Family Letters
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2014 by Allan Joyal

Dear Brother,

It's not a matter of "putting up with" when it comes to teasing in the showers. The teachers might say they will put a stop to it, but most pretend it doesn't happen. At best one of the teachers might decide to stand near the showers rather than go and hide in their office so the teasing is less. I've had to put up with it all year. You know that I barely have an A-cup on top. I know because I discovered some of my bras missing. Imagine my surprise to find them under your bed. At least you hadn't been stealing my panties; that I would have reported to Dad.

If you are now 5'10" I can't joke about you being my little big brother anymore can I? Still its good to hear that you aren't going to be competing for the title of "shortest guy in the class" again. I know that Dad always made jokes about being a "sawed off little Mick" and took great pride in being shorter than most other men, but it had to be a trial for you.

I've continued to take the Tai Chi lessons from Chin-pa. Just about all the other students have quit. Erica still goes. I think I mentioned her. She transferred in just a couple of weeks ago and I really didn't know her before you were picked up. Turns out that I have a lot in common with her. I told you that she transferred because her father murdered her mother and then committed suicide after discovering that his wife was looking for a man who could be a volunteer and leave Earth. Everyone at school thought she was a complete hick because she has a strong accent and is supposedly from some small town in the backwoods of Kentucky. She is from there, but her mother made sure she got to visit a big city a couple of times a week. Erica is actually better at ballet than I am. It helps that she's only five foot even and might get to five foot three at most. Most male ballet dancers aren't all that tall, so you'll almost never see a tall female ballet dancer. I'm already 5'5". I know Father used that to accuse Mother of cheating on him. Thank god Mother has those old pictures of her cousins with Orla and Aine. Who would have thought that we had some tall lanky cousins. Father is so small.

Anyways, sorry to digress. Erica loves dance as much as I do. Its funny, but we never complained about how exacting Chin-pa's instructions are. The man demands perfection and at the speed he wants you to move that takes incredible concentration and body control. We are so used to going through that in dance practice that we never considered it to be a problem. It's helped us become friends because the other remaining students don't like the fact that we refuse to complain. Of course Chin-pa keeps offering to teach us more when the other students have left. We have learned one additional routine already. Chin-pa says that if we sped up how we performed it, we could use the moves in a fight. I'm not sure I ever want to be in a fight that close.

You need to convince Marissa that she shouldn't be embarrassed by what she did. I understand that part of a pickup is about establishing the authority of the sponsor. You, Katy, Beth and Holly had to see Marissa as the focus of the family. It sounds like Marissa hasn't accepted that completely. She shouldn't be embarrassed. She should be proud that she was able to take charge and control what had to be chaos and lead four people to a new life. Not many could do that.

As for Katy. I can't help you much there. I always thought lesbian meant man-hating harpy. You know like Lindy. The three hundred pound behemoth who hates men and lusts for the most feminine women in the high school. That girl makes me feel so icky when she looks at me. It doesn't help that I know my long red hair definitely meets with her approval. I won't cut it though. I like it that way.

I'm a bit confused by Marissa's order that only one woman be pregnant? Or was I misreading that. I thought that all concubines got pregnant on the flight out. Have you left the Solar System yet? Or I guess the Confederacy would call it Earthat even if properly it should be Terraat. Since Terra is the real name of the planet we were born on. I know, I'm a bit picky, but its fun to mock those who know nothing.

Oh, I told you about the brochures for summer programs. Well, Erica found one that got her really enthusiastic and tried to convince me to join. I am not sure it will work after all this is a new program and has to be more than a bit dangerous, but the brochure promises that it will be completely safe. I will say that if it works out, your sister will spend the summer learning a useful combat skill and leave it at that for now. We are supposed to go to orientation next week and find out if we even qualify, or if there will be a class nearby. This isn't something you can practice in a small area. I did show the brochure to Marilyn but she's already signed up for training as a combat medic. I couldn't do that, I hate blood. I don't mind pain, pain is a dancer's old nemesis, but I can't stand the sight of blood.

John has been getting better. I keep him busy when I'm not at Tai Chi or dance practice. I'll have to back off for a week though. Finals start Monday and continue all week. I'm pretty confident that I'll pull up half my grades from the C+/B- range into A- if I do well on the final, and I'm as ready as I can be. I'll admit I even told Oliver that if he helped me with my final English paper I'd give him a "treat" after I turn fourteen. Yuck! I agreed because I needed the help, but is it okay if I pray that he manage to stumble across some lady dumb enough to take him in a pickup?

Grandpa Pickering was back last Wednesday and he's definitely going to be a problem. He showed up with a Mitchell Pratt. I guess the man is a grandson of Grandpa Pickering's sister. Grandpa first tried to convince Mom that John and I should be made dependents of Mitchell. I guess the man has a 8.4 CAP and expects to be a major player in the research on the alien's grav plate technology that allows them to generate gravity fields on their ships. The man didn't seem interested in getting to know any of us though. He just kept undressing me with his eyes. Worse, he brought along some boy who was fourteen or fifteen, but small for his age, much like you. From the two or three mumbled comments the boy made, it became clear that Mitchell is very bisexual, but doesn't plan on allowing any boys he brings along to look older than sixteen or ever fuck a woman. The man is definitely twisted. He even plans on having three male and three female concubines. Mom had the insight to refuse, but Grandpa Pickering has promised to return with a lawyer. He said. "There is no way my bloodline will be allowed to die out because some dumb Irish boy can't get a decent CAP score."

I kept John away from that meeting, but Mom has remained tense. She refuses to talk to Father about it. I understand why, but ... I just realized something. I'm not an expert, but I thought it was impossible to make a ship invisible in space. With space being airless there would be no heat except from spaceships, stars and planets. A spaceship would stand out like a fiery beacon unless it was hidden in an asteroid field wouldn't it? At least that's what I'm getting from my recent studying for my science final. I can understand the desire to have some kind of stealth spacecraft, but can it actually work? There really isn't a way to hide the heat plume the ship would generate.

Your confused and busy sister

Willow

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.