Lose One Find Another
Chapter 36

Copyright© 2014 by Kynlas_DK

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 36 - A most ridiculous story full of religious words and foolish writing that will anger many and please some. Read on if you dare. This is a simple story about one man who loses his whole family in a freak car accident. His story of trying to live his life, trying to find love and maybe save a few souls along the way. Proceed with caution.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction  

The next morning, Brenda and I left together to fetch Ashlee. She thought that her little Honda would be better than my Jeep. I didn't have a good argument against the idea so we took her car. When we arrived, Ashlee was getting her MRI done so we hung around the nurse's station waiting. Ashlee was brought up a little while later and after she got back in her bed, we gave hugs and kisses and waited again for her MRI to be read and then the doctor to come and give us the good news and so forth. We probably won't get out of her until after lunch. We settled in for the waiting.

By lunch time, everything was done. Nothing wrong with her brain, but her daughter kept telling the doctor that she was too tough on her so there must be something wrong with her head. We laughed but seriously, she was fine and we started to get her dressed and packed up to leave.

I brought the car around, we got piled in and home we went.

The first thing Ashlee did was take a shower. "I feel just grimey. I need a shower."

I helped her undress and made sure she was fine and didn't wash her hair and then when she was done, we put comfy clothes on her and put her on the couch with the remote.

The rest of the day was spent just attending to her. She was alive, we were all alive and just being together was enough for us.

I did call the RV company and explained what happened and rescheduled for next week our meeting. I called the charter company and explained to them that I had to reschedule for next week. They understood and it was all put to bed.

Me, taking care of Ashlee, was not a big deal. I like to take care of people and she is an easy patient. Brenda did what she could but since she is a teenager with friends, she would take off in the morning and come back to us before bedtime. She even called to let us know that she wasn't coming home at all one night. A friend of hers was having a pool party at her house and that turned into a slumber party. All in all, the time we spent together was good for us. We had a dramatic event in our lives and we made it through that event together. Let the healing begin.

Finally, it was Wednesday morning the day of our trip to New York. 6AM arrives very early in the day time. Well that was the time we had to arrive at the airport in Lee's Summit, Missouri which means that we had to be up at like 4AM in order to get across town to catch our charter after getting dressed. There is a small private airfield Lee's Summit and it was big enough for the Gulf Stream to land to pick us up. The jet is very sleek; fast looking just sitting on the ground. We were ushered aboard by the pilot and one steward and we took our seats. We were offered champagne but turned it down. I asked for a bottle of water, Ashlee did the same and Brenda took a Coke. We settled in and the steward went over what was going to happen. We were flying to Tennessee to pick up two other passengers then onto Washington D. C. where a car was waiting for us each. The people we were picking up would be going their own way while we went out own way. We didn't catch any names.

The flight was very nice. I had no idea just how fast these little jets are. When the pilot told us that we were in position to take off and to make sure our seat belts were fastened, he hit the gas and we practically shot into the sky. I tried not to act like a kid and yell like a little kid in a fast car, but I could tell that Brenda loved it. I got her attention, then threw my hands in the air and gave a big "Wooo Hoooo!" she laughed and did the same thing. Ashlee joined in and all three of us were all going "Woooo Hoooo!" as we raced off to Tennessee to pick up the other passenger. The steward looked back at us when he heard the noise and just laughed when he saw us all making the woo hoo noise waving our arms in the air.

Landing a small plane can be exciting. However planes of this caliber are not exciting. They come in to land as if on a track and land without even spilling the passenger's drinks.

We taxied to a limo sitting on the tarmac and when we pulled up, shut the engines down and opened the door, a distinguished lady got out of the car. She was with another woman who was trying to carry too many bags at the same time and not having a good time doing it. I got out of my chair and went to the door then down the stairs to lend a hand. Good thing too, the second lady took a stumble and I was there to catch her and her bags as she fell. "I've got you."

"Thank you kind sir." Her southern accent was lovely. "I do believe I caught a heel in the concrete and if you hadn't been there, I would have spilled just everything on the ground."

"It is quite alright." I helped her upright, then stooped down and helped the young lady, I can now see, to pick up the bags she was carrying.

"Thank you again sir."

"I followed her onto the plane and after she was settled, I took my seat and the steward took drink orders again. The older woman ordered scotch on the rocks, the younger woman had water and the three of us had another round of the same.

"Excuse me for asking, but I didn't catch your name." I asked the younger lady, who happened to be sitting in front of my chair.

"I am Alexandria Adams. I'm Representative Diana Black's assistant. We're just heading back to Washington D. C. from a junket back home."

"That's enough Alex. We don't need to air our laundry to everyone we meet." She wasn't harsh, but you could tell that Alex had been scolded by her boss. "Good day to you sir. I'm Diana Black, representative from the 6th district of the great state of Tennessee. Who might you be?"

I held out my hand. "My name is Paul Johnson from Kansas City. This is my family, my sweetheart Ashlee and daughter Brenda. It is good to meet you."

"You too." She drew out the last word of her sentence while looking at me. "Have we met before?"

"No ma'am. We have not met until this very day."

"Alex, do a search for me. Have Mr. Johnson and I met before?"

We sat back as Alex opened her laptop and started working. "You have not met him before."

"Then how do I know this man's face?" she kept eyeing me. Brenda and Ashlee both had smiles on their faces.

The captain told us to make sure our seatbelts were on and again, we taxied to the runway and he hit the gas. Once again we shot into the sky. I looked over to Brenda, put my hands up partially in the air and gave a little 'woo hoo!'. She burst out laughing and Ashlee did the same thing once she took her attention away from her phone.

We settled in for our ride and Alex looked at me for a minute then back to her screen and back at me again. Her eyebrows shot up and she then leaned over to her boss and spoke with her in rapid and quiet terms. Diana looked at me, then at her screen and back at me again.

I kept my eyes on Diana and nodded my head. "Yup, that's me. The luckiest man alive." I said to them.

"Mr. Johnson, it is so very good to meet you. I have to admit that I had a few tickets on that drawing and was amazed that only one person won. Congratulations."

"Thank you."

"Is it really true that you are a widower?"

"Yes it is. I lost two sons as well, don't forget about them."

Alex was watching all of this and at the mention of losing my boys, she turned around away from me and hid her face. Diana ignored her assistant and continued to grill me. "What are you doing going to Washington D. C.?"

"Actually we are on the way to Virginia to look at an RV for us. We are planning on doing some traveling of this country for a while and needed a good way to get around."

"Why not just use a car and drive that?"

"For the same reason that you and I are not on a commercial flight. It is just more convenient to have an RV. We can travel quicker with an RV. More comfortably in an RV. If the need arises, we can sleep in it for a long time without having to pay for a hotel. It really will be the perfect mode of transportation for us."

"Very well thought out. I never have been very much of a traveling person. Before I got elected to congress, I stayed home some and worked in a law firm some of the time."

Ashlee joined in the conversation, "Why did you run for congress?"

"It was completely by accident. There was a democrat in congress from the 6th district that had been there for years. He was as crooked as a country road and one of my friends said that I would make a better representative than this guy and one thing led to another and here I am. A member of congress."

"Well done." Ashlee said. "Do you have aspirations of doing anything else higher up?"

"I would love to get into the senate, but the man who holds the seat at this moment is a great guy. Very conservative and very good for Tennessee. I couldn't unseat him even if I tried."

"I have to say that being in the US House of Representatives is not a bad place to be. In my opinion." I said.

"You are right, but being in the senate is so prestigious."

"How so," Ashlee asked.

"Let me give you a little insight to politics. The only way to get reelected is by getting your face on the TV." Ashlee and I understood and nodded our heads. "I am not the head of a big committee so I don't get air time like the more senior members do. I have to go on the less popular and influential shows to get my face time and that is not every often at that. No name recognition, no money. No money, no elections. If you don't win, you don't sit. It is pretty plain and simple."

"Interesting. I had not looked at it that way." I said.

"That is pretty much the opposite of Paul here. The only reason you know his name right now is because he didn't want people hunting him down and badgering him for pictures." Ashlee said. "When we had to go to the lottery office, he was not looking forward to the attention and still doesn't to this day. He told me that all he wants is a quiet life with family and friends and to live as a normal person. He didn't want the fame. He didn't want to be on TV."

"Was it that bad?" Alex asked.

"The little conference room was packed full. Just about every network you can name was there including the local radio stations. I was teacher before the money, so public speaking is not a big deal for me; but this was way more than a single classroom with my students. Way more."

"I know what you mean. Being in front of the cameras is not easy. The more you do it, the easier it gets." Diana assured me.

"If you don't mind, you can keep the cameras and I'll keep a low profile thank you very much."

We got a chuckle out of that and we just relaxed and let the plane take us away.

The steward came around and offered us something to eat, just a lite snack. We all enjoyed them and shortly thereafter, we came in for a landing and just as we were about to touch down, Ashlee emptied the contents of her stomach into an airsick bag. It was tough to hear and everyone had to look away. I couldn't unbuckle, but I leaned over and took her hand. "What happened?" I asked her.

"Got a little motion sick. I'm fine."

She folded the airsick bag up and after we landed and taxied to our hanger, Diana and Alex exited the plane just as soon as they were able. I felt bad for them and I hung around and made sure that I helped Ashlee exit the plane.

The steward asked, "What happened? Did someone get sick?"

"Yes. I did. I don't know what came over me, but while we were coming in, I lost it. I am so sorry. I usually don't get sick when flying."

"Don't worry about it ma'am. I will make sure that the next time you fly with us we take extra care when coming in for a landing. We are the ones that are sorry for making your flight unpleasant."

"Don't worry about it. I am so embarrassed by it all. Please don't mention this anyone."

"Not a problem." The steward said and helped us with our few bags and into the car that was waiting for us. I approached the congresswoman while she was getting into her car, "Can I get a business card from you?"

Alex reached into her bag and pulled out a card and handed it to me. "Here you go Mr. Johnson. I hope that your wife gets better. She really is a nice lady to talk to."

"I agree. She got hurt a week ago and this is our first trip post injury, so please excuse her getting sick. This is unusual for her. We are very sorry for making your trip unpleasant with us. I, we, really did enjoy our time talking to you."

"You as well Mr. Johnson."

"Alex, we have to get going." Diana called out.

We shook hands one last time and she ran off to their car and drove away. I went to the car that was waiting for me and we drove off.

The drive through the countryside of Virginia is nice. Each of us took the time to snap a few pics with our phones.

We pulled into the RV lot and up to the office. The driver got out and opened the door for the ladies. I just got out. I didn't need someone to open my door. Ha Ha.

A man came out of the office, "You must Mr. Johnson. Welcome." I focused my attention on the man approaching. "I'm Richard Jones, the manager here. How was your flight in?"

"Just fine." I stopped there. I wasn't going to say anything about Ashlee's stomach and embarrass her. That would not be wise.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked us.

"I restroom would be nice." Ashlee asked after pulling something out of her bag in the trunk of the car.

"Right this way." Richard led all of us into the office and showed the girls where the restrooms were. I was shown into the conference room and given a seat. "Thank you for coming all this way to see us Mr. Johnson. I look forward to showing you the buses we think that you are going to like."

"I am sure that I will. I was really impressed by what I saw on the TV. If what you have in person is anything like what I saw on TV, then this is going to be a very enjoyable trip."

"Oh you will. We have pulled together several different layouts for you to look over. If you like something but want it changed, let us know and we can get it done right away for you."

This guy was putting the service on pretty thick. Not something I am used to.

Ashlee came back in with Brenda right behind her. I stood up and kissed her, "How you feeling?"

"Oh, I'm much better." She breathed on me, and the smell of toothpaste became evident.

"Good thinking." We sat down at the table and Richard brought out books for us to look over and he began his presentation of what his company offers. He showed us all of the buses they made, along with the smaller ones that were built on truck frames. The ones that we saw on the TV were handmade frames, completely custom to our specs from the front to the back.

When he was done, he showed us outside and we got into a golf cart and were driven around his lot. He showed live examples of everything we were shown in the presentation. They were all very nice, but some of them were rather plain. I didn't say anything. I didn't want to seem too critical of their equipment. When we got to the back of the lot, which is actually near where we came in, he stopped the cart and we got out. The RVs he stopped in front of where the giant ones we saw on TV. I was amazed. "Honey, are you going to be able to drive this?" Ashlee asked once we got inside the first one.

Richard was quick with an answer. "You won't have to get a truck license to drive one of these. All you will have to get is a simple lite truck endorsement on your license. Which is simple to get. Once you get that, these buses are so easy to drive that you will get used to it very quickly."

"That is good to know, thanks."

We went inside and looked around. If you have never seen a $2 million dollar RV, then what I am about to tell you will pale in comparison to reality. The RV had hardwood floors, the cabinets were all wood. The couch along the side was leather, kind of an off white color. There was a large LCD TV mounted inside of a cabinet that with a touch of a button would rise out of its cabinet. The kitchen was complete with a stove, a microwave, dishwasher, dual sink with garbage disposal. The fridge was full size and better than the one at the apartment.

We went past the kitchen, past a full sized bathroom and into the master bedroom. Queen sized bed with closet in all four corners. The bathroom behind it was very nice with stand up shower for two and large closet. It was amazing.

Brenda saw the first problem. "Where do I sleep?"

Richard jumped into action. "This couch folds out into a bed as does the little table here. It just sets down and the cushions then fold together to make a nice bed."

Brenda looks at us. "A fold out bed? A million dollar RV and I sleep on a fold out bed?"

"Brenda honey, it won't be that bad. I am sure that the couch is very comfortable."

"Nope. I don't like it." Brenda said firmly. I don't think anything we would say is going to change her mind.

"Richard, do you have anything else that may contain a second bed that is a real bed?" I asked him.

"Yes sir, right this way." He closed up the first one, walked us down two more models and opened another RV. Again, the interior was light and bright and beautiful. The couch was smaller and the kitchen was closer to the front. It still had a TV that would rise out of a cabinet, but the 'desk' that was present in the first one was not in this on.

"If you will come and take a look at this Brenda, I think that this will much better for you."

He slid a curtain open and it revealed a bunk bed. The bunks could be closed off from the rest of the room with curtains and the headroom in them was about four feet, maybe just shy of four feet. The beds were full sized twin beds and each of them had their own TVs, night light and A/C vents. Very nice if you ask me.

"Ms. Brenda, would you like to tell me if this is good enough?"

Brenda slipped off her shoes and crawled into the top bunk and tried to get comfortable. "I think this will work out just fine." She slid the curtain closed and again tried to get comfortable. After a minute, she slid it open and announced, "This is good for me."

Richard got a big smile on his face. He must know that if the kids are happy, then the parents are much more likely to buy. "Can I show you the master bedroom and bath?" He asked us.

We went past a smaller second bathroom and into the back of the bus. The queen sized bed was there and the back bathroom, closet and washer/dryer. The colors were warm inviting and the chairs and couch were in a dark red leather. The leather was soft and supple, just amazing. It had red accents all over the ceiling and on the window treatments. Very nice. Real wood on the cabinets, tile on the floor. Shower in the back big enough for two. A lovely RV.

"Richard, let's talk about abilities." I said to him sitting down on the couch.

He took a chair opposite me. "Good. Which ones would you like to talk about?"

"What is tow capacity of this vehicle?"

"Right now, nothing." I gave him a look, questioning this. "Let me explain. There is no hitch on this model but one can be put in place with no trouble."

"What kind of engine does this have and is it strong enough to pull a trailer with a car on it?"

Now it was his turn to look at me strangely. "Why would you have a car on a trailer? Couldn't you just tow just it?"

"Oh, I see your confusion. This is not a normal car. This is going to be a racing car and not street legal."

"Oh really? What racing team do you represent?"

"I don't represent anyone. We are the PAB Racing team."

"I had no idea that you raced cars." He said looking at me.

I waved him off. "I don't race cars. No. Brenda is the one that wants to race cars." I said pointing to Brenda who was standing with her mother in the kitchen area.

"Her?"

"Sure, why not me?" Brenda said a little louder than you would expect.

"No, no. I didn't mean anything by that." Richard said trying to smooth over the situation. "I just meant that you are far cuter than most racing car drivers. I didn't mean anything by it."

"Ok." Brenda let the man off the hook.

"Yeah, I think that we are going to have Brenda finish school then we will leave and begin our traveling and training and hopefully racing career after that."

Richard turned to Brenda, "What college are you attending?"

"I'm not in college. I will be a senior in high school this fall."

"High school? Wow. You look a whole lot older than a high school kid."

"Thanks." Brenda smiled at the compliment and so did Ashlee.

"How quickly can a hitch be installed and how much will it tow?"

"The hitch will only take a day and with the right trailer, it will handle about more than 25,000 pounds. You should be able to pull a trailer with a car on it without a problem."

"What does the trailer do to gas economy?"

"It drops it way down but you are already looking at about 10 MPG to begin with so adding a trailer is going to drop it even further. I would say you are looking at less than 5 MPG while towing a trailer fully loaded."

I let out a whistle. "Dang." The ladies both whistled in surprise. 10 MPG was bad enough, but towing a trailer would kill the mileage and make it gallons per mile instead.

I sat back on the couch and crossed my legs and scratched my chin. How am I going to fix this? How am I going to get us around the country to all of these events with the family so that we are comfortable yet not spend all of our money on gas?

"Richard. Tell me something. How are your other clients managing to move things around and deal with the poor gas mileage?"

He took up a similar position on the chair across from me. "Personally, I have no idea. I may work here, but I don't have the money to actually buy one of these. I have no idea how they pay for the gas that these take. They must just bite the bullet and pay for it and rest easy in knowing that all of the stuff they want is right along with them for the ride. Honestly, I have no idea."

"Ok. Let me ask this. Are there modifications that can be made to make the vehicle more fuel efficient?"

He thought a moment, scratched his chin, and then said,

"The only way to make it more fuel efficient is to reduce the weight of the coach."

"Good. How much weight can be reduced from this coach without giving up on luxuries and conveniences?"

"That would depend on what you are giving up. If we replace the tile with wood, that will save some weight. If we replace the granite with either lighter weight granite or something entirely different, that will save weight. Little steps can be done all over the whole of the bus to save weight. What are you thinking?"

"I'm not really sure what I'm thinking. I wanted to save as much money as I can and still get an RV that is comfortable for the three of us and be able to travel with a trailer behind us."

"Is this your first one?" Richard smartly asked.

"Yes, am I that obvious?" I answered him. "I am just not used to money costs like this."

"I knew it." He slapped his knee. "Come back to the office with me. I have some information that you need to read to get a better perspective on all of this."

We left the RV, he locked it all up and then we got back into the cart and back to the office for us. We were ushered into the conference room. He pulled a keyboard out of a desk drawer and then lit up the screen and proceeded to find a spreadsheet. "Ok, I pulled this chart up showing the weight of the vehicle, the gas mileage and the amount of stuff it can carry. I think that you will see the amount that our vehicles can carry far outweighs the costs that you pay for gas."

He was right. The weight of the RV, the amount of weight it could haul was above the others in the area. However, the Ford F-150 out stripped the RV. I laughed at that and pointed it out to Ashlee, she noticed it as well and when she pointed it out to Brenda, we all joined in the laugh at the chart.

"Please excuse us Richard. We were just noticing that the Ford does even better by comparison to the RV, maybe we should buy a fleet of trucks instead of one single vehicle."

He blushed in embarrassment. "Yeah, I know. I didn't want to add that to the chart, but one of the other guys got a hold of it and put it on there. When the boss saw it, he liked it on there so there it is." He shrugged his shoulders in defeat. "What are you going to do?"

We talked more about the costs to run the bus and then I dropped the bomb. "Ok, let's say that I want one of your buses, how quickly can you make a new one?"

"13 months. 12 if we really push it."

"How long if I buy one from you and then make some hard core requirements?"

I got him. He leaned forward and put his elbows on the table. "What kind of things are you talking about?"

"Yeah, hon, what are you talking about?" Ashlee was caught up in this as well.

I smiled. I loved getting people to think and work for something. "What I'm talking about is asking for a bus that is 20% lighter than your standard bus the same size and still completed and with the same amenities as one of your standard models. How long would that take?"

"You mean you want us to build you a bus, but 20% lighter than what we usually build and still have the same facilities in it as one that isn't weight restricted?"

"Yes. That is what I'm talking about."

"I would have to talk to engineers, the designers and the owner to see if he wants to take on a project like this."

"Are they here?"

"I'm not sure, let me go and check." Richard got up and exited the room.

Ashlee grabbed my arm, "What are you doing?"

Brenda was the same way, "Are you serious about buying from these guys?"

I asked them both, "Do you think I shouldn't?"

The both shook their heads. "I liked the bunk bed." Brenda said. "The layout and amenities are just beautiful" Ashlee said.

"Then what?" I asked.

Ashlee took the lead. "I guess being fussy like you are and asking them to do something so outrageous as making a bus that size 20% lighter seemed a bit, um, over the top and mean."

"Oh. I see. Ok, look at it this way. If I agree to buy from these guys and force them to save weight like I want, then they are going to have to research and development that is going to be groundbreaking. These guys will find a way to do things that I don't think anyone has thought of and it may be a ticket to them to open the market up for some really big changes. The whole industry could change because of us."

Ashlee and Brenda were nodding their heads with smiles on their faces. They got it. I wonder if the owner and engineers will get it like my women do.

Richard came back with a small group of people in tow. He introduced the owner, Max, the engineer, Susan, and several others that I didn't catch their names.

Richard stood at the front of the room after introducing everyone. "This is Mr. Johnson. He is interested in one of our 45 foot buses but had some concerns about weight, fuel consumption and gas mileage. He asked a question that I could not answer so I want you all here to answer it for me. Mr. Johnson."

He motioned to me and I got up and joined him at the head of the table near the display. I had my jacket buttoned and slipped into teacher mode. "Richard has shown me this chart of weight of the vehicle, carrying capacity and tow capacity. While going through this chart, I noticed that a Ford F-150 had higher stats than your bus, by a lot." I pointed to the chart and traced my finger across them showing them the Ford and their bus and the difference between the two. "What I wanted to know is, can this number be reduced but still maintain the same level convenience and amenities?"

Silence. You could hear crickets.

I grabbed a couple of brochures from the table. "Do you see what I see? The tile on the floor. The granite on the counters. The real glass on the showers. More tile in the showers. I mean, how much of this stuff can be replaced by lightweight material that looks just the same as the real thing?"

They were still silent. I turned a page on the brochure, "See this couch, does this have to be made out of wood? Isn't there anything that can be used to make it lighter, but still maintain the same usage and reliability?" Still nothing. "Come on now, someone say something."

The engineer was the first to speak up. "I can't speak for the designers, but I can think of a few ways to save weight in the bus. I am just not sure about anything else; I would have to research things and get back with you."

The designers started talking quietly between themselves. The boss cleared his throat and they snapped out of their discussion. "Sorry." The designer cleared her throat and began. "What you are talking about Mr. Johnson is possible but the costs are higher and the lead time is longer but it is doable. I too would have to do some research to find things that look and feel the same. I am not willing to skimp on the interiors just to save weight. I want them to look great, feel homey and function perfectly."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.