Cj and the Pig
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2014 by The Heartbreak Kid

Epilogue

After a long and tiring journey back to Walthamstow, CJ and Paul arrived at what was practically a new home. Structurally, the upstairs flat wasn't too different, but the decorators had done a good job in their absence and the place now looked much more 'homely' than it had ever been before. However, all of their personal belongings were still packed away, so CJ and Paul retired to the caravan for the rest of the day.

Life quickly returned to how it had been previously: except, of course, for the large hole that had been left by Sid's absence. It wasn't long, however, before the office phone started to ring again and the diary was soon full with cars needing necessary attention.

The two young people had long debated about whether or not to get married straight away and formalise the relationship that had existed in a practical sense for some time already. They were under no pressure from anybody, but as far as both of them were concerned any ceremony would have to fit in with the demands of the business. Eventually, however, they decided that it was a good idea; and a good excuse to get Vikki and Kieran to come back to England again. So the wheels were set in motion and the simply civil ceremony was set for the following summer, so that everyone would have time to prepare and make suitable arrangements. On the day that they arrived from Portugal, CJ collected her future in-laws from the airport, and in the evening they all spent a very pleasant time with Johnny and Marie Abbott at their home in Chingford. Vikki had only been a child when she had last met Johnny, but they were able to spend most of the evening reminiscing about Sid.


Moving swiftly forward in time: as it can only do in fiction; over the next ten or so years, CJ and Paul were joined in the flat over Cox Motors by Paul Sidney Cox, Victoria Marie Cox, and finally, John Kieran Cox.

Although CJ had to take some time off work, following the birth of each of her children, she was reluctant to give it up completely, so after lengthy discussions, Vikki and Kieran, who had themselves been married for some years, returned permanently to the UK. With growing children, CJ and Paul had bought a house nearer to CJ's parents, so the flat was now occupied by the newly-returned grandparents: an arrangement which suited everyone. And using Johnny Abbott's extensive list of contacts, it was even possible to find Kieran a job, as he had requested.

Even more time passed...

Cox Motors couldn't expand physically, and they had no desire to move to larger premises, so things carried on much as they had until the children got older. Both Paul Jr. and John ... from an early age known as JK ... where keen to follow in their parents' and great-uncle's footsteps; although young Vickie lacked her mother's enthusiasm for practical mechanics. She was the one of the three who demonstrated the most academic ability, so Paul and his wife were happy to let her choose her own destiny. In fact, when CJ and Paul withdrew from the day-to-day running of the business and her brothers took over, Vickie eventually balanced the roles of office manager and mother.

And as all such stories should, CJ and The Pig spent the rest of their lives living happily ever after...

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.