OVERBOARD! - Cover

OVERBOARD!

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Chapter 44: We Have a Weekend at Home.

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 44: We Have a Weekend at Home. - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

Friday morning when I got up I was feeling pretty good. Kay was going to be home later and that, all by itself, was enough to have me feeling good. On top of that, my first survey trip had gone well and the holding company didn't have too many questions after their first quick review of the report I'd sent them.

I stayed in the kitchen, relaxing with my second cup of coffee, before getting to work. Today was my regular half work day and I was figuring I would get my exercise done for the day before Kay was home. It bothered me a little that she wouldn't be home until after six but I figured I'd wait for her to get home before having dinner. We could go to our Italian place but being it was Friday, I expected them to be busy and I'd have to remember to make reservations in the afternoon.

I was in my office and still had several things to do in my regular routine when my phone rang. "Lister I.T. Service," I answered.

"Ian Thompson for Mister Lister, please," a female voice said.

"This is he."

"Hold for Mister Thompson," she said and the phone clicked.

About five seconds later I heard another click and then, "Rob? Ian here and I have Hank Stein with me, you're on speaker."

"Good morning gentlemen, how are things there in Colorado?"

"Things are good. From where you are what can you tell me about our resort here, the one you did all that work in? I want to know to what extent your monitoring covers us," said Ian.

I started typing on my keyboard to bring their system up on my main screen. "My system is constantly reviewing what your computers are doing and I can tell you they're doing what they're supposed to be doing." By this time I had their system parameters on my screen and was reading them even as I was speaking. "The last data backup was transmitted to the Denver servers just after one o'clock this morning. The Denver servers received the data, checked it for anomalies, found none and transmitted an acceptance message back to the resort's computers."

"And that happens every night, correct?" asked Hank.

"Correct. When the Denver servers transmit the acceptance back to the resort, they also transmit a system checked message to my servers. This way I can see the backups are occurring daily without problems and I can also see that both the resort computers and the Denver computers are working the way we expect them to."

"I take it that will happen for each of our properties when you complete the upgrades at them," said Ian.

"Essentially, yes, but not exactly. After I make a programming change to the Denver system, it won't transmit the system checked message until after it has the backups from each property complete and on file. As a failsafe, if for some reason the backup data doesn't come in from one or more properties, the Denver system will transmit a trouble message at a specified time. That way I'll know there is a problem when I do my morning system checks."

"We were just confirming what was going to happen, Rob," Hank said and then continued, "Ian and I wanted to ensure you would be able to monitor each property as it was brought on-line. That you weren't going to wait until they were all on-line before monitoring them."

"No, I'll make changes as each property is ready, unless you want me to do something different."

"No, Rob, like Hank was saying, we were just confirming that the properties would be monitored as they each were modified. Let me go on. We've reviewed your report from the Anaheim property. It doesn't look like you found anything very significant there, which was as we expected because, along with our Hawaii properties, the California property is one of our newest."

"Anaheim is keeping the backup files on site. Aside from a new phone line connection and a software upgrade, there isn't much that has to be done to bring it up to where you want, where we agreed they should be with off-site backups. Speaking of the Hawaii properties, I want to do them next week. Hank, I need you to give them the heads up that I'm coming out to do the surveys. As I understand it, they are each a stand-alone system. Is that correct?"

Hank answered my question, "Yes, they're stand-alone properties and there is very little interaction between them since they're each on a different island. I'll send out an email today to let them know you'll be there next week. What order are you going to do them in?"

"I was going to do Oahu, then Kauai and then finish on the Big Island. I'll fly into Oahu, Monday and fly out of the Big Island, Friday."

"They'll be ready for you."

Ian came on, "Did you have any problem getting access or cooperation in Anaheim?"

"No more than I expected. There really isn't anything you can do about it, either. They hear I'm working for Denver and they get worried about their jobs. It's a natural reaction and worry. After I talk with them for a little bit they understand I'm not there to hurt them and things settle down."

Ian responded, "If you need to use my name, don't be afraid to, you work for me and this company. They do, too, and if you need to call me or have them call me, do that."

"I will but only if it's absolutely necessary."

"Okay. I have a separate issue now, Rob."

"What's that, Ian?"

"Accounting is concerned that you have access to the backup files and can read the credit card numbers used by our guests, along with other financial information."

"As a normal course of business, as we've set it up, I can't. The information is in the backup files on the Denver servers, not here on my servers. I can access them but I would have to actively work at it to do so. In effect I'd have to hack your system to retrieve that type of information."

"That will be reassuring to the Accounting Manager."

"Is there anything else I can do for you this morning, gentlemen?"

"Hank, have you got anything else for Rob?"

"No, I'm good. I'll send that email out to the Hawaii properties before lunch today."

"Alright, Rob. We're done for now. One question, are you going to send us individual reports on the Hawaii properties?"

"Yes, a separate report on each property, as I complete it. Now that I know you're happy with the report I sent you on the Anaheim property, I'll use that same format for all the other properties and it will be easier to do them while I'm in the field."

"Good, we'll be looking for your first Hawaii report by Wednesday, then. We'll talk after we review it. Talk to you then."

"I'll talk to you next week. Have a good weekend, gentlemen."

"You, too, Rob." Ian broke the connection.

My next step was to call my contact with the airlines. I needed tickets to and from Hawaii. I figured I'd fly into Honolulu from Lindbergh Field on Monday and then return there from the airport in Hilo on Friday. I knew there were shuttle flights between the islands so I wasn't worried about going from one hotel to another.

I spoke to my airlines guy and told him what I needed. I also wanted to play fair with him and not take advantage of my relationship with him and the airline. I told him I'd be doing more travelling between now and the end of the year, a lot more than was typical for me. When he asked I told him the truth, business was good and I was servicing a new large client. He congratulated me on the increase in my business and told me there wouldn't be any problem as long as I could give him at least a couple of days forewarning. I told him I could work with that.

A little after two in the afternoon, while I was sitting on a lounge, reading by the pool, Kay called me.

"Is something wrong, Kay?"

"No, we've completed what we needed to do on the North Island airfield and we're on our way to Miramar. I had a few minutes of free time and thought I'd call the guy who makes me feel so good about things. What are you doing?"

"Other than making my travel arrangements to go to, and return from, Hawaii, just my usual things for a Friday. What time do you expect to be home?"

"Guy told us that unless there's a problem at Miramar we should be back at our parking lot about five-thirty and we'll be able to leave as soon as we're off the bus. I should be home by six."

"Good, I'll make reservations for us at the Italian place for seven."

"I'd like that. I called mostly to tell you I love you and when I'll be home."

"That means you've accomplished half your goal then."

"Hunh?"

"You've told me when you'll be home but you haven't told me you loved me, yet."

"I love you, I love you, I love you. Now both of my goals are met."

"Yes they are and I love you, too, at least as many times as you love me."

"You're such a goof sometimes. I've got to go; we're pulling into the airfield. I'll call you when I'm in my car and on my way home."

"I'll be waiting." I gave her a kiss and then closed my phone.

I finished my first time through the technical article I was reading and put it down. I thought about starting my in depth read and note taking but decided to put it off until I was on the plane Monday. I didn't have anything else I needed to do before Kay got home so I got out my bike and went for a ride. I thought an hour or so would be good exercise for the day.

I stepped out of the shower and put on shorts and a tee shirt to relax in until Kay got home. At a quarter to six Kay called.

"Hi, cutie-pie! On your way home?"

"No!" The anguish in her voice brought me up short.

"What's the matter, Kay? Where are you?"

"We got back here to the parking lot ten minutes ago. I'm standing next to my car and all my tires are flat! Linc and Ryan are with me; they looked at the tires and said they've been slashed."

"Okay, this is a problem but not a major one. You said the parking lot was safe, is Guy there?"

"No, he's putting up the bus."

"Can you ask Linc or Ryan to go get Guy? You want him to see the car and the damage."

"Okay, hold on." I heard her talking to them before she spoke to me again, "Ryan went to get him. What do I do?"

"Don't panic, we can fix this, it'll be okay. The first thing to do is get Guy to see the damage and I want you to use your phone to take pictures of the tires. Take one from each side to show the flats and then take close ups to show the cuts in each of the tires. Are the cuts in the treads or on the sidewalls?" I put my phone on speaker and started putting on some clothes to go to her.

I heard her taking to Linc again before she spoke to me, "Linc says the side walls on all four tires have been stabbed and cut."

"I'm going to throw some clothes on and come right out. Make sure Guy sees the tires are flat and the damage to the sidewalls. Isn't there supposed to be security watching over the building and parking lot?"

"Yes, we were told our cars would be watched over and safe, if we left them here." She was getting upset again. "What am I going to do? You're not going to be here next week. What am I going to do about my car? How am I going to get home now and back to work on Monday?"

"I'm going to come and get you; I should be there in twenty minutes, sooner if traffic doesn't hold me up. I'll get you home, no problem. We'll get your tires replaced over the weekend so you'll have your car for Monday and if for some reason it's not ready you can take mine. I won't need it."

"Guy is coming."

"Good, have him look at the car and also take pictures. Ask him to stay there with you until I get there."

I heard her talking to someone again before she spoke to me, "Guy said he's got to get security to look at the car and he went to the offices to get them. Linc and Ryan both said they'll stay with me until you get here."

"Okay, I'm going to get off the phone. You take the pictures and I'll be there as soon as I can. Don't worry, this is not a problem." I thought she could use the reassurance. "I'll see you in a few minutes." I closed my phone and headed for the door.

Traffic was worse than I thought it would be and it took me twenty-five minutes before I was pulling into the parking lot. It wasn't hard to find Kay, there was a small crowd off to the side and she was in the middle of it. I found a spot just a couple over from Kay's Honda.

I walked up to them and Kay saw me. "Oh, Rob, why'd this happen to me? What am I supposed to do?"

"For starters, don't panic. This is an inconvenience, not a crisis."

When I walked up there was someone crouched down by one of the tires. He stood up and Kay said, "Rob, this is Guy Portman. Guy, this is Rob Lister, my fiancé."

I reached out to shake his hand and said, "I think we've seen each other in the hallway, even if we haven't been introduced before."

"I think we have, Rob. This is a bit of a mess. I've talked with the security people in the office." He indicated a man in uniform standing with them." This is the security supervisor and he's told me they didn't see anything out of the ordinary during the week. They specifically checked on the cars here, including Kay's, Monday and Wednesday evenings, at least that's what they had in the daily log they keep."

I nodded a hello to him and then said, "Hello Linc, Ryan, it's good to see you again. I've heard you're both doing well here." I looked at Guy again. "What do you think happened here, Guy?"

"I assume Kay made you aware of the blow up that happened, Monday morning, before we left here."

"She did. She called me, Monday, while you were headed north. Do you think this is related to that?"

"Unless Kay has some other people as equally unhappy with her as Wayne was, then yes, this is probably related to Monday morning."

I looked over to Kay. "The reality is there is someone else who is unhappy with Kay, maybe even more unhappy than Wayne."

Kay looked down but everyone else turned to look at me and Guy's eyebrows went up before he asked, "Oh really?"

I looked over to Kay again; she looked up to me for a moment and then nodded. I took that as her permission to talk about Todd. I figured she would stop me if what I said became too much for her. "There is a young man who, the last that we knew, is still in jail as a result of his own actions. It wasn't directly related to Kay but she played a part in his craziness and he may be holding Kay responsible in some way for his problems."

"Do you think this could be his doing?"

"It is a possibility but I don't think there is a high probability of this being his doing. As I said, the last we knew, he was still in jail, awaiting trial on multiple sexual assault charges, drug charges, a criminal trespass charge, multiple incidents of assault on a police officer and I don't know what else. Considering the quantity of charges, their wide scope and the violent nature of them, I don't think he's eligible to be released on bond. He's going to remain in jail until trial. That should rule him out as the source of this mayhem."

All four of the others looked at Kay. Ryan said, "Todd? You're involved with what Todd did?"

Linc's head snapped around to look at Ryan and then he looked at Kay. "Uh-oh," came from him.

Then Guy started talking again, "Considering he's still in jail, we should probably check on that, I think this is probably related to Monday morning and Wayne. The security office has called the police and they should be here soon but I don't know how soon. They're going to want to talk to everyone, I'm sure. We need to also let them know about this Todd guy when they get here."

"What else should we do right now? Do you think it would be okay for me to call my garage and have them come out?"

"You can probably call them to give them a heads up but I don't think anyone should touch the car until the police are okay with it." Just then a patrol car pulled into the parking lot and made its way towards us.

We were with the police only half an hour. In that time, they quickly interviewed all six of us, asking what happened, when we knew what had happened, who found it, who touched the car, what we thought about it and who we thought was responsible for the vandalism. They were amazingly efficient and let us know the police report would be available Monday morning. They let us go and told us they didn't need anything more from the car but we would probably hear from the Detective Squad Monday as well.

Guy told us not to worry about the company or the damage. It was on the company's property, in what was supposed to be a secure parking area and he had already spoken with Marcus Peoples. The company would reimburse Kay for the tires and any other damage that resulted from the vandalism.

My garage was going to take care of the car and deliver it back to us at home, Monday. Kay would have to take our truck for work. We cleared out whatever was in Kay's car and put it in the truck and then went straight to the Italian restaurant for our dinner. We were ten minutes late getting there but it didn't matter, we still had to wait ten more to be seated. When we were, I asked, "How about a drink tonight? I think you can use one, something more than wine."

"Rob, I've never really drunk anything beyond wine. When we used to sneak a beer I never really liked it and left it for my brothers. I don't know what to have."

"I'll get you a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, it's a sweet drink. I think you can use both the sugar and the alcohol right now. Tonight has been a topper to a rough work week for you. It started out with a bang, had a busy several days and finished with another bang."

The waiter came to our table and we placed our order. I ordered the large Daiquiri for Kay and iced tea for myself to go with our meals.

"Why me, Rob? What'd I do to have this happen to me? I'm not a bad person and this is twice in one year that I'm having big problems with a guy on campus."

"Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry, you didn't do anything wrong. This isn't your doing and if you're looking for what you did wrong, you should stop because you didn't do anything wrong. If you're looking for cause and effect, it doesn't apply here. This is a case of life isn't fair, life just is. Todd and Wayne each have a screw loose, they're broken on the inside. They're broken in different ways but they are both broken and need help. You didn't break them and you can't fix them."

The drinks came and I watched as Kay tried her drink. "Mmmm, this is pretty good, I like the strawberry flavor."

"I'm glad you like it. You should be careful, though. They can sneak up on you if you have more than one."

"Can I have two?"

"You can have as many of them as you want. I'm driving and I'll make sure you get home okay." I was chuckling and she was smiling.

"What should I do, Rob?"

"About what? About your car? Your position? Wayne? Todd? The wedding? Us? What?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.