The Magic Bus

by Meatbot

Copyright© 2016 by Meatbot

Romantic Sex Story: A soldier returning home via a cross-country bus ride meets and falls in love with a young girl traveling alone.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Heterosexual   Fiction   First   Oral Sex   Petting   .

I got lucky. Tricky Dick shut the war down before I had to cross the pond, and I finished my time out in California. I finally got out, not a moment too soon, and hung around a while, looking for work. Looking for something to do that I enjoyed, but didn’t have much luck. The weather was great, at least. I really liked California, but I finally decided it was time to go back home. It was spring and I was ready to be back in the mountains. I closed my room out, counted my cash, and bought a cross-country bus ticket, from San Francisco to Hickory, North Carolina.

I was a little shocked to find out it would take five days for the trip. Damn ... the bus stopped at every little goddam town from here to there, almost. I could hitch in two if I had good luck ... what the hell, I decided ... it was cheap and I got tired of walking beside the road with my thumb out. Plus, I had a fair amount of shit to carry.

I had almost twelve hours before the bus left so went and got something to eat, and camped out in the bus station, trying to keep an eye on my stuff. The place alternated from crowded to empty on a minute-by-minute basis. There were a few people there for the long haul and I kinda got to know a few of them by sight. It wasn’t my nature to talk much, though, and I kept to myself.

I noticed the girl at once. She was young, a kid, but so what, so was I, almost, I was just a little over twenty, then. I guessed she was thirteen, fourteen or so. She was cute, hell, she was more than cute, she was beautiful. She had long, silky dark brown hair, almost black. Two big brown eyes. A cute little pixie face with an upturned pug nose. Her lips were full and just damn sexy, I thought. I’d do that, I thought, glancing at her and trying not to stare. I’d do that. But, hell ... I’d do anything, almost. She was special, though.

She just had a small suitcase that she held onto it for dear life. She was wearing a ragged pair of jeans and an old yellow t-shirt shirt that was a few sizes too big. Her shoes were just sandals. I wondered where she was going and which bus she’d be on. I hoped, of course, that she was going to be on mine.

I slept, and awoke with a start, looking around to see if my stuff had been stolen while I slept. Nope, it hadn’t. I looked around. The girl was right across from me now, she’d moved while I slept. She was asleep now, her head back, her mouth open, and her arms carelessly thrown down on the two seats next to her. Her feet were on the suitcase. I just sat there and stared at her, falling in love. That didn’t mean anything, I’d already fallen in love with the lady at the ticket counter, and the gal at the restaurant I ate at. I liked this little girl, though, I liked her a lot.

Somebody announced something on the intercom and the girl jumped and woke up. She looked around and when she looked at me I smiled at her. She gave me a what-the-hell-are-you-looking-at look and settled back into her seat. I looked at my watch. Two more fucking hours. Jeezus.

On impulse, I leaned across the aisle towards her. I was kinda shy, but the urge to talk to this one was strong, stronger than my shyness. I would be happy just to talk to her even if she said no, I thought. She saw my movement out of the corner of her eye and looked at me.

“Wanna go get something to eat?” I said. “I got some money ... and it might be a while before the bus stops tonight.”

She just looked at me like I was a retard or something. I got ready for her rejection. The station was fairly deserted at the moment and in the silence I distinctly heard her stomach growl from across the aisle. I knew it would probably piss her off for me to laugh, but it struck me as funny, for some reason, I guess because I’d just mentioned food to her. I smiled and only laughed a little, my body shaking. She did look pissed, then, but only for a moment ... she giggled, too, and I was pleased.

“I...” she said, “I guess so ... if you don’t mind...”

“No, I’d be delighted,” I said, pleased. I could immediately tell from her accent that she was a mountain girl. I could almost place her within a hundred miles of where I’d grown up. I smiled and stood. I gathered up my suitcases and she stood, picking up her small one. On impulse I stuck my hand out, and said, “I’m Robert, by the way.”

“I’m Willow,” she said. “Willow Ambrighton.”

“Pleased to meet you,” I said, and she nodded. We shook hands. Her hand felt small in mine. It was almost exciting to just touch her. I’m gettin’ desperate, I thought. That was nothing new. I was pretty much desperate all the time. We left the station and went up the street where the eating places were. I led her to a little hamburger place and we sat and ordered.

“Where you goin’?” I asked, and she grimaced.

“All the way across the country,” she said. “A little town named Hiddenite.”

“Hiddenite? North Carolina?” I was shocked. That was barely twenty miles from where I’d grown up, where my people were. Shit. She was a neighbor.

“Yes,” she said soberly, looking at me.

“I grew up in Hickory,” I explained, and she nodded.

“Yeah, I got an uncle lives there,” she said. I nodded. Small world.

“Gonna take five days to get there,” I said, and she nodded again.

“How’d you come to be out here?” I asked.

“I spent the summer with my aunt and uncle,” she explained. “My ma died last winter, and my pa sent me out here. He’s a trucker and he was supposed to come get me but they changed his route so he had to send me money for the bus.”

“I see,” I said. Interesting. This girl was gonna be on my bus for the next five days. I hoped, now that we were acquainted, that she’d sit with me. That would help pass the time, having a pretty girl with me, even if she was just a kid. Maybe this won’t be that bad, I thought.

She wolfed her burger down, and an order of fries. She ate enough ketchup to float a battleship. I think she was hungry.

“How long you been at the station?” I asked.

“Two days,” she said. “My uncle had to bring me up Tuesday, then go back to work.”

Shit. That was a long time, for a little kid.

“You eat anything since then?” I asked, half joking. I mean, damn, the way she’d eaten that burger, not to mention her stomach growling.

“No ... I don’t got no money...” she said, shyly.

“Shit,” I said. “You mean, they put you on a five day bus ride, without any money? What was you gonna do, eat from trash cans?”

“Well, I thought I’d have some, but the ticket was more than my pa thought, I guess ... it used up almost all of it...”

“Well, shit,” I said. “Stick with me, I’ll buy you lunch and dinner. A kid shouldn’t have to go hungry.”

“You don’t have to...” she started, but I interrupted her.

“Yes, I do, you can’t go hungry,” I had over two hundred bucks and it wasn’t that big a deal. I couldn’t stand the idea of a pretty girl like her starving or eating from trash cans. Or having to beg for her dinner.

“Thank you ... Robert...” she said, looking embarrassed.

“Don’t think nothin’ of it,” I said. “Forget it, let’s just get on with the trip.”

I put a quarter on the table and we dragged all our crap back to the station. She sat next to me, then, right next to me, and that pleased me greatly. I realized that now it was virtually certain that she’d sit next to me on the bus. How cool, I thought.


Finally, just a few minutes before the bus was supposed to leave they called for us to board. We took our stuff out and let them throw it in the belly of the bus and got onboard. I chose a row a not quite in the middle, although the bus didn’t have a bathroom. I knew better than to sit over the wheels.

I went past the seat and let her sit by the window. We sat and waited and finally the driver got onboard. Most everybody was on by then and he pulled out, into traffic.


I was right. We were gonna stop at every goddam little town we came to. We barely got out of the city before we stopped and two more people got onboard. Shit, I thought. This was gonna take forever. I laughed. Five days, that were gonna seem like forever. I looked at the girl next to me. Maybe it wouldn’t be that bad.

Willow was glued to the window until we made it out of town. She finally turned to me and spoke.

“What’d you do, out here...” she asked. I spent a few minutes giving her the Reader’s Digest condensed version of my life, my time in the Air Force out here in California. She nodded, seeming to be interested in my dull life.

“What you gonna do now, when you get home?” she asked.

“I dunno,” I said, “I guess just look for a job and live at home for a while, if they’ll let me.”

“Think they will?” she asked.

“Yeah ... my mom will be okay with it ... my dad will, if I get a job and act like I’m trying to make it on my own...”

“Good,” she said. She sighed, and sat back. “My dad don’t act like he likes me any more. I think he couldn’t wait for me to get out here and out of his hair.”

“I’m sorry...” I said, not really knowing what to say.

“S’okay,” she said. “I’m thinkin’ ‘bout asking one of my aunts if I can live with her. She understands me she likes me.”

“I hope it works out for you,” I said, and I really did. She seemed like a good kid. I was sorry she’d lost her mother.


The rest of the day passed, quick enough. I was right, it really helped to have a friendly face sitting next to me. A pretty, friendly face.

That night even my stomach was growling when we finally pulled off the road in Podunksville, Arizona. There were two eating joints close, the driver announced, and he’d give us forty-five minutes. But don’t be late.

Willow and I picked one of the places at random and went inside and sat. A girl came and gave us menus and we ordered.

“Thanks again, Robert,” Willow said, and I smiled at her.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it,” I said.

“Someday maybe I’ll get a job and pay you back,” she said and we laughed. I kinda hoped, I thought to myself, that I still knew her that far in the future, when she could get a job. That would be cool. I knew most of the girls in Hickory pretty well, and this little girl was classier than most of them. All of them. I could tell she would be a real beauty when she grew up, she was well along that path, already.

We ate, and hurried back to the bus. We killed the last fifteen minutes just walking around the terminal, stretching our legs. Finally we got on board and the journey resumed.

Willow and I talked, and talked and talked. She told me all about her life, and she made me sad, somewhat, I think that she’d never felt like she belonged or she was wanted. I mean, I had problems with my family, but at least I felt loved. I think that she didn’t, though. She told me her dad had said that she was a mistake, she was unplanned, and unwanted. A kid should never be told that shit, even if it was true. That made me feel bad for her.

I told her my whole tale, which, of course, didn’t take but a minute or two. I was a kid, then I went to school, then I joined the Air Force because so I wouldn’t be drafted into the army. That was about it.

“Robert,” she said, “You got a girl, back home?”

I was silent a moment. I almost didn’t want to tell her the truth, I wanted her to think I was a stud or something.

“Naw...” I finally said, laughing a little, disparagingly.

“It’s okay,” she said, “The right one just ain’t come along yet.”

“Yeah,” I said, “Yeah.”


It was almost midnight when I looked at my watch. I got two blankets from the overhead, and we curled up beneath them. The bus was fairly new and in good shape, and it rode smoothly. I was used to sleeping in strange places and positions, so it wasn’t a problem. I conked out almost immediately, waking every few hours or every time we stopped at a town. Willow seemed as comfortable as I’d been and she just slept like a log. She didn’t even wake up when we stopped and started. Finally, about five in the morning I woke her when we came up to a terminal, and asked her if she wanted to go inside. We stumbled off the bus, went to the johns, and stretched our legs in the cool morning air.

I made some jokes about our fellow passengers, and she giggled helplessly. I could make her laugh, at least. We finally got back on board and crawled beneath our blankets. To my surprise she kind of snuggled up next to me, as best she could with the divider between our seats. I felt her arm touching mine, and her face as almost on my shoulder. I was content to let her and she felt nice and warm.

I woke about eight that morning, my ass tingling, asleep. I wanted to walk around bad, but we were on a long stretch. I figured we were halfway through Arizona by now. I carefully turned and regarded the girl next to me. Her head was leaned again my upper arm, and she was so close she was almost blurry. Her closeness excited me and I wished her face was turned up instead of down. I felt a twitch from my dick, and I thought, you silly bastard, she’s just a kid. Get outta here.

I just sat there for a while, looking at her. I closed my eyes for a while, and when I finally opened them, her eyes were open and she was watching me. We both giggled and she sat up and looked out the window.

“Where we at?” she said and I shook my head. No idea.

A bit after that we stopped for breakfast and I bought her a plate of bacon and eggs. It was good, I had one too. She thanked me again, profusely and I told her that I enjoyed doing it, and she didn’t have to thank me every time. She disagreed and I accepted it. We returned to the bus.

It was a long day. As empty as Arizona and New Mexico seemed, there was a lot of damn people wanting to ride the bus. We were crawling.

Willow was great fun that day, she seemed like she’d warmed up to me. She sat sideways and put her feet on top of mine. I found a deck of cards and we played most of the day. I tried to teach her how to play poker and to her credit she caught on pretty quick. She slept for an hour after lunch, and then we talked some more. The more she talked the more I felt for her, and I realized that she’d had a hard life for a kid. She came from a family of dirt-poor farmers in Hiddenite and she had never seemed to catch a break since. I hoped things went better for her when she got back. She didn’t seem to have much hope that they would.

“What you gonna do when you get outa school,” I asked her, and she just shook her head.

“I dunno, I guess work at Macklinburg or somethin’, they got a factory nearby. Prolly eventually get married and have a few young’uns.”

We both laughed at that. I hoped for better for her. It occurred to me that she wasn’t that much younger than me. When she got a little older, it’d seem like less, even. I still wished I was a few years younger. Most people my age were in a hurry to grow up but now that I’d met her, I was wishin’ I was younger.

I tried to give her some hope for her future, although I’m probably not the best at comforting people. She seemed to appreciate it at least.

That night, I leaned towards her, as we bedded down. She leaned towards me, and the sides of our faces touched. Well, she was down more towards my neck, because I’m taller than her. The top of her head touched my cheek, basically. But it didn’t seem to bother her that we touched, at least.

I realized about this time, with a shock, that I loved her. I honestly, completely loved her. Why? I asked myself. Just because she was there? Just because she was available? Just because we were thrown together like this?

I was stupid about falling in love. I’d fallen in love before, probably a thousand times at least. I just had to see a girl sometimes, to fall in love with her. I had fallen in love with the backs of girl’s heads at traffic stops. I’d never managed to get it reciprocated, though. And I was pretty sure that this was about the most hopeless one of them all.

Anyway, we sat there as the bus hummed through New Mexico, and I could feel the warmth from her body seeping into me. I could feel her breath on my collarbone and smell a light, girlish scent that I knew was her. Something inside of me almost cried, I loved her so much, at that instant. I wanted so bad just to take her in my arms and tell her that everything was going to be okay. It hurt me that I couldn’t.

“Robert,” she whispered, and I felt my dick lurch, again. “Goodnight. And thank you, again.”

“Goodnight, Willow,” I said. And, I added in my head, I love you. Goodnight, darling.


I woke up that night as the motor of the bus slowed. We stopped, somebody got off, and we started back up again. I felt some movement from Willow and looked down at her in the flickering light from a solitary streetlight.

Her eyes were open and staring at me. Her head was turned to me and mine to her. We regarded each other from just inches away. Her face was raised, and I felt her sweet breath on my face. I loved her that moment more than I’d ever loved anything in my life. Love seared my soul, burning inside me, and something inside me died just a little bit, because I felt helpless, I loved her but I couldn’t tell her. I opened my mouth to say something but I didn’t know what to say. She smiled gently. She leaned even closer.

“Robert,” she said, whispering so softly I could barely hear her, “Thanks again.”

I didn’t speak, I just moved my mouth. You’re welcome, I mouthed. She leaned closer. And closer. I could feel the breath from her nose on my chin, she was so close. She gently touched my lips with hers, for maybe three seconds. That thing that had died inside me came back to life. Something inside me began to sing.

She lay her head down, leaning forward, and placed her head on my chest. I could smell her hair, and my stupid dick started to get hard again. It was the sexiest thing that had ever happened to me. I lay back, breathing in her smell, loving her.

I think she slept some more, she slid further and further down my chest. I finally took her in both my arms and held her so she didn’t fall in the floor. I never slept, I was content to just sit there and hold her, I was more content than I’d ever been. All to quickly it was morning. We stopped for breakfast.


We played poker all the way through New Mexico. By the time we hit Oklahoma she owed me several million dollars. Oklahoma amazed me, as it had on the way out to California. A whole state, and not one single mountain. Barely any hills. I couldn’t believe people would live there. We ate at a little truck stop thing in Oklahoma City, and I vulgarly abused the locals for their willingness to settle in such a harsh, unpleasant land. Of course, I kept my voice low, some of the cowboys looked pretty tough. I told Willow about my friend from the air force, John, who was an Okie, a hard drinkin’ ass kickin’ cowboy. If I’d had time I would have looked him up.

We talked that afternoon and evening. I talked frankly with Willow, telling her of my unhappy love life and how I craved someone who understood me and loved me for what I was. Whatever the hell that was, even I wasn’t sure about that. She was sympathetic and I loved her all the more for that. For her attitude towards me, a person she’d just met.

When it finally got dark we huddled down, sharing a blanket. I wished that the seat dividers could be removed. We put our heads together, and talked some more. I felt intimate with her, I felt a closeness that I’d never felt before with any girl. The darkness got darker and darker. She got closer and closer to me, and finally she was half over the divider, her face next to my head, whispering in my ear.

“Robert,” she finally said, after a long pause.

“What,” darling, I added, as I’d begun to think to myself.

“I ... I don’t wanna make you mad...” she said.

“Honey,” I said, “You couldn’t make me mad if you tried,”

She was silent again, for the longest time. I wondered what she was trying to say.

“Robert,” she said, her whisper barely audible. I strained to hear her. “I think ... I think I love you.”

My heart sang, it positively screamed. I felt water in my eyes and I squeezed them shut, squeezing the tears out of them.

I put my head next to her ear. I felt my lips touch her beautiful ear.

“I love you too, darling,” I said. Unwisely, I know. But, it was true. I loved her with a passion I’d never felt before. I wanted to melt with her. I wanted to be her, I loved her so much.

I pulled back. We looked at each other. Then, thinking the same thing at the same time, we did what people in love usually do. We kissed. Our lips gently met, and I held my breath as I kissed her. She was sweet, sweet to kiss. We broke apart, each taking a gulping breath, and pressed our mouths together again.

A minute passed. I felt her breath from her nostrils on my cheek, and I finally breathed before I passed out. Finally we pulled apart.

“What do we do now?” she asked, and I knew exactly what she meant. What she was asking. What do we do about being in love? I didn’t know, really. It got complicated really quick when I thought about it.

“Darlin’,” I finally whispered. “Let’s just get home and then we’ll worry about it. You’ll be close enough I can call you and I can borrow the truck and see you sometimes ... if you can get away...”

“Yeah, that won’t be a problem,” she said.

“Willow...” I said. I felt like I had to tell her the truth.

“Yeah?” she said.

“Darlin’...” I wanted her to know the truth, but I didn’t want to discourage her. “Darlin’, this won’t be easy ... I’m six years older than you...”

“I know,” she said. “I know, but it don’t matter, if we love each other.”

“Yeah, I know,” I said. I wondered about her, I wondered if she really did love me or if it was just puppy love. I knew how strong my love for her was already and I wondered if she was as capable of love as I was, at her tender age.

I stole a last quick kiss. “Darling,” I said, “I love you. I love you.”


She slept, laying on my lap. I’m sure the divider was uncomfortable, and she was too low for me to properly hold in my arms like I wanted, but I treasured her closeness. I watched her sleep for a while, wondering if I’d started something that would outlast this little trip. Well, she’d started it, as well as I. I’m surprised, in retrospect, that she ever had the nerve to tell me she loved me, but I’m glad she did. I don’t know if I’d have ever had the nerve to say it out loud myself.

At the next stop, when we got back on the bus we moved to the very back. Back where the bathroom would have been if the bus had a bathroom. I was glad it didn’t. There was a couple three rows ahead of us, but at the moment the bus was only about half full. We had some privacy. I’d bought some chips and candy bars at a small grocery store and we ate and giggled and talked.

It was a wonderful day, as I remember it. I was in love with a girl that thought she was in love with me, too. I felt an anticipation, for the night. For the cover of darkness. I knew we’d kiss some more, at least.

Sure enough, when darkness fell, Willow crawled right on into my lap. She faced down, laying on my body, straddling my legs with hers. Her face was right in mine, and I could smell her potato chip-flavored breath. I got a Coke from the bag and we both had a drink. It was dark in the back of the bus, blessedly dark.

She started it. I was going to let it happen that way, I was going to let her set the pace. She drifted closer and closer, and finally our lips touched. She was a good kisser. Within just two or three kisses, I felt her little tongue in my mouth. We kissed for longer and longer times. It just got sweeter and sweeter.

I said I’d let her set the pace. And I did, somewhat, but I did slide my hands further and further down her waist until they were on the belt loops of her jeans. I wanted bad to put my hands right on her butt, her sweet little butt, but I was going to go slow.

We just kissed and kissed. She finally put her face beside mine, and we whispered to each other for an hour. I told her how much I loved her, I told her when I first realized that I loved her, and how glad I was that she’d admitted it to me. I asked her if she’d ever been in love before. Not for real, she said. I told her how easy I fell in love, but that I thought this time it was for real. I wanted to ask her if hers was just puppy love but I didn’t want to offend her. I thought ... if it is, if it’s just for a bus ride, I’ll take what I can get and walk away happy. If that’s the way it is, I’ll just hope sometime in my life again to be this happy. To feel this way.

 
There is more of this story...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.