Preview

Odd Man in College

by Ernest Bywater

Copyright© 2014 by Ernest Bywater

Fiction Story: Lyn Davies is the Odd Man In - not the Odd Man Out. An Australian in a US college, Lyn is the sort to vanish into a crowd, even one as small as four people, despite many stand-out abilities. Just after Lyn graduates from high school life delivers Lyn three strikes; but this isn't baseball: Lyn is down, but not out. While trying to stand Lyn is served some fast balls, but manages them. One curve ball is what Lyn needs for a solid hit to get on with life with an unusual Pet as Therapy animal.

Tags: Teenagers   Romantic   Fiction   Military   School   Workplace   Rags To Riches   Politics   Violence  

if image doesn’t load, click reload on your browser

Cover Art

The background image is Odd Man Out by Amos Doyle usage is allowed by Creative Commons Attribution Licence. The adding of text is by Ernest Bywater. All rights to the cover image are reserved by the copyright owners.

7 April 2021 version


Author’s Note: Due to difficulties in getting official approvals I’ve not named the college used in this story, but it is very loosely based on the colleges in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area with components used from the different colleges there and other places in the USA. Nothing in this story is intended to represent any of the real colleges in the area in any way at all.

Note: UK English is used in this story, except for dialogue by a US character where US English is used in the dialogue and some nouns.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.