OVERBOARD!
Chapter 14: We Start Playing Cards

Copyright© 2013 by HandyMan

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 14: We Start Playing Cards - An early middle aged man starts out on a relaxing overnight sail for the weekend intentionally alone on his sailboat. As he is motoring down channel, out of the harbor, he is passed by a fully loaded party boat. A young college girl on the party boat sticks her head up and sees him on his boat, moments later she jumps overboard and swims over towards him. He brings her aboard and thus starts an unexpected relationship between them which includes a rescue, an education (for her) and a romance.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

Kay's turn:

Rob was gone when I got up this morning, just as he said he would be. I didn't hear him leave but that's okay, I really didn't have anything to tell him other than to have a good trip. He's a nice guy and I'm beginning to more than like him.

I've got to get moving, there is a lot to do this morning and I think I'll start with the registration nonsense. I'd like to get to school and get started before there is too much craziness on campus with new students. It's nice using the truck and not having to take the bus back and forth, especially with all the books. I'm glad I only have to carry them all at once now when I purchase them.

Parking is crazy; there are more people here than I thought there would be at this hour. I guess everyone had the same idea of getting an early start to beat the rush. At least all the parking areas are open and campus security isn't checking for stickers yet. I've got to get one of those while I'm here too so that's another stop to add to the list.

Damn! Three hours of fighting my way through registration, I've got all the classes I need to take this semester but I'm still screwed. One of my classes is going to be Monday afternoons; there is no option if I'm taking it this semester and I have to do that to keep things in sequence. This is one of the disadvantages of being in a program that has limited enrollment. They only offer one class for some of the course material. This is going to play hell with my work schedule. At least there was nothing more than the routine hassle to get my scholarship money credited to my campus account. I'm so glad I don't have to pay for the tuition out of my own pocket. One office puts the money in and another takes it out. Maybe my advisor can give me an idea of what to do. He's one of the people I have to check in with today anyway so he'll have to be my next stop. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be too sympathetic though. First he's going to tell me I have to take the class when it is given then he's going to tell me if I don't want the class and the program it's connected to there are a lot of other students that are willing to do whatever it takes to get the scholarship money I'm getting. I'm going to have to make a choice and it really is a no brainer, it has to be the course and the program. He's right about the scholarship money too; any one of my classmates would jump on it given a chance. I'm lucky to be here and I can't do anything that would jeopardize my standing.

Two more hours shot. An hour and a half of waiting then half an hour to be in and out of my advisor's office. He's happy to see me and all but there isn't anything that can be done for the scheduling, just as I figured. He gave me the talk though, I'm getting into the meat of the program now, this is where the lightweights fall to the side and the serious students move on. Yada, yada, yada. He's not a bad guy and he's really only telling me what he's supposed to but if he asked, I could give him the same speech. When he pulled my file up on his computer, he saw that my address changed and asked me why. His eyebrows went up when I told him why. Once I told him I was now sharing a house with an older man, he really put me through the ringer and seemed to be genuinely concerned for my safety. It wasn't too hard to calm him down when he looked at the address. He knows the neighborhood the house is in. He said it's a good one and if I'm living there maybe I didn't need the scholarship after all. He was laughing though so I know he was joking.

I wonder if I should tell him about Todd and what he tried with me. Would he believe me? He's my advisor, he's supposed to be on my side and help me. Is there anything he can do about it? I know that if I even mention it to him he HAS to report it as a sexual assault. The school administration will get involved and so will campus security. They do that just to protect themselves from a lawsuit if for no other reason. There will be a ton of questions they'll ask me and then they'll talk to him, it'll be his word against mine. There's no proof of anything and I didn't even see him put it in my drink, I just know how I was feeling after I drank a little of it. I don't even know the girl who told me about it. I wouldn't recognize her if she was standing right in front of me. No, I can't tell him about it without causing myself all sorts of problems so I won't. I'll keep my mouth shut and just stay away from Todd and his buddies.

The campus bookstore is another zoo. I'm surprised a state Fire Marshall isn't telling the school there are too many people in here. I finally have all my books together in a basket, two of these suckers were not where I expected them to be. What the heck were they doing in with the architecture books? It doesn't matter; I've got all the books I'm supposed to for the semester, now I just have to check out. Oh my aching wallet! Even with the scholarship money I have to shell some out here. I have to wait until classes actually start to have the meal plan money I'm supposed to have credited to my general account but that money will go for my lab fees. I don't have to pay those until I start each class they apply to. I'll have to take some out of my pocket for those too. Jeeze! School isn't cheap. At least this year I don't have to get any money from Mom and Dad. I've got to remember to lead with that when I call home tomorrow.

Home again. I've got the books in my room but they're not put away yet. That will have to wait for later or tomorrow. Registration turned out to be an all-day affair. It shouldn't take this long to do all the things I had to do for registration. If it was just me it wouldn't have, but with the cattle call of all students registering this week it does take all day. The freshmen have it even worse; thank goodness I never have to go through that again.

Well so much for cleaning house today. I hope Rob isn't upset about my cleaning (or lack of it) today. I don't know when he'll be home today but I can at least get the laundry going.

Rob's turn:

It's been a long day, a good one but a long one. As soon as I get my parts kit off the luggage carousel I'll call the house and let Kay know I'm on the ground and will be home in about forty-five minutes. Thank goodness for the car service. When I booked them to pick me up I also booked them to take me home. I know it might be a little less expensive to take a cab but since I use them fairly frequently the car service takes good care of me. The drivers will load my parts kit and any other luggage right from my door or the curb here at the airport and they'll bring it into the house for me. On my way out it isn't as important as on my return, I'm more tired on the return trip.

I stepped into the house with the driver right behind me. Between the two of us it only took one trip from the car. I tipped him and he left. I was wondering where Kay was when she appeared from the kitchen carrying a basket of linens. "Hi there Kay, how's it going?"

She stopped to talk with me and put down the basket. "Hi Rob, not too bad. I didn't get all the things done that I wanted to but I'm still working on it. I still have one load to put in the washer and besides that I just started one in the dryer. That will finish all the laundry."

"Was there that much to do?"

"After changing sheets all around it worked out as five loads and I've been working on them since I got back from registering for the fall semester."

"Did that go okay?"

"It went okay but the campus was a zoo and the freshman class hasn't even started their on campus registration yet. I do have one scheduling conflict that is going to hurt me some but there isn't anything I can do about it. I have a Monday afternoon class I can't get out of or reschedule and Monday's are when I do my afternoon shift at the restaurant. I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have to give that up but the manager might be happy about it because he won't have to justify cutting someone else."

"Ouch, that will hurt you right where it counts, in the pocket. How much of your regular income do you get with that shift and can you live without it? Are you going to ask for a different afternoon shift?"

"I've thought about it and even though it's a quarter of my workdays, since it's the afternoon shift, it only accounts for about fifteen percent of my income so I think I can live without it. I won't be able to put as much away for the car I need and I'm not happy about it but it is what it is. I can ask for a different afternoon shift but I'm not going to, I try to keep the week clear as an uninterrupted block so I can concentrate on my class work without having to break off and do something else, like go to work. Besides, even though he likes my work, I don't think the manager will accommodate me that much."

"I assume you've looked into different class scheduling to free up your Mondays."

"Yeah I did. I looked at it with the registration office, I looked at it myself and I looked at it with my advisor. His response reminded me of some of the conversations I've had with you. He didn't try to weasel word it, he just said with this being the only time the class is scheduled and that I have to have it before moving beyond it, I have to make a choice. Do I want the job or do I want the class and the program, as if there is any real choice there. He wasn't being mean about it; he was just cutting through all the nonsense. He was also concerned about my new living arrangements. Since you're a single guy older than me by a good bit and not registered with the campus housing office as being available to take in borders, he was worried about you taking advantage of me and my need for housing." She got a big grin on her face and went on. "I told him you were a cad, that you assaulted me on a regular basis and I had to bar my door at night so I could get some sleep in relative safety."

"You didn't really say that did you? Really Kay, he might take it seriously and do something. I don't know what but something, and then where would we be?"

"Relax Rob; I'm just getting even with you a little for the pool attack and letting you know I haven't forgotten about it. I did have to tell him about my new living arrangements but I also made sure he realized I was as safe as if I was back home in Kansas."

"If they come hunting me, you WILL need to bar your door at night!"

She was still chuckling as she picked up the laundry basket and headed towards my room. I had to put things from my trip away so I followed behind her and went to my office.

I was standing at the file cabinet when she came in through the bathroom. "How was your trip?"

"It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I only used about half the parts and components I brought with me but the job is done. I took the I.T. manager out to lunch and we talked about how things were going from his point of view. Talking with him I actually got a couple of ideas for the program I'm working on. If I ever get it done and doing what I want, it should really be a help to me. Of course I'll have to sell it to my clients first but that shouldn't be too hard. Anything else happen I should be aware of?"

"I put the copy of my driver's license on the desk as you asked me to. Consider it my way of reminding you to put me on your insurance. Classes start a week from Monday. The cats are still bed hogs and you still need to get me a credit card to use for the things around the house. I took the truck yesterday and you're down to less than a quarter tank. I would have filled it but I don't have the card yet and I don't know if you have a particular brand of gas you want me to use."

"Let me make a note to myself and I'll take care of both the insurance and the credit card tomorrow morning. When you fill the truck or my car I'm not particular as far as a brand goes, just use the right grade of gas. Do I owe you any money for anything?"

"No I spent a ton today with registration and at the bookstore but that was all my stuff and my money. It still looks like I won't have to get any money from my parents this year and I'm planning on using that as a reason for my immoral living arrangements when I call them tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that phone call but it's got to be done. I figure on cleaning the house tomorrow and work until it's done then call them before dinner. That will be after dinner there."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.