Whatever It Costs - Cover

Whatever It Costs

Copyright© 2014 by DeeBee

Chapter 55

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 55 - Eric, a high school student, faces violence and betrayal while growing up and struggling towards independent life. He loves and gets hurt and loves again while learning the responsibilities of adult life. 57 chapters total. Codes will be updated while the story progresses.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Romantic   Rape   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Slow  

It was around noon Monday when Marie, my old business lawyer (who I'd brought back from retirement), and I were sitting in the meeting room of the office where Marie and Peter used to bank. This was about the first time since Saturday that I had been close to Marie. I had spent most of the weekend avoiding her. Luckily, my ladies had made it quite easy for me. I knew that she had talked with them, and that she had even talked with Katy, but I had avoided her. Moreover, I guess she had not really wanted to be with me, either. Now, though, we all were facing the manager of the bank and his attorney, who both looked much too satisfied with themselves.

"We are very sorry, Mrs. Monte, but with the official documents we have, we could only agree to the things requested from us. If it turns out they have done something criminal, you will have to press charges against them directly."

My lawyer smiled grimly at them. I have to admit that he looked really professional: a slim, tanned man with gray hair in a sharp suit. At least now he didn't complain to me about wearing that suit, and after hearing what I had thought to be our strategy, he actually laughed. So he had agreed to come back from retirement, but he warned that it would cost us to make amends to his wife. I promised that it would be done. On the other hand, I had absolutely no intention of doing that myself. As he just continued to smile back at the bank officials I could see that the smile on the face of the manager started to get thin.

"So that is you final word?"

"Yes."

"Very well, let me tell you what will happen if we need to make this a criminal case directly against the other party. First, we'll have a press conference, early this evening. The timing will be such that it will be something the evening news will be happy to grab. We will make it a case in which a famous actress, with a good reputation, who is still grieving; will raise charges against the ex-wife of her just deceased husband, and the two daughters who are not even biologically his. We'll be sure to mention that she has been left destitute, because some small manager of their bank didn't bother to check the real nature of the documents presented to him. You can be sure that the name of your bank will be mentioned, and often."

They were about to protest but he continued.

"Considering the nature of these cases, you can be sure that this will go on for a long time, and you will get a whole lot of publicity! You should remember that Mrs. Monte does have an agreement with her production company, and they surely want to protect one of their stars. We will have a full use of their PR people. You can only guess what it will do to your public image! Perhaps your headquarters and stock owners will be happy because of all the extra publicity you will receive. You'll never know, as you will be gone."

NOW they were listening.

"On the other hand, if you just happen to find out that you were conned, and decide to attack them with full force; I'm quite sure that something, or someone, in their chain will crack. Most probably it will be someone at the beginning of the chain of falsified documents. By the way, we have already made a reservation for that press conference. It will begin three hours from now. What we say depends on your response, and what kind of role you'll have in that conference. I guess we'll leave you now, for a moment, for you to consider your situation. Thank you, gentlemen!"

It took them forty five minutes to make the decision. I guess that some of that time was needed to get someone from their headquarters fully briefed, and the local manager sacked. But, by the time of the press conference convened, they had a full investigation going, and had already found the first cracks. Late in the evening they agreed with a very nice compensation for Marie, and a quarter of a million dollars for her attorney. When we were saying our goodnights, he turned to me, grinning.

"I guess that if your calls send me home a quarter mil richer, my wife may let me answer your calls in the future... if there is at least some time between them."

I thanked him for coming, as this kind of agreement would never have been achieved if there had not been enough credibility on our side to carry out our threats. I was exhausted. We were a few hundred miles from home, but I was still not really thrilled about the idea of spending a night in a hotel with Marie. When I called home, I was not given much choice. Lindsay and Melissa were both making use of their new phones with an ability to use the speaker, so that multiple people could follow the discussion.

"Listen now, you goof. Even if you start driving right now, the earliest you will be here is the wee hours of tomorrow morning. Most probably you'll end up having an accident, because you're so tired."

Lindsay was always so practical. I guess Melissa heard me gasping for breath so she added her five cents before me.

"Hear us, buster! If you don't believe us now, you'll be going through the next month or two without any sex!"

There was giggling in the background.

"And that includes you two. We women need stick together!"

"Aye-aye, Mom."

More giggling. Great. At least Lindsay's voice was soft when she continued.

"Noel, we only try to think what is best for you. Besides, at some point you need to talk to Marie. You cannot keep avoiding her, not when she's trying to rebuild a connection to Katy."

I reluctantly agreed. I was just about to finish the call when Melissa interrupted.

"Look, the hotels are quite full, but I managed to make a reservation for you in the Marriott. Just drive there and ask. Noel, please remember that you were able to forgive me for what I caused to you and Katy."

In the beginning, there had almost been some mirth in her voice; but towards the end, it was genuinely sad. However, I thanked her and went to find Marie. When I told her that we'd be spending night down here, she looked both relieved and terrified. I tried to keep on thinking that tomorrow I'd be back home again. I just was not used to being away from home.

Like that really was the thing that was worrying me.

"Good evening. You should have a reservation with name Heller. Noel Heller."

"Yes, good evening, Mr. Heller. Yes Sir, we do have the honeymoon suite fully ready for you."

Shit. Shit! SHIT!

"Oh, that's quite extraordinary. I guess a normal room with two beds or a suite with two separate rooms would do quite fine."

"But Sir, that room is fully prepared and made for you. Besides, I'm afraid that we are quite full."

Hell were they full. But I guess that was something those sneaky women had made them say. Being too tired to argue, I smiled to the guy behind the counter and agreed with the room he offered. Maybe I should deny sex from them for a month or two. Ok, quite a hollow threat, I know.

We managed to get to the suite without any incidents, and without anybody noticing or recognizing Marie. Inside the room was some food and a bottle of red wine waiting for us. I tried to remain angry at Melissa and Lindsay, but I also noticed that I was exhausted and hungry. I decided to let things slide, at least for now. We had no extra clothes, but there were robes. I sent Marie to have a shower before me, while I prepared the food and opened the bottle. After all, I had paid for it.

When I came out of the bathroom after a quick shower, Marie was sitting there in her robe with her feet under her. I had to admit that she still looked good, very good in fact, even without any makeup. Gee, here I was - in a honeymoon suite at Marriott with one of the Hollywood stars. Living a daydream of any red-blooded guy, or not. I poured some of the wine for her and took some myself.

"Thank you ... Noel. It still seems odd to call you that; and, of course, there is Katy."

I shrugged.

"As you can guess, I do not really miss my old name and the things connected to it. I think there may still be people who think that I'm a reincarnation of the devil himself, or at least one of his close cronies. Do you know that they burned down our house?"

"Yes ... I tried to find you."

"Maybe it was a good thing that you didn't. I would probably would not have been quite this receptive to you. Those were quite dark times."

We ate some of stuff in silence before Marie spoke again.

"You really did love her - Sara, I mean? Lily - I mean Katy - spoke really highly about her even if they met only briefly."

"Yes, I did."

"Look, I'm sorry. I know that I have not had to face anything like you..."

Then she burst out crying, and I wanted to kick myself. Hard. Hell, she had been a widow for four days now, and I sat there soaking in my self-pity, thinking about things that had happened more than seven years ago. I hugged her, pulled her to my side, and kept on holding her.

Gradually, she started telling me about her life. The way she told it, was not always coherent, nor was it in correct chronological order, but that didn't make much difference. I got the idea.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.