Seasonal Daughters, Book 2 - Cover

Seasonal Daughters, Book 2

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 10

The ladies returned and their guys came over. All of us including March joined in the discussion about the wedding.

April was happy. "We found dresses for all three of us." She grinned. "Mom will be wearing the longest skirt I seen her wear since she married!"

Laura said, "I told her that this wedding is about her. Besides, I've already caught my man." She grinned at me and I grinned back.

"Dad, would you escort my grandmothers and my mother down the aisle? Mom, I want you to stand beside us when Dad gives me away. March, you will be the ring bearer though you will have to wear nice clothes." I was a little surprised but nodded. Laura had tears in her eyes as she nodded.

March nodded. "Sis, for you, I will even wear a tie." He grinned at her.

April looked at Tom who smiled gently. "April, you should drive this show. I just want to be married to you when it's over. The desire of my heart is for us to be one." He smiled at her some more. She kissed him softly.

As it turned out, the wedding was to be two weeks after graduation. The girl who had led the class in scholarship was still first in the class. Tom beat April by a thousandth of a point and was second by a hundredth. Sarah was friends with April and Tom. We had met her over the years and I think she was envious of the happiness April and Tom shared. She also had no interests outside of studying while April and Tom were active physically playing sports and earning sports scholarships to supplement their academic scholarships.

We went through the graduation ceremony with Tom and then April making their walks. We took pictures. A number of their teammates asked them to come to post-graduation parties but they declined saying that they would see most of them in church tomorrow. We went to Momma Rosa's for supper and had a great time. Tom's two sisters were present. April was polite but kept her distance from the older one. Laura whispered, "That older sister was the one who was the instigator in the troubles that April and Tom had experienced about four years ago. She was chastised by her father but never apologized. She has had her own problems over the last few years."

I nodded. The meal was fun and everyone enjoyed the joy of April and Tom in their graduations and engagement. When the meals finished, we all went our separate ways. April would go with Tom to his home for the evening. May would go with Mark to his parents' home for most of the evening. We would be alone until late because March would quickly go to sleep.

We pulled into the garage and Laura pressed the button to lower the garage door. Once it was most of the way down, she turned and we spent what felt like an hour or so kissing and touching. "Let's get March in bed. Then, Paul, take me to bed. We can be noisy and I want to be noisy while you melt me with hot, loving sex." It was an offer I didn't refuse. We put March in his bed and held hands all the way to our bedroom and I closed the door.

Much later, I heard a soft knock. "Come in." Laura and I sat up.

April came in looking happy and not happy. "Mom, Dad, I'm glad you're up. I need to vent. Tom is mad, too, but went back to his house." She came over and lay on the bed next to Laura. We looked at April curiously.

"Tom's sister, Mona, was not very nice."

I grinned. "If I were named, Mona, I wouldn't be very nice."

"I think she might be jealous. She has been through a number of men. Recently, she has gained weight and her attitude has become worse with her weight gain. She seems to blame me for having a good life when she compares mine to hers. Finally, I became tired of her digs and innuendos. I told her to lose the weight and the bad attitude. Then, maybe she would find a good man like I have found. She didn't like that and cussed at Tom and I both. Their dad heard it and stepped in. By then, I had asked Tom to take me home.

"Mister Andrews apologized for his daughter who was still shouting at me. I told him that, if she were present, I would not be in the future. When we got to the car, Tom asked if I were serious and I said that I was. I wouldn't expect him to be abused by my sister and he shouldn't expect me to accept abuse from his. I said that she wasn't there often and we would just have to avoid her from now on.

"Tom's not happy with her. She got between us, again. We are going to have to talk this through. He will support me or our marriage will be doomed. I don't understand what power she seems to have over their family. She was drunk and was hateful to Tom and his dad, too."

I said, "April, there is something wrong there. Robert's a good guy and I don't understand the attitude. My concern also goes another way. I have to wonder if Tom would become abusive. You two had serious problems a few years ago but he seems to be swayed by her and his judgment isn't good as a result. I suggest that the wedding be delayed and you make other living arrangements for school. This could be a serious issue."

Laura chimed in. "April, I don't totally agree with your father but we are together on most points. The wedding should be delayed. I think you and Tom need to undergo some additional counseling by Pastor George before finalizing a date. As I think about it, some contingency plans on living should be considered depending upon what happens over the next few days.

"Just know that your Dad and I love you and will support you regardless. You are smart and have good judgment. We trust you."

"Thanks, Mom, Dad." She wept a little. She left later for her bedroom. We didn't expect May. She was staying at Mark's house in their spare bedroom. Mark was and is an only child. His parents doted on the two of them though helped them stay true to their values.

In the morning, we all rose and prepared breakfast as we also got ready for Sunday school and church. April hadn't heard from Tom. She was troubled and angry. I noticed that her ring finger still had the engagement ring on it though. We got out and she quickly headed to her class. Laura was helping March from his seat. I said, "Did you see April's ring finger?"

"Yes, Tom should have called this morning though. He didn't and I won't be surprised if their family isn't here this morning either. Something is wrong there and it's much more than just April and Tom."

We went into Sunday school. We saw and talked to friends though Robert and Jeanette were not there. We saw April between Sunday school and church. Tom wasn't with her and she said that he hadn't been in Sunday school either. She sat with us and March. We saw May with Mark. She waved as they sat with his parents. After church, we talked with George and Jackie Gordon, Mark's parents.

Jackie said, "We enjoyed May staying with us last night."

"We enjoyed having her there and not in our home." Laura said and smirked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.