Fineprint - Cover

Fineprint

Copyright© 2016 by Snekguy

Chapter 4: Rainbow Spider

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 4: Rainbow Spider - Set in the Pinwheel universe, Dennis is overjoyed to accept a job as the first human ambassador to Earth on Borealis, but gets more than he bargained for when he realizes his position might not exactly be a promotion.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   Romantic   NonConsensual   Reluctant   Rape   Coercion   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Science Fiction   Space   Aliens   DomSub   MaleDom   FemaleDom   Rough   Light Bond   Group Sex   Oral Sex   Petting   Size   Big Breasts   Slow   Violence   Royalty   Politics  

The next morning Dennis was awoken by Xhe knocking on his door.

“Ambassador, I managed to arrange a hunting trip. I also brought you breakfast. We will be departing in one hour.”

A hunting trip? He had told her that he wanted to see the jungle, but he hadn’t expected her to organize a trip so quickly. He hopped out of bed, pulling on a pair of pants, then went to open the wooden door. Xhe was wearing a green dress today in a similar style of light, almost transparent fabric as her previous one. She held a silver tray, upon which were two large smoked fish. Dennis eyed them hungrily.

“Eat as much as you are able, there will be a lot of walking today with few opportunities for rest.”

He took the tray from her hands and set it on a table, picking up a fish with his fingers and biting into it, savoring the smokey flavor.

“How are we doing with the cutlery situation?” he mumbled through a mouthful of fish.

“I have put out a territory-wide request asking for cutlery, should any be available. The Patriarch buys all manner of things, often on a whim. It is possible that some silverware or leftover dining equipment from a ship that he purchased is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere. If I can’t find any, I will commission a set from a metallurgist. I assure you that a set will be available before you attend one of the Patriarch’s banquets.”

Dennis nodded appreciatively as he sucked the grease from his fingers. He doubted the Patriarch would care either way, but it made him feel self-conscious to eat with his fingers. He wanted to be at his best for the politically delicate banquet.


When he had finished eating, he joined Xhe outside the embassy, and they made their way up the steps of the ivory tower to the landing pad. The same pilot from the previous day was waiting for them in his shuttle, it really might be one of the only operable ones in service on the planet, and that thought amazed Dennis. The skies of Earth were clogged with the damned things.

“No guards this time?” he asked. Xhe shook her head.

“We will meet with Rangers at the landing site, they will take us through the jungle.”

He looked at her flowing dress and considered asking her if it was appropriate attire for a romp through the jungle, but thought better of it. They loaded into the shuttle, and it lifted off in a cloud of dust, angling its nose out across the lake. The landing site must be on the opposite shore.

As the craft jetted over the reflective water, Dennis questioned Xhe about the trip.

“So who are these Rangers we’re going to meet?”

“They are professional hunters,” she explained. “They are most often raised in villages deep within the green bands. They have a reputation for being antisocial, but if you asked them, they would tell you that they enjoy the seclusion of the jungle. They are valued for their intimate knowledge of the local flora and fauna, and their hunting prowess garners them much respect in Borealan society even if they choose to distance themselves from it.”

“I’ve seen lots of hunting scenes on the tapestries, and on the armor worn by the Patriarch and his Royal Guards. Were those the Rangers?”

“For the most part, yes. Hunting is a favorite pastime of the Patriarch, though he rarely has time for it these days. Connecting Borealis with the rest of the galaxy is hectic work.”

“I can imagine, I’ll be helping him do it soon.”

“And I along with you, Ambassador,” Xhe replied. She sounded somewhat exasperated. Dennis put his hand on her shoulder, intending to reassure her, but she flinched away from him and bared her teeth reflexively. He remembered the tourist guide, where it had told him not to touch Borealans without their express permission, and withdrew his hand quickly.

“Sorry, I just ... I wanted to tell you that I appreciate the work you do for me. I know I can be kind of a handful, I’m still learning how things work on this planet. That you’re able to run around organizing everything, getting me all the things I need. Food, transport, information, and translation. You make it all look so easy. It kind of blows my mind. If every Borealan secretary is as efficient and as helpful as you are, you guys could make big money back on Earth. Hell, we have a hard enough time getting ours to make appointments and brew coffee.”

Xhe’s expression softened.

“I admit, sometimes I feel like I have a giant kitten running around the embassy getting into trouble,” she replied. “But I know that you’re trying. You are genuinely interested in our culture and our society, I can see it in your face every time you come across some new artifact or practice. You certainly didn’t know what you were signing up for when you accepted this job, but at least from my perspective, you seem perfectly suited to the role. The UN could send a highly trained diplomat who never made a bad decision, but if he didn’t care about Borealis and her people, it would be pointless.”

Dennis grinned, it was high praise coming from the stoic Xhe.

The shuttle banked, shedding speed and altitude as their destination came into view. They passed over the shoreline of the lake and headed out over the jungle canopy, an ocean of green leaves passing beneath the belly of the craft. In the distance lay a large clearing and as they drew closer, he could make out buildings in it.

The ship came to a stop, hovering gingerly as the pilot maneuvered the craft down into an open area, a little too close to some wooden dwellings for comfort. They were not dissimilar to the ones from the fishing village, made from sturdy logs and decorated with elaborate reliefs and carvings. The landing gear bounced as they impacted the ground, and as the cloud of dust settled Xhe and Dennis descended the ramp.

A small group was waiting for them. Tall, lean Borealans clad in leather that barely covered them stood to attention, their clothing decorated with beads and large feathers. Dennis had noticed that the air was oddly humid in the jungle despite its proximity to the planet-spanning desert, it made sense to dress ... sparingly. His eyes lingered on one of the females, an impressive specimen even by Borealan standards. She wore a skirt made of animal hide, held up with a decorative belt from which strings of colorful beads and what looked like teeth or claws dangled. Her breasts were covered with a leather sling that barely contained them, and there were a dozen necklaces hanging from around her neck. Feathers and beads, animal teeth, what looked like arrowheads. She had it all. Her hair was a rusty orange that complimented her pale skin, the fur on her forearms and legs patterned with dark stripes. Her cropped hair was stuffed with innumerable bird feathers, they jutted out at odd angles and dazzled him with their bright colors. A large male stepped forward to greet them, he was similarly dressed besides for his long, flowing cape of the same variety that the Patriarch had worn. It refracted the light, drawing Dennis’ eye as the Borealan walked towards them.

He greeted Xhe in the native dialect, and she replied in kind, gesturing to Dennis as they talked. He waited patiently, trying not to fidget in his two-piece suit as the humidity nagged at him. After a moment Xhe translated for him.

“This is the Alpha of the local Ranger band, he welcomes you to his village.”

“Tell him that I appreciate his hospitality.”

Xhe translated as the Alpha examined Dennis, looking him up and down, seemingly not impressed. He gestured to Dennis and said something to Xhe.

“He asks if you are fit to enter the jungle.”

“I don’t know, am I?”

Xhe considered for a moment as the Alpha watched them curiously.

“Probably.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” Dennis complained.

“It is dangerous, but you will be well protected. These are the best Rangers known to us. If you are unsure, I can call it off.”

“And make me look like a flake? No way, I want to see this jungle for myself.”

The corners of Xhe’s mouth turned up, a rare smile, and she turned back to the Alpha to relay their conversation to him. He laughed and pounded his chest with a clenched fist the size of a bowling ball.

“The Alpha is pleased,” Xhe commented.

“Yeah, I got that impression.”

The Alpha talked with Xhe for a moment in their unintelligible language as Dennis waited, loosening his collar. The heat and humidity were unbearable, his shoes were filling with sweat. The Borealans were no better off, the female that he had noticed before was glistening with a sheen of perspiration, but they seemed to be used to it. They were certainly dressed for their environment, or rather not dressed.

“The Rangers have been tracking a powerful native animal over the last few days, the timing of your visit is opportune. If you would to see it, they must leave immediately.”

“A powerful animal? What is it?” Dennis asked, intrigued and a little apprehensive. Anything that the Borealans considered powerful or dangerous must be monstrous indeed.

“You couldn’t pronounce the name, but roughly translated it is called furry shining tree destroyer. Its coat is highly valued and is used as a material for tailoring fine clothing.”

What an absurd name, but he was sure it sounded better in the original Borealan.

“Is what these capes that I keep seeing are made from?”

“Yes.”

Dennis’ eyes lit up, this was exactly what he wanted to see.

“Let’s waste no time then! Onward!” he exclaimed, pointing towards the treeline beyond the small settlement. His gesture needed no translation and the group of hunters holstered their weapons on slings over their shoulders and began to move. They weren’t carrying XMRs, but some kind of native rifle design. They had long, ornate barrels and what looked like a straight pull bolt. They must be some kind of high powered, single shot weapons, likely using a chemical propellant. They were antiques by today’s standards but their sheer size was intimidating, they looked like they could throw massive slugs.

There were five Rangers in all, each carrying a rifle and clad in similarly revealing, almost tribal garb. Xhe and Dennis followed behind them as they fanned out into a line formation, crunching fallen twigs and leaves underfoot. The Alpha said something to Xhe, and she translated for Dennis.

“He says to stay close to Yuta, she is their best shot. She will protect you.”

“Which one is Yuta?” he asked. Xhe pointed to the orange-haired female that he had seen earlier, the layer of sweat on her skin reflecting the sunlight as she weaved through the trees and leapt over exposed roots. Dennis hurried over to take up position behind her, keeping his eyes on the jungle and trying to avoid looking at her shapely posterior as she marched ahead of him.


Dennis pushed through the undergrowth clumsily, trying to keep pace with Xhe and Yuta. Despite wearing what looked like a goddamned ball gown Xhe was striding through the jungle, hopping deftly over roots and plants with her slender legs. Yuta moved as silently as a stalking tiger, she hadn’t said a single word since they had entered the treeline. Dennis tripped and stumbled, his dress shoes were woefully unsuited to the task of trekking through thick jungles. He did own a pair of hiking boots, but they were sitting in a wardrobe in his apartment back on Earth. He had expected the most trying situation that he would find himself in to be a board meeting. The roots rose out of the ground, requiring him to clamber over them, and the plants came in all kinds of odd shapes and colors. He didn’t know if any were poisonous, and what might poison a Borealan wouldn’t necessarily poison a human. He was starting to regret this latest escapade. None of the other rangers were in view, they had spread out to cover as much ground as possible as they stalked this bizarrely named animal.

Dennis slapped at a fat insect that had landed on his arm, the damned things were everywhere. To his surprise the stocky, hard-shelled creature merely flitted away on its set of six wings, unfazed by his strike. Even the bugs here were tough. Yuta turned to shush him, putting a clawed finger to her lips. They had been traipsing through this humid hell for at least half an hour, where was this target that was supposedly so close? He peered up at the canopy, the massive trees towering above them. Shafts of harsh light penetrated between the leaves here and there, but it was gloomy and a little cooler than being in direct sunlight, that was a plus. The humidity was killing him, however, he felt like he was being steamed alive. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with his orange tie. He had been forced to throw the red one away because ... well, let’s just say that Cola did not wash out easily.

Something that resembled a snake dropped down from the branches above, landing about his shoulders like a scaly rope.

He yelped and froze up, Xhe and Yuta turning to look at him and seeing the reptile draped around his neck like a scarf. Yuta rushed over to him, laying down her weapon gingerly and reaching her clawed hands out to pick up the creature. It was long and sapphire blue, its winding body coiling around his neck protectively as she approached. It wasn’t a snake, not quite, it had dozens of stubby legs like a centipede. She hefted it in her hands, and it hung between them, scrabbling its tiny limbs in the air. It didn’t seem to have a head.

Yuta placed it gently on the ground, and it shot away faster than Dennis’ eyes could track it, vanishing beneath the rotting leaves that covered the ground. He adjusted his tie nervously, his hand shaking and a shiver running down his spine. The Ranger hissed something in Borealan and walked away from him, resuming her tracking.

“It is harmless.” Xhe translated, her tone slightly mocking.

“Well how was I to know that?” Dennis asked, indignant. “Looks like a goddamned snake to me.” He trotted to catch up to Xhe, straightening his jacket and trying to regain his composure.

“What is a snake?” she asked him as she took his hand and helped him over a root.

“A long, brightly colored reptile from Earth, very venomous.”

“That animal was a ... blue as the sky many legs. I’m sorry, very little can be directly translated from Borealan to English.”

Dennis chuckled, his fear of the creature evaporating. Who could be afraid of something with such a stupid name?

“I get the impression that Yuta doesn’t think much of me.”

“Why would you care?” Xhe asked, eyeing him curiously.

“No reason,” he replied with a shrug.

“As I told you in the shuttle, many Borealans consider Rangers to be antisocial. They spend their whole lives in the jungles, only emerging to trade furs and exotic meats. Above all, they value self-sufficiency and hardiness.”

“Well that rules me out,” Dennis muttered.

“Ambassador, why do you value the opinions of those of lower social standing? Must everyone approve of you in order for you to be satisfied? What does it matter if Yuta does not respect you? She will obey, or she will be punished.”

“Maybe it’s just a human thing,” Dennis said, as he pushed awkwardly through a patch of thick ferns. “On Earth, we have this thing called democracy, it’s a political system but also kind of an ideology where the opinion of each individual matters and is taken into account. Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, weak or powerful, every person gets their say. We tend to care what people think, their opinion of us. It’s kind of jarring to me, the way that you dismiss people offhand.”

“You sound like you don’t approve,” Xhe replied, an accusatory tone in her voice.

“I wouldn’t presume to know what’s best for Borealans, but do you really just see Yuta and anyone below your rank as ... somehow of less value?”

“You misunderstand the concept of a pack, Ambassador. If I am the hand, then the pack are my fingers. I do not care to hear the opinion of a finger, the finger must work alongside the others in order to accomplish the task, but what is a hand without fingers? Impotent, useless. Every Borealan has value in our society, everyone had a place.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.