The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch - Cover

The Adventures of a Timetravel Watch

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7

The Adventures of a Time Travel Watch: 7.

"SEVEN! DON'T DO THAT!" she exclaimed. "I'm too busy to be peeing my knickers."

From around the kitchen, the assembled throng all said, "Hi Seven," in a manner which would have told a fly on the wall that, not only were they pleased to see Seven, but they were in hopes of something ... anything ... else to do.

The Twins gave the impression they would rather muck out the stables ... if they had stables ... and horses that needed stabling, than peel another onion.

Junior just dropped her sharp pepper pitting piercer, leaped up and threw her arms around Seven. She kissed her cheek and whispered, "Get me out of here!"

David, Too's David, said, "Manners, children, manners. You honyaks act like you were born on an Island in Michigan," at which time he grinned... "That's right ... you Were born on an Island in Michigan."

He jumped up and hugged Seven, "Who have you brought us, Seven."

"A pair of watchers," she replied. "Allow me to introduce them.

"Wendolyn, The Princess of the Princessapality. Please meet Gwendolyn Elizabeth Anne Margaret Windsor, Duchess of Great Mew Stone ... Oh David, don't look so shocked. You knew she was Somebody..."

They curtseyed together and Too went back to the canning process ... a critical stage was approaching.

"Gwen, David. David, Gwen. David is the Royal Consort. The pair crying at the onions are the Twins and they are One and Two ... interchangeable at any given moment. This leech around my neck is Wendolyn, the heir apparent. She is to be called Junior if at any time you wish a response ... she IS Junior and not one of your run of the mill Treys or Thirds."

Junior beamed.

The boys nodded.

"The tall gentleman accompanying the Duchess is David ... James ... Austin. He is from 2116 as is Gwen ... the present dilemma is theirs. Now, Wendy Too, if you have aprons, ladles, knives and jars, we'll all pitch in and get this onerous task out of the way so I may have your undivided attention."

And that's what we did ... two hundred twenty quart Ball jars of stewed tomatoes with onion and bell peppers were sealed and put away. The leftovers had basil, oregano, pepper, and celery powder run through a mill, reduced to powder and added to the pot along with two small bay leaves, chunked Italian sausage ... without fennel ... and two pounds of whole hog breakfast sausage ... cooked and drained, simmered for two hours and served over home pasta machine rolled, and cut spaghetti. Too made the spaghetti while the sauce was simmering. The smell would cling to Gwen and Davids clothes through three machine washings. When ever David would eat Italian the smell would remind him of home, acceptance and comradeship.

The salad was local greens, fresh tomato, and served with oil and vinegar dressing. There was plenty. Too also cooked the late meal for the staff at the hotel.

Fresh flat bread, hand torn with real butter, and long thin baguettes of French bread were in baskets down the center of the dining table, with assorted wines, cold water, hot tea, and iced and hot coffee in the mix.

"I wasn't always a Princess," Too said. "I bought the Island for two dollars ... Canada wanted it, the US wanted it, the French, the English and the Dutch all wanted to assume control. I appealed to the United Nations ... and here I am ... Monaco has a Prince ... they call it a Principality and I thought ... why not."

After the dishes were done, the leftovers ... a very small amount ... put away in case of midnight snack attack and the kitchen made spotless. The eggs for breakfast set out in baskets to warm for morning and the coffee water slightly salted and left in cheesecloth covered buckets for the morning.

Too ran a final clean rag over the counters and said, "What seems to be the problem?"

"I have this watch..." David started out.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.