Family Letters
Chapter 59

Copyright© 2014 by Allan Joyal

Dear Willow and family,

Some days when I've been dealing with the aftermath of a proto-neadertal sponsor who is convinced that he can say, 'Me sponsor, you concubine, I fuck you or I (sometimes it's both :-( unfortunately) or I break you, ' I truly wonder if humanity is worthy of being space travelers. The Governor has instituted a no replacement for broken toys rule. I'm afraid that is as far as he's willing to go, at least for now. We have made stick the instant reCAP for anyone from anywhere that injures a concubine under the care of the Civil Service. He's also instituted two tracks for achieving planetary 'citizenship'. People on those tracks may not be ordered to do anything that interferes with their assigned duties. They wear an armband and usually a coverall as well. So no one can claim that they didn't know that they were employed by the Governor on projects that he has designated top priority. One of those is any of the farm domes. The other is PSDF that is Planetary Self Defense Force. While we don't believe that we could fight off the Sa'arm but more conventional foes should be within our ability. I'm acting as an Ensign in that force and from the amount of ammo that we're burning someone is serious about us getting proficient with the weapons we'll be using.

Something of the big fucking ugly space monster variety has the Governor concerned. From the way we're drilling I'm pretty sure it isn't the Sa'arm. What he (and from the whispers on the Civil Service side) is afraid of is somewhat more conventional and yet more nebulous. I say that because of the tactics that we're learning, such as taking down an urban environment or storming hard points. I really can't tell you more about what we're learning though I will say this the whisper I keep hearing is human pirates. That's right, human pirates. In the face of the Sa'arm we still have fools who would prey on other humans. However that does blow out of the water some of our candid conversations about when things will occur. We'll also be instituting encrypted communication for things like weapons. No need to give the stupid fucks who can't figure out that we should at least band together to fight the Sa'arm until they're dead before turning back on one another. Of course the mindset that allows piracy in the first place is what kept us Earthbound until the Confederacy showed up. Still it is what it is. I've looked at the specs for the toys I sent you, are you saying that the Sa'arm can shoot down things that are moving at a high rate of speed in both random directions and speeds and at between fifteen and thirty centimeters off the ground? Because if you are that is important information as well.

We've known for a while that cracking their defense would be nearly impossible. What we don't know is whether or not your success with drawing them out is unique to Wadi or not. If it is unique to your situation then we'll have to develop different tactics to deal with them where they are able to tunnel effectively.

We have built several community pools to help ease the burden of the pregnant concubines in our communities. I don't know whether or not your letters inspired them, but Dana surely spends lots of time there. I've been having the sleep-trainer convince the nanites in the women (and Ron) in our house to make a mark on them that corresponds to either my rank or Marissa's rank. That is if they aren't wearing a coverall so that they can join either the farm crew or the PSDF. Holly is doing that (the Self Defense side) but she says she has no intention of moving out of our house (though it will move her place in the pregnancy schedule) if she completes the course.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.