Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 3: Rakmon Penitentiary

Year 5820 of New Earth’s colander.

Zax is forty five years old, looks over sixty, assume by the Kon Juya Constabulary to be a few millenniums old, feels like a corpse.

Not that any of it mattered.

...

U Plain, Rakmon Penitentiary Star.

The Lunar Splitter halted before the planet that was thousands of times larger than Ercas Mir. Its composition, as well as that of the entire humongous Plain, was governed by a far more complex set of natural laws, then those of the Milky Way Plain.

The door to the incarceration vault opened for the second time since Zax was confined to it. A one star Constable, without saying a word, used her elemental energy to force him to faint and carry him out.

After Zax, the Constable proceeded to another vault and another, along five more Constables who were tasked similarly.

Soon, the hundred and fifty survivors of Ercas Mir and New Earth’s catastrophe were moved to a tube shaped construct and secured within vertical pods.

In a different location, the Lunar Splitter’s bridge, Sergeant Heyxin sat on a rotating tall seat, viewing the prisoner transfer via the secondary screen with a bitter taste in her mouth.

“Awaiting your command, Sergeant”. A black uniformed woman behind a workstation said.

Among mortals, the Kon Juya Constabulary enlisted only Martial Mortals, stipulating black uniforms as their dress code.

“Deliver them”. She set aside her dissatisfaction and ordered.

“Yes, Sergeant”. The woman replied.

The tube shaped construct was ejected from the Lunar Splitter and dropped to the rocky planet.

Sergeant Heyxin got up and left the bridge to the docking bay. She entered a one person spacecraft, activated it and set course to the Rakmon Penitentiary’s headquarters.

Of course she could also fly using her Immortal energy, but the worldly elemental energies in the U Plain were both dense and inflexible. For a Heavenly Immortal to fly in the U Plain’s space would be as if he or she are walking neck deep through a quagmire. Sacred Immortals like Sergeant Heyxin would have it a little easy, but still uncomfortable and time consuming.

Eight minutes later, the spacecraft landed in a twenty thousand acres’ compound.

Gray uniforms guards received her with Martial Mortal cultivation base. Sergeant Heyxin ignored them and flew directly to the headquarters’ main building.

“Chief Inspector Nazalat, Warden Sil Dong”. Upon entering the bleak warden’s office, she greeted the two men already there who shared a bottle of red wine.

Chief Inspector Nazalat, commander of the Lunar Second Brigade, was a beast in humanoid form. His animalistic head had red feathered and the structure of a fox’s skull. Six golden stars adorned his white and silver uniforms. He was in the Mythical rank.

Warden Sil Dong was a different kind of Being. He had a thin torso with eight fat tentacles for arms and a pair of tiger legs, his head resembled a regular white, fat human’s head, but in addition to his blue eyes he actually had eight more pairs of closed eye that were hard to notice. His uniforms were gray, showcasing a black, glossy badge of three diamonds and three pickaxes. He, too, was a Mythical Immortal.

“I did not need you here, Sergeant Heyxin”. Chief Inspector Nazalat dismissed.

“Chief Inspector, I want to help identify the Infernal in the field, not from the Lunar Splitter”. Sergeant Heyxin requested.

It was all because the Infernal ... the bad feeling she had since the order to transfer the hundred and fifty survivors to the Rakmon Penitentiary.

The risk of his existence being true resulted in a damnable future for all one hundred and forty nine other survivors, whom otherwise could have been relocated to a hospitable Star, per the customary protocol.

The unfairness of the matter angered Sergeant Heyxin, but she had to obey her Chief Inspector, not to mention the Kon Juya Constabulary’s rules.

“You will have to conform to the Rakmon Penitentiary’s regulations. Will you be able to do it?”

...

The Rakmon Penitentiary was originally a mining company that was specifically established to obtain mining rights on the previously named “Rakmon Star”.

The target mineral of the old mining company, which to date is still quite rare through the First Valley yet forms naturally in the Rakmon Star, is called “Ever Pure Solid”.

Ever Pure Solid is basically a natural solid concentration of element energy that can complement any of the seven elements and last forever in any environment without deteriorating.

It is a commodity that Martial Mortals can use to understand the attributes and Immortals the elements.

While five to twenty five grams of a complete Ever Pure Solid are the limits of what a first to fifth level Martial Mortals can absorb insights from, Immortals do not have a set limit and the bigger and heavier the complete Ever Pure Solid is, the more it will benefit them.

Despite the treasure trove that the Rakmon Star, the tax the old mining company had to pay was astronomical, whether they had a plentiful or dry century. As a solution to their stressful financial situation, the former owner signed a contract with the Surgic Capital, the Immortal monarchy that the U Plain is within its domain.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.