Learning Assistance - Cover

Learning Assistance

Copyright© 2016 by radio_guy

Chapter 24

After a day at sea, we docked in Cartagena before we woke. We had coffee on the balcony while watching the people below us work.

We couldn’t wait too long because we, along with Elena and Marco, were going on a morning walking tour of the walled city portion of the city. Karen’s folks and Missus Marisol would take a coach ride. Annette warned us to wear good shoes and prepare for heat. The four of us left with Isabella watching over us to the SUV for the trip to the start of the tour. We rode there and then joined others for the walking tour. Annette had arranged for us to have lunch upon completion of the tour and then be brought back to the boat. We had a wonderful time capped by a great meal. When we returned to the boat, we decided to meet at the gold level pool and did. We sat out and talked some more about the old city that we saw.

Karen’s parents and Missus Marisol joined us but stayed in shade though were close to the four of us. They had enjoyed their trip, too. We all stayed out until time to get dressed for dinner.

We had another wonderful dinner and went dancing. Later, we enjoyed each other in bed.

In the morning, we woke to Aruba. This would be a day of diving with Sheila for us. Karen’s parents planned to do a little shopping led by Isabella and take things easy. We had a quick breakfast, donned our red suits with shorts and joined Elena and Marco with Sheila for diving.

We had a wonderful time. At lunch, Sheila had the boat docked at a wonderful pier with a restaurant built onto the pier. We ate fresh seafood cooked over a grill with vegetables from shore. It was wonderful. We went back out and dived some more. We motored back to our boat in time to dress for dinner.

During that evening, our boat left Aruba and sailed for Bonaire arriving early in the morning.

We would tour with Karen’s parents today. The tour would take us to a distillery where rum was made from cactus and to a parrot place. As usual, a great eatery was on the list also. We had a quick breakfast and left. We were in a stretch SUV and Elena, Marco, and Missus Marisol were with us. We had a wonderful time and purchased four bottles of rum to take back home. We could have gone to a beach or diving but that suited all of us this day. We returned in time for dinner and a show.

Sometime during the night our boat left. We would spend this day sailing. Karen wanted to spend some time sunning at the pool and some other time roaming the decks. We did and wore red. My wife and I attracted attention wherever we went. Fortunately, that was the extent of it.

While we walked, we talked. I said, “I’m surprised about one thing, my love.” She looked at me curiously. “I’m getting blasé about this trip. I’m beginning to think that the travel agent was right. Two weeks is a long time.”

Karen chuckled. “I’ve been thinking that, too. Looking at our journal, we’re sounding like a travelogue.”

“Yeah, it makes our lives sound like fun but there is no excitement.”

“Lover, that’s normal for most people most of the time. We’ve been lucky and I don’t want to push it.”

“Karen, we have five more stops before we finally dock in Miami. What should we plan?”

“Nothing special though everything is special. We’ll just continue to have a good time and enjoy this time for us and for your parents. Brad, you are all the excitement that I want or need. I’m sure it will be good for us.”

We lazed the remainder of the day away. We returned to our suite, dressed, and went to dinner with Karen’s folks. The four of us had a wonderful time.

All four of us chose dancing tonight. I think we got better by listening and performing under the instruction of Annette and Sergei. Dancing with Karen is delightful because we fit so well.

Tomorrow would find us in Martinique.

This would be a dive day with Sheila. We were looking forward to it. Karen’s parents would tour a little and then take it easy on the boat. We enjoyed our dive. There were only three couples on this trip with the older couple from a prior trip joining Elena and Marco and us on this trip. It was peaceful and unhurried. Knowing the limited number on the trip, a lunch was packed and we ate on a tiny spit of land. After lunch, we went on diving once again before returning to the boat.

Tonight, we would watch the show. Annette said it was probably the one that was performed the best. We enjoyed it.

That night, we talked to Rudolph and then made love before going to sleep. The boat moved on heading for St. Thomas.

Karen and I signed up for the Coral World tour. Her parents and Elena and Marco would also join us. Annette arranged for a big taxicab to hold all six of us. We went and had a wonderful time. Being in the water with the sea turtles was an amazing experience. We returned to the ship late in the afternoon tired but happy. No one had caused us any trouble. We had a wonderful seafood dinner that evening followed by dancing as our boat moved on.

In the morning, we woke to two days in Puerto Rico. We had docked at San Juan and would remain there for the two days. Annette told us it was to give passengers time to enjoy and get to know the island.

She recommended that we tour Old San Juan and Castillo San Cristóbal today in a guided tour. She also offered a dinner excursion if there was interest. This all occurred at breakfast. The four of us signed up for it as did Elena and Marco. Two other couples also signed up. It should be a long and fun time. The other two couples were a mother and daughter each with their spouse group. I thought it would make a good mix.

Annette suggested that tomorrow be reserved for water adventures or shopping or just sunning. She said that a tour of the Bacardi factory would also be available. We signed up for that for our second morning. Our afternoon, we decided, would be spent on the boat taking things easy.

We would be picked up by our guide and bus shortly so we had breakfast and left the boat. It was a fun group. The two new couples to our happy troupe were Mary and Joe and Sylvia and Frank. Joe acknowledged that they were frequently kidded about their names.

Mary said, “It gets worse around Christmas.” We all chuckled.

We enjoyed our tour and the walking. I worried about Karen’s mother a bit but she seemed to enjoy her time. She and Karen talked.

A little later, Karen told me that, although the ship’s motion was minimal, it had affected her slightly and she was enjoying walking on solid ground. Karen had talked her into taking motion sickness pills when we returned later.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.