice
Yeah, I want to scream and shout

(Boy does my daughter get the attention just like my Claire used to)

No inhibitions, make no conditions
Get a little outta line
I ain’t gonna act politically correct
I only want to have a good time

The best thing about being a woman
Is the prerogative to have a little fun and

Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy,

forget I am a lady
Men’s shirts, short skirts


Oh, oh, oh, really go wild yeah,

doin’ it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action,

feel the attraction
Color my hair, do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I want to be free yeah,

to feel the way I feel


Man! I feel like a woman!

(She loves this song, and nobody could take their eyes off of her)

The girls need a break

tonight we’re gonna take
The chance to get out on the town
We don’t need romance,

we only want to dance
We’re gonna let our hair hang down

The best thing about being a woman
Is the prerogative to have a little fun and

Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy,

forget I am a lady
Men’s shirts, short skirts


Oh, oh, oh, really go wild-yeah,

doin’ it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action,

feel the attraction
Color my hair, do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I want to be free yeah,

to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!

(I took the moment and put her into a layback move, that she enjoyed much too much, then got up and did a ‘smooth out the dress move’ that made all the men howl!)

The best thing about being a woman
Is the prerogative to have

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.