Kate - Cover

Kate

Copyright© 2013 by Kaffir

Chapter 13

They awoke slowly virtually together. Both lay still not wishing to disturb the other or their intimacy. Both were aware of Andrew's morning erection. Katrina gloried in it. Andrew slightly less so because he knew it happened anyway but he had to admit that a lissom body in his arms was a boost. Nevertheless, he could not take advantage of it and he was also almost bursting to go to the loo.

He tried to remove his hand from Katrina's breast but she held it firmly where it was.

"Katrina, sweetheart, let me go or I'll have an accident."

"Promise to come back quickly."

"Promise."

Grumblingly she released his hand and Andrew ran to the bathroom.

"Don't pull the plug," whispered a voice behind him. "I'll be back with you in a minute."

She was and wrapped her plastered arm as best she could round him.

"Sorry," she whispered, "but at least I can get closer to you and for longer."

"Sorry nothing," he whispered back. "It means I can hold you closer."

They kissed tenderly and then held each other close.

"Andrew darling, you're excited. Do you want... ?"

"No, darling. I've been getting excited for the last few weeks. I can hold off a bit longer. Much as I desire you, lust you, love you, I want to wait until you are out of plaster and won't get pregnant. I'm sorry. That may sound cold and calculating but it isn't, I promise you. It's just that I want you to participate and enjoy our first love-making as much as me."

Her lips found his.

"Oh, my precious Andrew! When are you going to start thinking about yourself?"

"I am. You're part of me, Katrina."

"Oh God!"

They clung to each other.

It was Andrew who moved things on.

"Katrina, my poppet, my precious, I'm getting a bit peckish and we ought to ring our offices in ten minutes or so."

Katrina growled. "Blooming work! Isn't love more important?"

"Much, my sweet, but we've still got to earn our daily bread to keep that love alive."

"Bloomin' barrister! All the arguments! I still love you though you, you..."

Andrew stifled her with a kiss which showed no remembrance of time or work. They did however make the kitchen and, while the coffee brewed, rang their offices. Both received sympathy and understanding. Katrina also had to ring County and received the same.

After that Andrew covered her cast with a bin bag and they showered together. That allowed him to worship Katrina's back for the first time. She also did some worshipping. It was half past eleven before they were able to go ring hunting.

That did not take as long as Andrew had envisaged. They chose one with alternating emeralds and diamonds and were both thrilled with it. Katrina went to her doctor's surgery, obtained a prescription for the pill which they cashed. After which they had lunch in Pitsbury and then drove home.

"I really ought to get writing up the last of my court case," said Andrew. "Do you mind?"

"No because after that's out of the way you'll be free to devote yourself entirely to me and continuing your current story."

"Yes, miss. Very good, miss."

"And since you're in an obedient mood you can put some nice music on and then give me a loving kiss."

"How about a loving kiss before the music as well?"

"Now you're thinking, Mr Whitehead."

They acted on that immediately.

Katrina sat happily listening to the music but then her conversation with Andrew about reconciliation with her parents came back to her. She was not entirely comfortable about the decision they had reached. Andrew had clearly felt it would be a good idea but had backed down on it being a decision for her and Nigel. She was pretty sure that he had never told their parents of his marriage to Tamsin. She did not want to stir anything up and her parents had responded negatively to Gran's overtures. On the other hand...

As she and Andrew sat down with a drink before he started to prepare supper she said, almost timorously, "Andrew, my parents. I dismissed your suggestion pretty shortly. Would you mind if I talked it over with Nigel."

He smiled gently. "Of course not, my sweet. They're yours and Nigel's parents and the decision rests with you two. As I said I don't want to come between the two of you. Give him a ring."

Katrina looked at him for a moment before replying. "You are a very sweet and understanding man," she whispered. "No wonder I love you more and more every minute I spend with you."

That led to a gentle kiss and tear-filled eyes.

"Oh, my Andrew!"

He smiled gently and lovingly. "Oh, my Katrina!"

She turned into him and he held her until she pushed herself away. "Bloody arm!" she exclaimed.

Andrew did nothing more than smile again. "Ring Nigel." he said softly. "I'll go and start on sups."

He kissed her forehead, got up from the sofa, reached for and handed her the phone.

She got Tamsin.

"Hi, Tamsin, it's Katrina. Is Nigel home yet? I've got a problem."

"Not with Andrew already?"

She chuckled. "No, love. The parents. Did you do anything about them when you got engaged?"

"I don't think so but you'd better check with Nigel. They certainly didn't come to our wedding as you well know. Hang on a mo and I'll get him."

"Hello, my Kate. Tamsin tells me you're wondering what to do about the parents."

"Yes. It had never crossed my mind to do anything about them but then Andrew mentioned it. I told him it was past history and that I hadn't seen or heard from them since they chucked us out. He was hoping it might lead to a reconciliation but he said he wasn't going to push the issue and that he didn't want to upset yours and my relationship. Nigel, he doesn't know them and doesn't need to but he's such a sweet man and comes from a loving family that he just felt that they ought to be given a chance. Did you tell them about you and Tamsin? I know they didn't come to your wedding."

"No, I didn't. They chucked us out as sinners. OK they 'did their duty' and finished your home education but from what you told me later you were scarcely on speaking terms with either of them."

"Right! It was miserable and they couldn't wait to see the back of me. Gran said she tried to reconcile them to us but got nowhere."

"So! They dropped us and showed no remorse so I don't see any reason for either of us to have anything more to do with them."

"Nor do I but, Nigel, somehow Andrew's started me thinking that I might offer them a chance of reconciliation."

"Up to you, my Kate. I won't stand in your way although if they do accept your olive branch don't expect me to welcome them with open arms. They blame us for the incest, which I shall never regret..."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.