Forgotten Dreams
Chapter 1 : Arrival

Copyright© 2016 by Radley Black

Horror Sex Story: Chapter 1 : Arrival - Trapped in a strange world, hunted by a dangerous foe. Will Alex find answers?

Caution: This Horror Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Paranormal  

Alex heard it before he saw it. The squeal of tires, the crunch of metal, splintering of glass. It all unfolded with an unstoppable inevitability. He had been halfway across the bridge traveling at the speed limit ... The semi-trailer ahead was braking, He was braking. The distance between the huge vehicle and his own closed rapidly. A quick glance to the side and he changed to the outside lane. The semi jack-knifed, the gap between the trailer narrowing.

He was screaming “Oh Fuuu...” when the semi hit the pileup and his car shot into the gap between the trailer and the railing. Alex closed his eyes as the car body crumpled and the windows shattered, glass raining down on him. He was thrown forward against his seat belt, hitting his head against the steering wheel.

Alex’s right side ached and burned, his legs were pinned, his cheek was wet with blood. The moan and snap of tortured metal reached his ear and the car tipped. Turning his head to his left, he could see that his crushed car was being pushed partially off the bridge though the warped and buckled bridge railing. The glittering water was a gut wrenching distance below.

Another vehicle slammed into the back of Alex’s car, whipping him back and then forward driving his head into the steering wheel for the second time. There was a loud snap and everything tilted as he lost consciousness.


Alex woke up with his heart beating so frantically that it threatened to escape his chest. That was the most realistic nightmare he had ever had. He scrambled out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom splashing water on his face.

He wandered back into the bedroom, noticed the time on the bedside clock, and rushed to get ready for work.


Work dragged on and on. It felt as if the morning lasted days. Alex seemed to be having the same conversations over and over again. The junior team members had problems with the domain and some of the technology. It seemed he was always having to help out someone else. He continually argued with the project manager (PM), who wanted to delay working on defects and design changes generated by testing. He felt tired every time he talked to the PM. It was as if the PM was draining the energy out of him.

Alex took a break for lunch. He wasn’t hungry, but he needed some time to think. Something was very wrong. The energy and enthusiasm that marked the beginning of a project was missing as was a sense of progress.

Alex took a bite out of his sandwich and jotted down some notes on index cards. He had a mental block and could not remember the goal of the project. He pulled up the project wiki on his tablet. It was an online betting website. How could he have forgotten that? Hang on! Hadn’t the questions the juniors asked him been about a point of sale system?

Alex twirled his fork and slurped up another mouthful of noodles. He looked at the bowl of noodles in confusion. His memory was playing tricks on him. Perhaps it was only exhaustion. He hoped it was only exhaustion, however he was starting to think that the thing that was wrong was him.

The project manager wandered into the break room. “Alex! When do you think you will finished with work item #417?” he asked.

Alex felt the now familiar drain of energy. The PM’s claw wrapped around Alex’s upper arm. The talons dug in with a cold burning sensation. The PM gave a wide predatory smile. The eyes bore into him with a hungry desire. With a jolt of adrenaline he caught a glimpse of something else, something non-human hiding behind the mask of the PM’s face. The PM lent forward opening its muzzle, breathing in a wisp of something that it drew from Alex. It felt as if the creature were consuming his very life blood.

Grabbing the claw that was piercing his arm, Alex twisted throwing the creature over his hip. It flew into the bench with a crash and toppled to the floor. He spun around and ran.

“The rabbit has teeth,” the creature giggled and grabbed his foot as he ran pass. Alex arrested his fall by catching hold of the bench. He yanked his foot out of the creature’s grasp and kicking at the thing, connecting weakly with its forehead. He scrambled through the door and continued through to reception and out of the office.

Alex ran to the lifts, hitting the down button several times. Hearing the bang of a door coming from reception, he ceased waiting for the lifts and bolted for the stairwell. Pulling the door open, he descended the stairs as fast as he could. On the last flight he tripped, smashing heavily against the landing and the wall. His right side hurt with a sharp throbbing pain, but he could hear rapid footfalls echoing through the stairwell. He gritted his teeth and used the wall to haul himself upright. He hobbled out of the stairwell, with a quick glance at the front entrance, he headed in the opposite direction. He had just made it around the first corner when the stair door opened with a crash. Alex continued to the back door, exiting the building.

The pain from Alex’s fall faded slowly. He ran through lanes and streets turning at each corner and crossroad. He slowed down, wandering past shops and restaurants, making his way through pedestrians. Only then did he ask himself why he did not call for help.

‘Yeh, right. Like I am going to tell everyone, that I am being chased by a demon that is sucking out my life force, ‘ he thought. ‘What would it be called; an incubus or a succubus?’

Alex had trouble remembering whether the project manager was male or female. There was something wrong with him, he knew. There was definitely something wrong with his memory. He sat down on a bench and rested his face in his hands. Was he suffering from a psychotic break? Delusions? Was it just an overactive imagination? What did he see, after all? It wasn’t very supernatural, it was more of a feeling. Then he remembered the smile, the pointy teeth, the hungry penetrating eyes, and the sense that there was something else under the skin, something he never wanted to see. He had never been more frightened in his life. The experience seemed more real than anything else on this strange day.

Alex looked up, taking stock of his surroundings. There was a girl waving at him from across the road. She was sitting at a table outside a cafe. Black hair and tanned skin; she was wearing a red dress. She was looking straight at him. Hesitantly he pointed at himself and raised his eyebrows.

She nodded. He turned to check if there was someone behind him. ‘Yes, you, ‘ she mouthed, beckoning.

Checking for cars, Alex crossed the road. “Have we met?” he asked.

“It’s hard to say in this place,” she responded, with graceful flowing Mediterranean accent. “You are the first person I have seen in a while. Sit down please.”

Startled Alex glanced around at the passing pedestrians and her fellow cafe customers. He wondered if she was crazy, but decided that he was in no position to throw stones. Besides, what else was he going to do? There was no way he was going back to work. He didn’t like going home to an empty house. He imagined rocking up to a hospital and telling them he was suffering from delusions or confessing to the police that he had assaulted a co-worker. Neither scenario was appealing. He sat down. It didn’t hurt that she was beautiful.

“I am Cassandra Silva. Cassie for short.”

“Alex Bentley.”

“How did you die?”

“I am pretty sure I am still alive.”

“Really! What make you think that?” she asked after taking a sip from her cappuccino.

“I feel alive, plus I am an atheist and I don’t believe in an afterlife.”

“I am a deist myself.”

“You believe in a creator, but don’t believe he or she interferes with his creation?”

“Yes,”

“Then you shouldn’t believe in supernatural phenomena, such as the afterlife either.”

“It’s hard for a dead person to argue against the afterlife,” she stated. “Where do you think you are?”

“The city. Where do you think we are?”

“Purgatory. The coffee wouldn’t be this good in Hell and the creature wouldn’t be allowed into Heaven.”

“The creature?” he asked, already certain what she was talking about.

“You have met it. I can see its marks on you.” Cassie pushed a shot glass with a finger of whiskey toward him. “This will make you feel better.”

“Where did this come from?”

“I made it. You should be able to do things like this as well. If you don’t like whiskey, I can change it to any other drink.”

“No, whiskey is fine.” Alex sniffed the drink. It smelled wonderful. Cassie’s sleight of hand trick was impressive, but he wasn’t ready to buy into the whole afterlife story she was trying to sell. He took a small sip. It was fabulous, Warmth and energy flowed into him. “What is this?”

“I added some of my chi. At least that’s what I call it. You were drained by the creature. It stole chi from you, that is your life energy and your memories, though according to my friend, life energy and memories are the same thing here. According to them, everything in this realm is made out of memories.”

Alex finished his drink. “Well it certainly has a kick and I feel a whole lot better. Can I have some more?”

“I probably won’t need those memories, much,” Cassie grumbled, “but if I give you more chi I will start to feel like you were feeling before.”

“Sorry. I don’t want to seem ungrateful. It was kind of you to share a drink with me.” She was certainly consistent he thought. “What makes you think that we are dead?” he asked.

“Aside from the supernatural creature that sucks chi out of you and my ability to create drinks out of nothing you mean?” she asked. “You haven’t felt thirsty, hungry, and sleepy or need to go to the bathroom.”

“Yesterday I needed to do all those things. Today not so much.”

“Have you noticed the inconsistencies? You turn away for a second and people have different colored hair, the table is a different shape, there is a different number of chairs in the room. Things like that.”

Alex though about his lunch. The way it had been a sandwich one minute and noodles the next. “I thought I was imaging things.”

“No, it wasn’t your imagination.”

“So if we are in Purgatory, does that mean that everyone else here trapped in Purgatory as well?” he asked still not quite ready to accept what she was saying.

“We are the only two people here.”

“What about all these other people?” Alex asked, gesturing around them.

“They are just memories. Don’t tell me you can’t tell the difference between them and me?”

Cassie did seem to jump into the foreground while the other people seemed to fade into the background. “So they are like ghosts?”

“We are ghosts. They are less than that. Echoes, shadows, memories, they can only say things you remember them saying.”

“I have had a lot of conversations in my life. Couldn’t they say just about anything?”

Cassie stood up and accosted a pedestrian, a man in a grey business suit. “What is the sound of one hand clapping?” she asked.

The business man glanced at his watch and said, “4:05 pm.”

Cassie looked meaningfully at Alex. “You have a go.”

Alex approached a girl dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. “Excuse me. What does seven smell like?”

“Keep on going then turn left at the second lights,” the girl replied.

They both returned to their seats. “Okay, that was pretty strange,” he admitted. “In fact the whole day has been strange and it has dragged on so slowly it felt like the morning took a week.”

“It probably did take a week. The time of day in this realm depends on what time you believe it is,” Cassie declared. She snapped her fingers and the sky darkened and the street lights turned on.

“Did you really need to snap your fingers?”

“It seemed dramatically appropriate,” she returned. “Come on. You can’t maintain that you are still alive.”

“Maybe this isn’t physically reality, but that doesn’t mean this is the afterlife. There are alternative explanations.”

“Like what?”

“We could be dreaming or be in an altered state of consciousness. Localized brain damage can have bizarre effects. We could be in a universe with different physical properties or in an immersive virtual reality simulation.”

“Like the Matrix? Give me a break. Did you come up with these explanations off the top of your head?”

“No, I have been trying to come up with alternatives that don’t entail that I’m batshit crazy.”

“The simplest explanation is that we are dead. Tell me that you don’t remember dying?”

Alex shifted uncomfortably. To distract himself he imagined a cappuccino in his hand and almost dropped it when it materialized. “Maybe,” he conceded as he tried to calm himself. The some of the coffee spilt onto the saucer before he could manage to steady his trembling hands.

“How did it happen?”

“Car accident,” he admitted.

“I was electrocuted by a faulty espresso machine.” Cassie radiated smug triumph.

Alex snuggled to suppress his frustration and annoyance. Even he had to admit that Cassie’s revelation cast his bridge dream in a darker light. She had good arguments for her position, and all he had was a strong feeling, a strong intuition that he was still alive.

He took another sip of his cappuccino and stared at the spilt liquid in his saucer.

“Imagine the coffee is back in the cup,” suggested Cassie.

With a thought he had a fresh cup. His eyes narrowed with suspicion. “It is kind of a coincidence that I ran into you straight after I escaped the creature.”

“I doubt it was a coincidence. This realm responds to our thoughts and feelings. What were you thinking just before you saw me?”

“I was wishing for help. I was wishing someone would tell what was going on.”

“I was wishing I had someone to talk to. Our desires brought us together.”

“So this place grants wishes.”

“Anything either of us has experienced.”

“So we can’t do anything new?”

“We can share experiences. I could take you on a balloon ride and if you have ever gone bungee jumping we could do that.”

“What about something we have dreamt or imagined?”

“It has to be based on a memory.”

“Hum! Give me a smile.”

“Do you really think I am the creature?” asked Cassie giving him a wide grin

“Probably not,” said Alex, but he studied her mouth and eyes nevertheless.

“Satisfied?” she asked.

Alex shrugged his shoulders.

“If we get separated, just close your eyes and think of me. When you open your eyes I should be in front of you. In fact, do that now. I want to do a shift and I don’t want you anchoring us to this place.”

Alex closed his eyes and did as she asked. He supposed that if she was the creature now would be the time for her to attack. When he opened his eyes they were still seated at a table, but it was on a tropical beach.

“I guess we’re not in Kansas anymore,” muttered Alex.

“Was there ever any doubt?”

The moonlight shimmered, reflecting off the mirror smooth water of the bay. Thatched huts, boats, recliners and a volley ball net dotted the beach.

“Would you like to have a sail?” he asked, pointing to a surfcat.

“Do you know how?”

“Of course. What would happen if I didn’t?”

“The stupid thing would just float on the water and not go anywhere. Better dress for the occasion,” she said, as her dress transformed into a bright orange bikini that showed off her figure.

Alex glanced down at his shirt and jeans and imagined wearing bathers, and he was. When he glanced up Cassie stood up and was nursing a blue cocktail complete with paper umbrella.

“I wouldn’t mind one of those,” requested Alex.

“Just imagine one in your hand.”

Alex sipped the cocktail as they walked over to the cat. It tasted of alcohol and citrus. “I don’t think I’ve ever had one of these before.”

“I have, otherwise it would have tasted like water.”

Not having a good place to rest the drink he imagined it gone and Cassie helped him push the cat out into the water.

“I’ll take the tiller, you take the sheet.”

“What’s the sheet?” she asked.

“The white rope attached to the boom.”

“What’s the -”

“The boom is metal thing on the bottom of the sail. When I say ‘trim sheets’ you pull on the rope, when I say ‘ease sheets’ you let the rope out, if I say ‘ready about’ you get ready to duck and go to the opposite side of the cat.”

“Really?”

“You’ll be fine. Now trim sails.”

Cassie pulled the sheet in, turning the sail to catch the wind. She laughed as the sail billowed out and the cat surged forward. The night was beautiful, the stars glorious. The surf braking on the reef was the only sound other than their laughter and conversation. Alex taught Cassie how to sail and Cassie introduced him to different cocktails until they were both three sheets to the wind. Alex was very glad he could control the direction and strength of the wind with a thought.

The first time they went up on one hull Cassie squealed with delight. They talked about their lives and the world they had left behind. They talked about music, art and philosophy. They raced back and forth for a while before Alex let the wind drop and they used the cat as a diving platform for a midnight swim. Cassie produced some pizza and they competed in coming up with the most outrageous toppings. They never seemed to get full or sick.

Cassie decided to teach Alex scuba diving. They took a second moonlight swim, this time with tanks. The ocean was eerie at night, full of ominous shadows. When they decided the time was right, they sailed the cat back to shore and watched the sun rise over the reef.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.