Castaway: Von's Haven - Cover

Castaway: Von's Haven

Copyright© 2014 by Feral Lady

Chapter 54

Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story: Chapter 54 - Von finds himself dropped into a medieval world alone. A head injury steals his memory and the meager supply from an escape pod won't take him far. He must find civilization and survive until rescued. His training has not prepared him for what is coming. Yet, the A.I. survived in the crippled ship in orbit and it's working to keep him alive.

Caution: This Sci-Fi Time-Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Science Fiction   Harem   Polygamy/Polyamory   Black Female   White Male   Hispanic Female   Pregnancy   Slow   Sci-Fi time travel story, Man Travels Back in Time sex story, Man Travels in time to a medieval world sex story

"There are rumors of an albino warrior on the mainland that protects the mouth of the Great Swamp," the Raider said, his tone leading like a question.

I interjected, "Ah, my elder brother, Wolfenstein. He is quite ferocious and protective of the Galit's village. He does like to play with fire and burn things. Personally, I am more a thunder and smoke kinda guy." They didn't need to know my village was without me. "Let them believe there are two of us."

"Yes, there are tales of fireballs burning ships, a magic staff that deflects arrows, and they say he runs like a deer," The herald stuttered. I shrugged, not intending to offer any real insights.

I threw in, "I bet a number of your ships are missing on his coastline. Do you teach your sailors to swim?"

He flinched but collected himself after a moment.

The Raider had a reminiscing look about him. "You Sir are the finest albino specimen I have ever seen. You have the blue eyes, but lack the white hair and your skin is more pink than white. The look is extraordinary," the herald gushed. "Our queen collects albinos to serve in her private garden and chambers. She prefers violet eyes but most of her servants have blue. Her majesty finds the fair complexion intriguing. I am sure you would be a welcome guest at her palace."

"No thanks. A gelded show piece doesn't work for me," I huffed, feeling my exasperation climbing at the conversation.

"Certainly not, she breeds the albino," he answered, sounding embarrassed and certain he shouldn't have spoken about it. His back stiffened at the slight to my honor.

"Well, you have a fine tale to tell now in her court. How you visited the Rock River, saw the most unusual man and then reunited with your host in the port and departed with many slaves and chattel," I snorted.

Hawking's lopsided grin, told me he wanted to laugh.

"Lord Solon is quite busy with a bevy of women already. I am not sure he has time to breed your queen," Ferry added.

The herald's back stiffened realizing his unintended slight to my honor and Ferry's own insult to his ruler.

The flash of the Raider's eyes told me he was in an extreme temper. My men seemed to delight in it, knowing this was but a pause in the battle. I could sense the perplexing discussion was all but over. Yet, Ferry's humiliating response would not deflect the herald from his true purpose.

"My men are incorrigible. Which is understandable, considering they are determined to defend their liberty and families," I commiserated, breaking the silence.

"Very well. You should be pleased to hear that the Count is willing for you to keep your liberty and family. When you stand aside and allow us free passage to visit the Earth Mother Temple," the herald said brightly.

The marine-sergeant snorted behind me.

I scoffed, "Well it is settled. I will guide you and the Count's party to the temple myself, while our men enjoy a rest along the river."

The herald screeched, "The Snake's Goddess have you! The Count's entire protective detail will pass to enjoy the fruits of the temple."

I waved my hand along the length of my men, responding, "If you do pass it will be with just enough men to fill a wagon. Besides, except for me, the temple only allows female pilgrims to visit. From the pieces of your warriors left on the bridge, I'd say they were once men."

"This parley is over. If you are lucky, perhaps our queen will indeed gather a new servant for her garden today," the herald erupted, picking up the black flag and mounting his steed.

The huge warhorse turned and galloped away, spurred on by its upset master.

"Sergeant, run back and signal the call-to-arms. Our rest break is over," I cackled. He picked up the Wolf pennant and ran back, dodging bodies and dark pools of blood.

Hawking pouted, giving us a mock look, "I think they want to rudely interrupt my lunch and I had such a good story to tell about this parley." His good humor made Ferry and me laugh. We strode back to our fighting post. Their outrageous scheme to get past us was not an offer. It was an affront to our common sense. More likely the Count had a curious itch for information on who was in his way. Their host had found no measurable resistance apart from scouting skirmishes with the Northern Lords, we were the first to stand firm. They were unaware of our recent successes, seeing none of the Raiders survived to report back.

Back in the fortification, I pulled out from my shoulder bag a couple of metal balls with fuses. The crude devices were nothing like the more refined grenades I'd made in Juniper Hills. They looked more like small cannon balls for an ancient swivel gun. Fuses were easy to make, so I opted to use my fire starter as the ignition source for the explosives. My surprises were untested and I felt a little self-doubt about their likely success. "The time I'd spent in the forge better be worth it."

Ferry and Hawking stood on both sides of me with the same ten militia men. The rest of the militia was slow in getting into place. They had never practiced dividing into groups of twenty men before, so a little delay and confusion was natural. I had arranged for them to reinforce the wagon line in sub-units of twenty when summoned. A few militia men took up station behind the sandbags, as they had slow firing crossbows. We needed the extra support, for this would be a clash of steel more than wizardry.

There was no movement on the hill. The parley party was gone from sight, certainly assembling their men. I called for my horse and rode with my bodyguards to talk with Lord Oxnot's men. They stood in their ranks between the hidden trenches. I spoke loudly about how the parley party's herald said, we would not be molested if only they could plunder our women and add them to their breeding stock. After my words, oaths were shouted from their back rank. We didn't dally with the men and rode off.

We galloped to the gathered militia men and repeated the context of the parley. Hawking couldn't resist telling them their queen collected albinos and they wanted me to breed her. The laughter was deafening. They knew of my reputation with the ladies. I repeated my strategy of calling up a portion of their strength at a time, giving the wounded time to seek treatment if possible. I might even send groups back to rest and rotate another group in.

"This is my pledge. I will protect your women if you protect mine," I shouted. They thought for a moment, as I continued, "Of course, I have a lot more women to protect. So you will have to work hard this day!"

The militia men laughed with their approval at my joke. They cheered, "Lord Wolf, Lord Wolf," as I waved and rode away. No sight of the enemy.

We stopped at the medic tent and I dismounted, seeking out Holly. She ran to me, jumped and straddled my waist, wrapping her legs around my armor. Two temple guards, sitting at the campfire, grinned at the enthusiastic reception. My bodyguards dismounted, giving us feigned privacy by staying at the other side of their horses.

"I knew you would come to see me!" She said, squeezing like a temple acolyte in heat.

Passionate kisses heated us both up. Sneaking a glance at the distant hill, I saw no movement. Holly pressed herself against me, with pleading little whispers in my ear for a "rest" in the tent with her.

It took my heavy world strength to pry Holly off me. Her eyes had that distant look of need and passion.

I pressed my hands firmly against her face, getting her attention with an added kiss. "We are leaving these three horses here. If the bridge falls you and your guards will immediately leave to warn Lady Derwen. Kill the horses getting there if necessary."

Holly shook her head like a rebellious teenager. I looked the temple guards in the eyes, firmly commanding them with my stare. Both warriors nodded, affirming they knew their duty. I examined the hill and saw movement. Hawking and Ferry pulled their shields and javelins off their horses as I placed my reins in a temple woman's hand, turning and running back towards the bridge, not looking back.

For a little time the enemy assembled on the hill, presenting their numbers in a way intended to dishearten my men. They must have summoned the rest of their horsemen, because their numbers were greater than before the ford fight. We noticed our foes lined the back of the hill with the mounted men, in one long line.

"Their horsemen will do them no good this day, as long as we hold this wagon," I shouted, hoping the militia men would not feed on fear. A mounted warrior breeds much concern to man accustomed to walking. Thoughts of a long spear in your back are disconcerting.

Hawking and Ferry had walked with all their gear, since I had deprived them of their fine steeds. Neither men faulted me; indeed, Hawking made a joke about renting Ferry out as a good pack mule which caused the nervous militia men to enjoy a laugh at Ferry's expense. A priestess walked among the men handing out dried apples, despite the approaching threat. She was tall, and her hook nose features didn't distract me from enjoying her merry, black eyes. The older woman's gentle presence seemed to calm the men.

Horns from across the river sounded for a number of heart beats. The enemy formation of infantry split, the well armored warriors shifted their march towards the river crossing. The vassals reformed into columns just wide enough to fit the width of the bridge, stopping outside of bow range. A dozen long-bow men advanced on the bridge on the left side of the road. Another dozen crossbow men advanced on the right side of the river road.

"Militia men get under the wagon!" I shouted.

Ferry and Hawking linked their large shields, covering all three of us from the coming arrow storm. Lord Oxnot's supply wagon's construction was a thick, blocky, oak that hung low to the ground and had high sides; an ample shield for us considering the heavy pile of dirt.

The fortification's roof had quarter-cut timbers of pine that covered the entire enclosure; the only gap in the fort was shoulders to head.

When the enemy archers moved into range they released volleys of arrows at us, their crossbow men moving forward under the protection of the arrow storm. Also, the lightly armored vassals started forward. Two more columns of men waited on the road to reinforce the assault as their heavily armored warriors started to drop down into the water at the river crossing. I saw one of the enemy Count's banners fluttering in the breeze before the banner man descended the ford embankment. Our small band of horsemen moved closer to support Lord Oxnot's men as I watched a lone temple archer shoot back at the enemy long-bow men from behind our sandbag wall. Her bravery filled me with pride. An occasional thumping sound behind me told me our crossbowmen were responding too. Arrows dug into the earth around us with a few striking the shields above me.

I pulled my fire starter out of my fanny pack and took a sip of water from my tube, nervously chewing on it. Ferry's face was hard and strained, watching the approaching bridge troops. Hawking's cold eyes spoke of past difficult experiences, his face carried a half-grin, showing no concern.

Hawking said, "I can't wait to see your next trick, Von."

A few enemy long-bowmen were limping away and their crossbow men didn't survive our fast loading pup's returning gifts. Our superior range and reloading speed slaughtered them before they realized their disadvantage.

The vassals ran upon the bridge and I shouted, "Militia, get back out here! Stand to receive a charge."

I looked back at our fort, a dozen arrows embedded in its wall, and even more arrows were in the sandbags. The temple guard was using the back corner of the fortification for extra cover, she popped out and shot and darted behind the pine wood. The enemy archers seemed focused on her; a reasonable action, since she was the only one wounding them. The militia men were slow to crawl back out from under the wagon, so I picked up one of the metal balls out of the wagon dirt and lit it. Stepping back from under the protective shields, I immediately pitched the heavy object over the wagon, immediately moving back undercover and reaching for the last grenade. My eyes caught Ferry's open-mouthed stare as he swayed.

The explosion on the bridge didn't distract me from igniting the last grenade, but Ferry's shield bashing my head did. Ferry stumbled away from me with an arrow in his off-hand, making it difficult to hold his shield. I dropped the fire starter and Ferry stepped on it. Needing my tool I shouldered my bodyguard off it, diving for the fire starter with the metal ball in my throwing hand. Ferry regained his presence of mind and put his shield above his head again, in time to deflect the next arrow volley, which saved both of us. I ignited the fuse and threw the ball, my adrenaline and pumping blood supplied a hefty throw.

I dashed back to the cover of the wagon and Hawking's steady shield arm, Ferry moving into the fort through the side door. A second explosion produced even more smoke on the bridge, momentarily offering cover to the advancing men on the other side of the river. Looking back I couldn't see the temple archer anymore. Some enemy vassals reached the wagon and spears thrust out on both sides. The militia men and enemy footmen had no cover or armor advantage over each other. Both used the wagon as best they could to thrust or avoid a thrust.

I hadn't considered my lack of a long-reaching weapon. My nanoblade while effective in destroying any opponent's weapon, couldn't engage them over the wagon. Hawking threw his three javelins into the midst of the Raiders on the other side and then retrieved Ferry's javelins. Three of our militia men had stab wounds in their chest and wobbled unsteady to the sandbags. I pulled my red flare gun out and proceeded to eliminate foes along the wagon, while dodging the occasional hand-axe thrown at me. A fourth defender was dead at my feet. The enemy broke and fled back across the bridge, routed for the moment.

The smoke from the bridge drifted over the river, in the direction of the ford. A carpet of bodies spread from the steep river bank to Lord Oxnot's men. The enemy had a shield wall, overlapping shields like a turtle, covering them from our trench crossbow fire. Our horsemen had moved up river and flanked the flower of the Caldavian troops, pouring bolts into their flank. Dozens of the Raiders dragged, limped or crawled back towards the safety of the river. Our teenagers had shifted closer to the fortification to flank the enemy's other side. The teens who were out of Bolos were throwing javelins. The militia men hidden in the trenches, with our rangers, had crawled out and were throwing javelins too. A javelin on the Raider's shield would weigh it down and allow crossbow bolts to slip inside the gaps in the shield wall.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.