Ed - Cover

Ed

Copyright© 2013 by happyhugo

Chapter 12

Penny had started talking and teaching Cindy what was coming up for her very soon--dealing with, puberty, boys, do-and-don'ts, and acceptable behavior. This was coupled with the reason behind all of these new female things that she would have to deal with shortly. Ed's house was really crowded now and would be until Penny married Bill and moved in with him. Paul was to sleep in one of the single beds and went right off to sleep. Ed went downstairs to his computer and Cindy sat with her mom and Sally.

"Cindy, can we trust you?" This was Penny asking Cindy and she nodded, yes. "Good, because we want to tell you some things. Paul is a boy and you know that if he was normal we would have had this talk long before this. The most convenient situation for the time being is for you to sleep in the same room as he sleeps in.

"We want you to be very discreet and keep covered. We can't imagine at this time that he would be aware that you are different than he is. You also have to not tell any of your classmates that you are bunking in the same room with a sixteen-year-old boy. Society frowns on this and we could get into trouble for letting you. Can we trust you with all of this?"

"Yes you can, Mom. It would be different if I was eighteen and he was twenty-two, though. We both would be adults and adults can do things like that. We could even sleep in the same bed, right? I do understand that I can't do that yet and you can trust me."

"That's a long time from now and we don't have to think that far ahead."

Sally spoke. "Cindy, you know that Ed and I are going to get married a week from this Tuesday. Just so you know that we aren't keeping anything from you, I'm going to be sleeping downstairs with Ed tonight. If Paul needs me, would you come get me? I think Paul will be all right but if you need me, that's where I will be."

"Are you going to be making love to Ed? You are so lucky. I wish I was."

"Cindy!" This exploded from Penny.

"I know Mom." Cindy then giggled. "Ed is too old for me, but I have feelings too. Tell me, in the few times Ed has hugged us, don't you feel like you could melt right into his arms and have him hold you forever?"

"I guess this conversation has gone far enough, young lady."

Cindy smirked at Sally. "Mom always changes the subject when I'm right and she doesn't want to admit it. I'm glad Ed chose you if he couldn't choose Mom and I'm way too young. Anyway, tonight I get to sleep near Paul, who has always been my first love." Penny was shaking her head as Cindy went in to join Paul in the bedroom.

Sally and Ed sat next to each other at breakfast the next morning with Cindy directly across from them. They had been up and showered long before Cindy was up. Ed became aware that he was being stared at by Cindy. "What is the matter, Cindy, do I have egg on my face?"

"No Ed, I was just wondering about last night. Mom said you and Aunt Sally are sleeping together. I was trying to see if you looked any different."

"I don't think this is a proper conversation for breakfast, but why would we look any different?"

"Because." Cindy didn't know how to continue.

"Because you are curious, is that why?"

Cindy knew she had overstepped some line she wasn't aware of. Ed took her hand and led her into the living room. "Cindy, do you know what invasion of privacy is? Cindy shook her head. "That is like if you are in the bathroom with the door shut. You don't want your mother to come in when you are in there. Right? This is much the same. This is private between your Aunt Sally and me.

"I could have shouted at you that it was none of your business and you would have been mad and hated me. You are just learning things and we all trying to teach you what is right and wrong. I'm not mad, but I have to tell you it is very private and I won't say any more about it."

"Thanks, Ed. You always explain things so clear. I just know if I had spent the night with you, I wouldn't be as calm as Aunt Sally is this morning."

"Thank you, Cindy, I'll take that as a compliment. But remember, Aunt Sally and I are adults. That makes the difference."

Both Sally and Penny were the curious ones when Ed and Cindy returned to resume the interrupted meal. Cindy sat with her head down as she finished her own. Ed finished first and left to do some paperwork. Penny said. "What did Ed say to you?"

"He said what he and Aunt Sally did was none of my business. He said it in a way, just like he always does, that let me know what he meant. My face got red when he gave me an example. He is just so nice and I am going to miss him so when we move." Tears came to Cindy's eyes and she went to her bedroom.

Sally said after she left, "If Cindy was a little older, I believe she would challenge me for Ed."

Ed and Penny had to work the next week. Cindy had school the first three days before the break for Christmas. This left Paul and Sally at home alone. Monday evening Sally asked Ed, "What do you want me to do? There isn't any housework to do. Paul is perfectly happy sitting at the computer working, if you can call it that, on those books about buying and selling futures. Give me something to do."

"Bored with your lover, about to be husband already?"

"God no, but you aren't here. All my life I have either worked or had to worry how to get this or that done so I could get ready for work. Television has always seemed such a waste to me. I just don't have anything to do, that's all."

"You said one time within the last two weeks that you didn't have time to be with Paul. How about you start and write a little history about him. Start with when you first discovered he was autistic. List any stimuli he reacted to. I know he likes pizza. He makes that known well enough. If he has something he hates, list that.

"I want to get to know my soon-to-be-son and this will help me. Some day we are going back to the university for more tests. They have established a baseline. If we had a little chronicle and gave that to them before a test they might recognize something they wouldn't otherwise."

"You mean I could just be with him during the day and you wouldn't expect more of me? I've never had a chance like this before."

"Daytimes yes, nighttimes though, I want you with me."

"I'm so lucky!"

Tuesday the Fed-Ex delivery truck came in the middle of the afternoon with a package addressed to Sally. She opened it, and tears came immediately to her eyes. Her mother had sent her grandmother's wedding dress to wear. It was just a little big for Sally's petite frame, but with a little tucking in and with pins she would be beautiful in it. She hung it where the wrinkles would all dissipate and Ed wouldn't see it.

Penny and Cindy were thrilled with how she looked when Sally modeled it for them. Bill was standing in with Ed for the wedding and had arranged to have a simple ceremony in the church he attended. It was set for the day after Christmas at two in the afternoon. Penny was standing in with Sally. Cindy was the only extra and it was planned for her to carry a bouquet of flowers.

Ed had a problem what to buy Sally for Christmas. Saturday morning he went shopping in town dragging Penny along with him to help with sizes. When they reached town Ed said, "Penny I want Sally to have some really nice things. I think she looks nice in blue, so try to find some outfits you think she will like and look good in. Get two more dresses, both in black.

"One should be basic and the other loaded with lace. Don't stint, and get her a nice selection. I'm going over to the jeweler and find some things to go with her new clothes. Is there anything you want while I'm over there?"

Penny laughed, "No, Bill will take care of what I need. You have already outfitted me with all the clothes. Ed, if you are going to buy earrings, remember Sally's ears have never been pierced. She also might like some sexy underthings. Do you want me to pick those out, too?"

"Yes, of course. Now what am I going to get Cindy? She is going to be thirteen very shortly."

Ed took more than an hour to make his purchases and had them put in a shopping bag. Penny was waiting for him at the boutique with everything gift wrapped. It made quite a pile and he had to make two trips to the car to get them all loaded. That afternoon he took Sally shopping so he could buy for Penny and Paul.

The first stop was to buy for Cindy. They chose a beautiful tan wool coat with a velour collar. Sally helped him pick out a beautiful dress. Something Cindy could wear to their wedding, and her mother's too when she married Bill. She also chose a little hat to match.

"What do you think we should get Paul?"

"I suppose the usual. He is always happy with packages. He can't care what is in them, but he has fun trying to get them open."

"That is what I figured. Let's get a dozen separate pizza gift cards and we will put a date on them for one a week. He will get onto how to spend them. I have ordered some online newspapers over the Internet that will start the first of the year. He can read those and they might help with what I'm hoping will develop. I also bought two different video games to play on his computer. If we get him some clothes, do you think that will be enough?"

"Way too much, Ed. You know I don't have any material things to give you. All I can give you is my heart and my love. Before the next year is out I hope I can give you a baby. How would you like that?"

"Your heart and love is the greatest gift you can give me and the promise of a baby is what I am hoping for. You have already given me Paul and a chance for me to love you. What more could I ask for?" They were standing in the middle of the sidewalk oblivious to the holiday crowd around them. Ed brought Sally to him and gave her a lover's kiss.

"Ed Bowen, what are you doing? I can't believe my eyes."

Ed turned and looked into the face of Eloise Hartley. He smiled broadly. "What am I doing Eloise? I was just kissing my girl and telling her how much I love her. It is Christmas and a time to be happy. Oh by-the-way, you can tell everyone that you were the first to hear that Sally and I are getting married Tuesday, here in town."

"What happened to Mrs. Peters? The one who I bought Alice's clothes from."

"She is still with me and will be until after the holidays. She is dating a man and they have expressed an interest in becoming closer."

"That would be Bill Brokaw. You and Bill have always been close friends and the two most eligible bachelors in town. It isn't fair for these women to come in from out of town and take our men from us." Eloise looked so serious and then she smiled. "Congratulations to you and the best wishes to both of you. I hope you will be happy." She said this as she hurried off.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.