Girl Scout Troop Master - aftermath - Cover

Girl Scout Troop Master - aftermath

Copyright© 2016 by Wyden Long

Chapter 6

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6 - This is a sequel to Girl Scout Troop Master. An overwhelming landslide of reader requests (well, two) resulted in my going back to a well I thought was dry and doing a bit more fishing. Hopefully, this well will not dry up as quickly as the first.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Science Fiction   Aliens   Extra Sensory Perception   Space  

Were we finished remodeling Earth? Not by a long shot, although there was a nagging thought that we were overlooking something.

I opened the discussion. “What are we forgetting?”

Most agreed that they also had a sense of something having been left out of our thinking, but nobody could put a finger on it.

“Let’s review what we have, so far. Maybe the answer will pop out. I have a hunch that the Ormulans are trying to tell us something in a subtle manner.”

“We made a home for all who wanted to live on a primitive planet and allowed them to take along whatever they liked. We also created a world, designed only as a garbage dump, to which we could send out refuse, including nuclear waste. Some think we should have sent it to the Sun, but that can still be done if we decide to do so.”

“How are those worlds working out?”

“That may be what is nagging at our collective minds. Has anyone done a good followup on the success of the earlier missions?”

Everyone looked around sort of sheepishly as we realized that we had failed to do so.

“Rachel, will you please follow up on that?”, I asked.

She acknowledged with a smile and a wink. Perhaps that was the missing factor? We must wait to see.

“Now, what about the other worlds we created?”

“So far, we have only created those two worlds. Between them and the support people who chose to join them, we have reduced the population on Earth by close to 50%. However, the remaining 50% is the half that created most of the problems. On the other hand, they are the ones with the best infrastructure and have adequate supplies of food, energy and resources for the foreseeable future. There seems to be no driving factor to continue meddling. What do you think?” This was Caroline, one of the youngest of my daughters.

“They are also the groups that had negative population growth rates. If we do nothing more, the population should continue shrinking until there is a need for more people in some areas. Perhaps a hands off strategy is best pursued for now.”

Everyone agreed with my assessment.

After a period of relaxation and unstructured discourse, another of my daughters spoke up. “Now that the size of the population has been reduced sufficiently to allow it, perhaps this would be a good time to explore ways to increase longevity. Until now, doing so would create even more societal problems. The existing retirement systems have been set up using an actuarial model based on existing average wages and mortality. If any of the prevailing diseases were to be significantly eliminated, allowing retirees to live longer, the pension systems could become bankrupt very quickly. Some think that is the reason why cancer cures have been so long in coming.”

“That is a very cynical way to look at things”, I admonished.

“Perhaps, but that does not invalidate the assumption, Daddy”, she rejoined sweetly.

“Ok, so what do you propose?”, I challenged.

“Rather than continue to allow people to die in order to have enough to feed the survivors, why not develop methods to fundamentally change the way in which retirees are compensated?”

“Now you are using that six year old mind for something other than a resonance damper in your brain pan, Kid”, I swept her into my arms and planted a big, wet, noisy raspberry on her belly button. She may be a super genius, but she is still my kid.

“Who else has a contribution?”, I wondered.

Several hands shot up. “Ok, one at a time. Stand up and present your thoughts.

“We should determine the financial needs of the retirees and look for ways to allow them to maintain or improve their quality of life while reducing the amount of funds required. This will allow the existing funds to be paid out over a longer span”, was contributed by one of my sons.

Another jumped up to replace him. “One of the largest expenses for older people is the extremely high cost of medical care. Existing insurance plans do little to ease the burden of rapacious drug costs, inflated medical fees and bloated hospital costs. The medical establishment refuses to discipline their ranks, preferring to pass on the high cost of subsidizing incompetent and/or unethical physicians through malpractice premiums.”

“Do you have a proposed solution for that?”, I asked.

“Yes. We offer lifetime free food, shelter, clothing, transportation and medical care on one of our worlds to all who care to go. The medical care will also combine curative and palliative care. When we have the technology required for a cure, or can develop it, then this will be first choice. When the condition is terminal, we will alleviate the suffering to our maximum ability.”

“Excellent. Please prepare a program to offer that option to everyone old enough to be interested.”

“But what if younger people want to join?”, asked Millicent.

“I don’t know how much a question is worth from some one whose name says they are only worth one thousand microcents. That isn’t much money”, I teased.

“Up yours, old man”, responded the pugnacious four year old.

I swept her into my arms and gave her a big hug before plopping her on my knee. “What do you suggest?”

“I think people should have to work until they have paid in a certain amount to qualify for retirement. Then they can choose to go to the new world. All they will need there is enough for luxuries and entertainment, since we are supplying the necessities.”

“How many people do you think will choose that option?”

“My behavioral model suggests somewhere between 15 and 20%.”

“Then make it so, my darling. However, rather than force people to work, let’s make it a voluntary thing. Their hunger should be the forcing factor, rather than the government.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.