Earth's Core - Cover

Earth's Core

Copyright© 2016 by Lonahora

Chapter 1: Survivors Allocation

Waking up, something was different. His body and soul felt infirm, as if an integral part went missing, the source to his vigor, and without it he was nothing but an empty shell of himself.

Sluggishly, he got up from the cold metallic floor, his mind in the process of registering the last things he could remember.

It came to him then, a loss of immense magnitude. His heart sunk and his face was drained from color, looking even sicklier than it seemed possible. He expected a surge of piercing pain, he longed for it as he recalled it carving their last moments to his soul and how it became the only way for him to still feel them.

The pain was there, he could sense it, but it was being impaired by a strange wall and could just sip as cold drop after drop instead of erupting like a searing volcano.

There was another cold thing in him that was both foreign and somewhat familiar. He could tell it was located in his dantian region, along the Legacy Of The One’s Path’s Black Core, yet its precise whereabouts eluded him each time he tried to focus, not that in his mourning state he had the frame of mind to do so.

“Where ... am ... I?” He lifelessly looked around, but before his eyes paid attention to the place, his ears found the voice that came from his throat unrecognizable.

It was old and husky.

He placed a hand before his face and his brows slightly creased. It was shriveled and bony, not his, furthermore it seemed he was wearing plain white clothes that were not his.

He searched for a mirror or just a clean surface that can reflect his appearance.

The room was small, with two meters of floor between walls and a little over three meters to the ceiling. Despite its petite size, its two sharp corners were dark and only the round third caught a bit of light from ceiling and the single sealed window.

Standing up, he noticed his legs were bounded by bulky cuffs.

“Heavy?” He wondered more about the lack of strength than the reason he was cuffed or where. Still, he could get up and by taking tiny steps, practically rubbing his bare feet on the floor; he dragged himself to the window and put his face close to it.

For an instant he saw a face he did not know, old and wrinkled like how the rest of him looked, sounded and felt. However, the instant was cut short by the spectacular view from the other side.

It was the vastest expanse a pair of eyes could ever observe, dyed by myriad hues and shades and filled by multicolored heavenly bodies, impossible to comprehend.

It was not Ercas Mir, nor the black void of outer space, but the precarious First Valley’s encompassment of Plains.


Twelve days before he regained consciousness...

“General of the Armies!” General Beking saluted.

“Fleet Admiral!” Admiral Hamumni saluted.

“Beking, Hamumni, this is Sergeant Heyxin of the Kon Juya Constabulary’s Lunar Second Brigade”. General of the Armies Nikari introduced as formality.

The two took note of the massive Immortal’s presence and behaved unperturbedly. They were used to meeting Immortals in the Planetary Battalion and well aware of their position, that apart from saluting they may speak only when questioned.

What imposed a greater impact on the women was the condition of Ercas Mir, their home for the past thousands of years.

Just seeing the metamorphosis it underwent, they could estimate the percentage of deaths it suffered.

They were not evils, but soldiers given a role on a higher stage. Therefore, of course they felt a portion of grief, mostly for the uncultivated mortals.

“Beking, Hamumni, over there are the remaining humans, beasts and Deformed Beings that are alive. Right now they are in cataleptic state. Examined their faces and retrieved those of them owned by or joined the Planetary Battalion”. General of the Armies Nikari ordered. “Also, one of them had just experienced a successful Evolutionary Ascension. You won’t be able to sense his Heavenly aura; hence, no matter the affiliation of those you recognize I want you to point out the ones you might be familiar with and had plausible Martial culmination”.

‘An aboriginal Heavenly Immortal?!’ Both General Beking and Admiral Hamumni were shaken to their core.

They, who lived for over nine thousand years had yet to attain the Mortal Enlightenment state, were thrown off the contest by someone from this backwater Star?!

A number of names came to mind of who the person might be. One in particular boldly occupied their thoughts.

“General of the Armies”, General Beking respectfully turned to him.

‘What is it?”

“In my Golden Desert Fort there are several recruits from among the aboriginals. May I call one of them to help identify their kin?”

“Go ahead”. General of the Armies Nikari permitted and General Beking sent a transmission to the Golden Fort spacecraft.

‘Send Elijah’s students’.

Fifteen minutes later a small spaceship landed and out of it walked Neyrar, Talhera and a Lieutenant General.

They were forewarned during the short flight of the scene they are about to witness and what overall happened to New Earth.

Still, when they exited the spaceship and took a look for themselves of the cracked earth and the exposed underground world, both he and she crashed their knees on the ground.

Overwhelmed by a wave of heartache, red eyed, Neyrar issued a sorrowful wail.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.