NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY - Cover

NOBEL TREASURE MYSTERY

 

Chapter 10

Before the road trip, Linda had a very good idea, looking for a Roman Numeral on the bottom of every Gold and Silver Bar. The sisters did that together, with Mary writing down ever number found, and whether it was Gold or Silver.

Linda also had a geographic placed idea, to plot every address we had a Trust Deed for. It was an interesting enough idea, and I wasn’t having to pick all of our Gold and Silver poundage.

Two hours later, we took a break for pizza.

During it, we discussed our projects to the others. Mary was proud to announce, “The largest number we found was ‘CCLCXXXXXIII’ or #303.”

I immediately realized the significance of that, we only had 113 total bars, to date. That must have meant there were 190 more of them, at least, likely all over the country in Safety Deposit Boxes, or in the homes in the walls. The smallest found was ‘XVXIIII,’ which could have been #29 or #19, since neither of them had been found either.

GGGGGGG Alfred, if he created it, may have been smelling or smoking one of dynamites original three base ingredients, Nitroglycerin, Diatomaceous Earth, and Sodium Carbonate, at the time.

I also made the point that we had might as well start our hunt ASAP, to which they both agreed.


After getting everything back the way it was, everyone packed up some clothes and we were off, first to Indianapolis. I drove as the girls Google Mapped the addresses on the three Deeds we had and headed to the plotting.

The dates were in early September 1853 and were all non-existent. Where they used to be now is the Crooked TIC Golf Club. Interesting?

We found the oldest bank within the area, and walked in with our Deeds of Trust asking for help.

“OH, DEAR GOD, FINALLY,” the young black man said.

“I’m sorry,” he said, “We have been waiting and hoping for someone to come in and make a claim. We have no room in our Safety Deposit Box room, and it is mainly from those three properties. Follow me, please? My name is Gerald Bones!”

He got there and said, “We normally have a rule for only two people at a time, but I can let you all in. Are you planning on removing it all?”

“That would depend. Can we see what’s inside, please?”

He went right down to the biggest boxes, and opened one for me. He left us alone, and I pulled out eleven gold bars, some more old cash and some more deeds. Linda brought in a lighted strong amplifier, and they found Gold Bar #XVII which was quite exciting.

“Gerald,” I said having stepped out.

“Yes, Sir, what can I do for you?”

“You can help us get a Brinks Truck to take this all with us,” I said.

“Yeah. Give me a moment, would you please?”

He came back rather excited, “A full-sized truck is on its way, Sir.”

“My name is Henry, thank you Gerald.”


Within 35 minutes, we had opened all the 44 SDBs with 55 Gold Bars, 22 more Silver Bars, and about 60 Deeds. No foreign money this time, which I found fascinating.

Brinks arrived, with three gentlemen. One kept his hand on his gun, and the others took 15 bricks at a time, putting it in their truck. They got it all in asking where it was going. I answered, then they surprised me saying, “Can we just follow you, Sir?” and we headed straight home to Nashville. They didn’t ask, so I expressed we should exchange numbers in case we got separated.

We got the four boxes of Deeds in and turned to get on US65 and went home. A frikking Brinks truck was following us with about $3,000,000 in Gold and Silver Bars.

About five minutes after driving through Louisville, I indeed got a call, from Officer O’Reilly and explained we lived in South Nashville. He thanked me and we kept going. I hope he has enough gas to get there.

We pulled up to our home at six pm, and they stopped by backing into our driveway.

We got out, opened the garage, and directed them to put them on the boxes against the back spreading them out. I had Mary get a blanket, and when the three men where finished, she covered the goods.

I carefully went to all three men and extended my hand in thanks. The guy who was holding his weapon, couldn’t, but the others did.

They all got back in the truck, and drove off. That was cool.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.