Retribution - Cover

Retribution

Copyright© 2017 by Thornfoote

Chapter 9: Banking and Golf

It was close to midnight when the Jellyfish arrived in George Town, Grand Cayman Island trailed by El Gato Grande and Pretty Lady. Jessica had radioed in ahead to warn the authorities she had a woman and two young girls needing emergency medical attention. She didn’t mention pirates or rape over the open radio transmission. Police and three ambulances were waiting at the pier for her as they tied up. Jessica explained the situation and informed the police she was claiming salvage rights on El Gato Grande as an abandoned and captured pirate vessel.

Jessie went down to the stateroom to let Linda know they had arrived in George Town. Linda was gone. She smiled and silently wished her luck, then went back topside to finish dealing with the authorities.

Linda floated out over the water with her backpack on and Mouse providing an all encompassing fog of invisibility. She had jumped ship when they were within one hundred yards of the pier, and floated directly onto a street running parallel to the water. She slipped into an alley, and Mouse dropped the heavy camouflage.

Mouse can you keep the light, ignore me I’m nobody camo on and also make us look like a man? Linda asked.

I think so. What race? What age? Oh and what economic status? Mouse needed all the details.

Let me think. Hmmm, how about a black man, mid-fifties, and average income. Nondescript. Looks like he might be a local guy, Linda whispered.

Okay, I think I’ve got it. Walk back out on the street and look in a shop window, Mouse whispered.

Linda walked out of the alley and down the street a few steps to a glass shop window and studied her new appearance.

Looks great, Mouse, but you forgot one thing, whispered Linda.

What? Looks fine to me, Mouse whispered.

We still have our boobs! Ret laughed.

Trans-sexual guy? Mouse asked as she deleted the bumps on ‘our’ man’s chest.

Perfect, Tink whispered.

I like it too, Linda replied. Now, Ret find us a reasonable hotel that accepts cash for a night, no questions asked.

Walk along the waterfront some more, and I’ll look around, Ret answered.

Remember, Mouse warned, I can change our appearance, but I can’t change our voice.

Damn, you’re right! I did forget the voice, Linda whispered.

Found a place, Ret announced. Turn left at the next corner and then left again. It’s a hot-bed hotel. Men usually rent rooms by the hour to fuck whores. Just walk in, hand the clerk forty dollars US and hold your hand out for the key. If he says anything, just nod or grunt or something. That buys us eight hours of sleep.

Linda entered the Amigo Hotel, walked over to the clerk and handed him forty dollars. He never bothered to look up from his newspaper, just handed over a room key and a clean folded sheet.

Upstairs in the room Linda looked at the rumpled single bed and saw a large wet spot in the middle.

Yuck, so that’s what the clean sheet is for, whispered Mouse.

After you strip the sheet off better flip the mattress too, added Ret.

Mouse dropped her disguise.

Linda stripped off the filthy, stained sheet and flipped the mattress over. The bed didn’t have a box springs, it was all metal frame with boards to lay the thin mattress on. She put the new flat sheet on the flip side of the mattress and tossed the dirty pillow on the floor.

We can use the backpack for a pillow. It never got this bad in foster care, Tink whispered.

Linda set her phone alarm for nine in the morning and lay down on top of the sheet. She was sound asleep in minutes.

She was awakened by the beeping of her phone the next morning. Yawning and stretching, the girls woke up to their first day in George Town.

Ret, let’s walk around downtown. You scan for the kind of international bank with a good reputation that we need, Linda said.

What do you want us to look like? Mouse asked.

Similar to our real look but older, maybe two inches shorter with long black hair and no glasses. Use the normal Jedi ignore me fog, too, whispered Linda.

Got it. We’re covered as of now, Mouse whispered.

Linda wandered aimlessly in the general direction of downtown George Town until Ret found a good international bank. Mouse dropped the disguise and made sure no one noticed. Linda walked inside the well appointed air conditioned bank and stood there, looking around. Franklin Bank and Trust. Sounds as good as any others, Linda whispered.

They seem well respected in the local community with people who speak English, Ret whispered.

A man walked up, and said, “May I help you, Senorita?”

“Yes, please. I need to open a rather large international account and have some money wire-transferred in.”

“Excellent. That is our specialty. Come with me please. I’m sure Mr. Gomez in our international department will be able to satisfy all your requirements.”

“Juan, this is...”

“Linda, Linda Spencer.”

“Ah yes. Juan, Miss Spencer wishes to open an account and transfer some money into our bank.”

“Wonderful, Miss Spencer. Come in please and sit down. Now, how can I be of assistance?”

Linda handed him ten thousand dollars from the backpack and the note with the Swiss account number and password written on it. “I need to transfer all the funds from that account to a new one here, and close the Swiss account.”

Ret, do they handle trust funds here too? We may need to set one of those up, whispered Linda.

Yes. They handle huge sums of money and have an excellent Trust department. It seems many rich people need trusts set-up to handle their accounts, Ret replied.

Mr. Gomez typed some information into his computer and handed Linda some forms to sign. He did some more typing and paper shuffling, then stood up.

“I’ll be right back. I just need to take this information to our electronic transfers department.”

Linda waited for fifteen minutes before Mr. Gomez returned and handed her a deposit receipt.

“Miss Spencer you’re all set. The account is opened here and it’s a pretty substantial amount of money. Now I need to ask if there is anything the bank can do to help you manage such a large sum. We also need to talk to you about the level of security that you want on your account.”

“Well, I’m not really sure what I plan to do yet. I do need the maximum level of personal security on this account that you offer.”

“That would be our Premier account, numbered and password protected. Your passport and accent confirm you’re from the United States. Please be assured that we do not report any financial information to any other bank or country if you choose one of our Premier accounts. There is an annual fee for those of one percent of the average balance. Miss Spencer, you should look at your receipt and confirm the amount is correct. Then we need to discuss how you wish to handle your account.”

Linda unfolded the receipt and glanced at it. The amount was Two hundred eighty million, five thousand dollars and sixty-two cents!

Linda just sat there while all three sisters were screaming in her head. “Uh, Mr. Gomez, could I have a list of available services. Then could I have a few minutes to think about exactly what I want to do with my account, please.”

“Certainly, Miss Spencer,” he handed her a leather portfolio. I’ll be right outside. When you’re ready, just open the door and I’ll come back.”

What the hell is going on? Mouse shouted.

That’s more than we expected, whispered Tink.

It looks like the Russians in New York were not the only group using this account. They must be a small part of a much larger gang, Ret said.

Yes, it looks that way to me too, Ret, said Linda. Now be quiet please everyone and let me think about what to do with all this.

Ten minutes later Linda called Gomez back.

“Have you made any decisions, Miss Spencer?”

“I need to divide the money into several different accounts and set up some trusts to manage them. First, I need one fund for one hundred eighty million. That will be in a blind trust to help foster children in the state of Virginia, USA. I want the money invested conservatively and the interest used to buy school supplies and good clothing for the kids. Then neither the foster parents, the government, nor any other organization besides the foundation is to have access to these funds. I also want to fund several full-ride scholarships every year.”

Mr. Gomez was busy taking copious notes. “A first implies a second. What else can we help you with?”

“The second trust fund is going to sponsor a professional golfer on the LPGA. The manager is named Fred Jackson. He is authorized to withdraw from the fund for any expenses involved with sponsoring the lady golfer. That includes transportation, vehicles, meals, hotels, equipment, training, insurance, literally anything he decides is a necessary golf related expense. I want to fund this account with thirty million dollars. Here is his contact information. I trust the bank can handle contacting him and making the necessary arrangements?”

“Yes, of course. We will get this setup and contact him later today. May I ask who the golfer will be?”

“I’m the golfer, Mr. Gomez.”

“Ah, I see. This makes more sense now. Not that it is any of my or the bank’s business. I was just very curious. I enjoy playing and watching golf, myself.”

“Mr. Jackson is a professional and he believes I can become a successful pro on the women’s tour.”

“Excellent and congratulations. I’ll be very interested in following your career.”

“That brings us to the third trust. The third trust is also to be managed by the golf sponsor. This trust will provide an income and benefits for me, Mr. Jackson and any future employees that I or Fred decide to add. He said we need a personal assistant, and caddy at the very least. There may be others in the future. Fred is to be paid three thousand dollars a week. I’m to be paid five thousand dollars a week. Here’s my banking information. You’ll have to obtain Mr. Jackson’s information directly from him. Future salaries will be negotiated by Mr. Jackson and he will contact the trust to make arrangements for their payments at that time. This account will be funded with an initial twenty million dollars. You can handle Social Security, income tax withholding and such?”

“Yes of course. We handle details like this all the time. There is a small problem, however. We don’t work well with small credit unions. I’m assuming you want payments as direct deposit into your account. We can’t do that with My Credit Union. Would you mind opening an account with a major US bank here on the island and they can transfer the account to, let’s see, a Cauthen, Virginia branch?”

“I could do that. Which banks are available?”

“We have branches of most major US banks here in George Town. I suggest First Star Bank, five blocks north of us.”

He gets a referral fee from First Star, but otherwise it seems legit, Ret whispered If we are going to be moving around the world, we probably need to change to a major bank anyways.

“Is there anything else, Miss Spencer?”

“Yes, two more things that are important. The remaining fifty million dollars plus, will remain in the general account, not in a trust. I may be adding funds to that account in the future. The other thing is, I need an anonymous email means of contacting all three trusts and the general account without having to fly all the way down here. There will be occasions when I have to ask the second trust to issue orders and instructions to Mr. Jackson, that appear to come from the sponsor, but actually come from me.”

“I will make sure all of these instructions are carried out to your satisfaction. You want all three trusts and the general account to be Premier?”

“Yes, Premier accounts on everything.”

“Excellent decision. If you would like I can provide a car or you can walk down the street to First Star bank. I’ll call my contact there so he’s prepared to assist you. His name is Fernando Sanchez. Then if you would like to stop for lunch, we will have all the paperwork ready for you to sign early this afternoon.”

He is telling the truth. No attempt to cheat us at all, Ret whispered.

Linda stood up and shook Gomez hand. “Thank you very much, Mr. Gomez. I’m surprised that you can have all this ready so quickly.”

“Miss Spencer, we deal with very wealthy people from your country constantly. We have to provide excellent service or they will go to our competitors. We pride ourselves on providing fast, accurate service to our customers.”

“I will see you in a couple of hours then. Thanks again.”

Linda walked out into the bright Caribbean sunshine. Okay ladies, ask me your questions, She whispered.

No questions from me. I approve of everything, Mouse said.

Same here. I think you handled that perfectly, Ret whispered.

We’re fucking rich! yelled Tink.

No ramen noodles in our future. Five thousand dollars a week! Woohoo! Linda screamed.

Before taxes, Ret the always practical girl added.

Still should be about thirty-five hundred a week, clear, Mouse whispered.

Things are really looking good for us, Linda added as she walked into First Star Bank.

Linda looked around the bank and saw a short Latino man hurrying in her direction.

“Mr. Sanchez?”

“Si, Senorita Spencer. Please follow me to my office.”

“Senor Gomez has already informed me of your requirements. I have everything ready for your signature. The bank just requires a deposit to open the account,” Sanchez said.

Linda took twenty thousand dollars out of her backpack and handed the money to Mr. Sanchez. He took the money and handed Linda the forms she needed to sign. Mr. Sanchez left to make the deposit opening her new account.

A few minutes later, Mr. Sanchez returned with her receipt and account number. “Senorita Spencer, this account will be transferred to your new account at First Star Bank in Cauthen, Virginia by the end of this afternoon.”

Linda thanked him and bade him a good-bye.

After a tasty and filling lunch Linda walked back to Franklin Bank and looked for Mr. Gomez. He spotted her and smiled, nodded his head to his office and raised a finger, indicating ‘just a moment’ to her.

Linda walked into Gomez’ office and sat down. One minute later he arrived.

“Everything is complete, Miss Spencer. I have your papers to sign establishing and authorizing all three trust funds. I think you’ll find all of your instructions about the accounts have been followed to the letter. Here are your account numbers and passwords and this is your email address. It is my personal anonymous number. I will be your liaison with the bank for all four accounts. The email is triple encrypted and is as secure as we can possibly make it. In the future, if it becomes necessary, we can also provide an encrypted satellite phone for you. You can use that phone to call me directly. It was originally developed for Israel’s Mossad. I’ll contact Mr. Jackson in Cauthen, now.”

Linda signed all the papers, shook hands with Mr. Gomez and headed off to find the Jellyfish. Mouse provided camouflage all the way back.

“Welcome back. Everything done?” Jessie asked when she noticed Linda standing on the Jellyfish’ deck.

“Yes indeed Jessie. I’m all finished here. We can depart whenever you’re ready as I need to get back to Jamaica.”

“Mike, William! Time to castoff. We’re heading back to Montego Bay,” yelled Jessica. “Your stateroom is just the way you left it. Mind if I come down and talk to you a bit after we get out on the open sea?”

“Not at all. We can chat anytime on the way back.”

“Good. I’ll be down in an hour with some snacks and drinks. You like wine?”

“Not really. In the States I’m too young to drink alcohol.”

“Well, at sea it’s ‘Captain’s rules.’ I’ll bring down a nice sweet Zinfandel and a Moscato. You should like one of them.”

“Deal. I’m going to take a nap ‘till you come down.”

A knock on the door woke Linda up an hour or so later. Ret whispered, It’s Jessie.

Linda stood up, and yelled, “Come on in, Jessie.”

Jessie walked in carrying two wine bottles and four plastic cups. “We’re going fancy this evening.” She opened both bottles and poured a sample of each. Linda preferred the Moscato.

“Okay, I guess you’re wondering what I wanted to talk about.”

Not really. Ret already told us everything, but I’ll listen. We know you don’t mean any harm, whispered Linda.

“We sold the Gato today for a hundred twenty grand. We voted to split the money four ways with you. Thirty apiece. The guys and I talked things over today. We should be dead. We all know that. Those pirates had us seriously outnumbered and outgunned. None of us know just what you did, but you hit head shots on them every time you pulled the trigger. And the pirates stopped shooting back. Like I told the guys, we don’t know how you did it and we don’t care. We’re alive because of you. Linda, you ever need a friend or someone to talk with, call me. I got your back girl, forever. Anything.”

“I don’t need my share of the money. Donate it to a local Jamaican orphanage.”

“You just keep getting better and better. Are you some kind of Avenging Angel?”

Don’t answer that. She almost believes it already, whispered Ret so Linda just shrugged.

Jessie got up and walked out the door. She left the bottle behind.

Linda called a planning conference on the flight back to Miami. Mouse, I want you to practice with the electronics camouflage. Also work on that thing you do with changing our outward appearance so everyone sees a different body. If you can merge those two abilities so we can look like someone else to camera scans that would be perfect. Ret, I want you to work on extending your range and how deep you can get in someone’s mind. Tink, your fine control inside bodies is awesome, but you need to get better control on inanimate objects, like doors and pimp’s pants.

It all sounds good and it’s something we need, but I sense a particular reason behind all this, Ret whispered.

You’re right. I think we need to plan a visit to Bulgaria, whispered Linda.

It was 9 a.m. by the time Linda got back home in Cauthen. She was bone tired, but her phone rang just as she got up to her room. The display showed her it was Fred.

“Hello, Fred.”

“Linda, you have no idea what’s happened. We have a sponsor from out of nowhere. I don’t even know who it is. He wants to remain anonymous. This is fantastic! He faxed me contracts and everything. We’re even getting paid. How soon can you get out here so I can show you everything?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.