The Accident - Cover

The Accident

Copyright© 2016 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 10

I could be an asshole and lie about it ... so I will.

I asked Grace.

“Lookit, sister mine. All I want is a date for the prom,” I said. The sister mine had her Immediate attention. Let’s face ... I’d never admitted she was related to me by thought, word or deed. Did I expect she’d fall all over herself to help her brother?

Yes.

Did she?

No.

Grace is smarter than I’d like to admit. She got that evil sister smile.

“Ok ... I’ll order a dress.”

“Whoa. Whoa, Whoa!” I said. “I said, DATE.”

“And I said I’ll go.” She grinned even eviler. Is that a word? Eviler? One thing for sure ... she did it. “What? You expected I’d set you up with one of my friends? David ... be real.

“Mom ... David’s taking me to the prom! I’ll need that dress we looked at.”

From the depths of the kitchen, Mom said, “Surely you can do better than that. David?” She sighed. “Grace? Have you lost your mind?”

“He’s the only offer I’ve had.”

“Keep your options open, Grace. Crazy Jack Hyatt would be better than David.”

Crazy Jack is a famous serial killer and rapist our jail was housing because it was more secure than the state prison. Daddy was his court appointed local attorney. Mom knew all about Jack.

Mom came out of the kitchen, “David ... Grace?”

“All the Junior and Senior girls are taken ... or doing something important that day. None of the freshmen and sophomore girls are willing. Grace saw to that.” I said. “Mom ... some of them laughed in my face. No wasn’t good enough.”

“You should have been ni...”

“Yes, mom. I know.”

So ... I am ... tentatively ... taking my sister to the Senior Prom.

Tentatively? you ask.

There’s still Junior High.

Two weeks to prom. “Grace ... what flowers?” Seventh and Eighth grades were a strike out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.