Somewhere in Time - Pocket Watch - Cover

Somewhere in Time - Pocket Watch

Copyright© 2013 by MattHHelm

Chapter 13

"Aaaaiiiiieeeeeeeee!" Another bloodcurdling scream pierced the air as we raced up the stairs. It had come from the hallway where the master bedroom was located. We rushed through the door, guns at the ready and screeched to a halt. Mother broke out in uncontrollable giggles when she surveyed the scene. Red-faced, Jackie and I holstered our guns.

My wives were clustered around the bed. There was a woman there that I didn't know. Rebecca was lying on the bed with her knees up. Now I might be slow, but I'm not stupid. She was in labor. There was plenty of excitement, so we weren't really noticed, except by Clementine. She was seated in a rocker next to the bed. I have no idea where that rocker came from, as I had never seen it before.

Then I noticed that she was holding a baby in her arms. This baby didn't look like it had just been born. I started to move over to where she was but Mom beat me to it.

"Say hello to your grandson," Clem said, with a smile. "We've named him Eugene V. Applebee II. We hope that will be an acceptable name for him."

"Let me hold him," Mom gently asked. "Let me take a look at my first grandchild."

The baby looked healthy and he cooed at his grandmother. She was delighted. I proudly looked at him and Mom. I took Clementine up in my arms and we passionately kissed. She moaned in my mouth as she began to respond to my ministrations. There was wetness on my chest and when I looked at her dress there where were dark wet circles where her nipples stood out.

Another cry came from the bed just then, though it was the soft, gentle cry of a new baby entering the world this time. There were oohs and aahs from my wives as the midwife wrapped the baby in the waiting blanket. Someone had knitted a little cap for its head and had placed it on the baby. The cap was pink.

Dana and Becca moved a little just then so that I could see the face of my wife Rebecca. She noticed me now that her ordeal was over.

"Eugene!" she cried, "Oh, come see, Eugene. Come look at our daughter. Isn't she beautiful? I'm so glad you were able to make it. We were wondering when you would come again. Did you see your son?"

"Yes, Darling, I have seen my son. My mother is holding him right now, but let's see you and our daughter."

Stepping through the circle of women, I gently sat down on the bed. Rebecca's chest was laid bare and our daughter was nursing. I noticed that Rebecca's unused nipple was leaking colostrum. Leaning over and gently kissing Rebecca, we put as much love into it as we felt right now. I then placed another kiss on my daughter's head when I broke the kiss with Rebecca.

"I would like to call her Alexandria Bernice, after my two grandmothers," Rebecca said to me, "If that's all right with you."

"Of course, it is, my dear. Anything you want would be all right with me. I'm just so pleased that everything is alright."

My other wives greeted me one at a time. Their gravid bellies told me that the midwife would be working quite diligently over the next few weeks. It seemed that everyone was pregnant, extremely pregnant, and ready to pop pregnant. It looked like our house's population was soon to double. The midwife, Mrs. Edna Baird, moved everybody out of the room except the grandmothers, mothers, and myself.

She was explaining the baby's care to Rebecca. That would be a bit unnecessary because of the maternal support available to her by her mother and her mother's sister-wives who already had babies, and Clementine would also be able to assist with the baby, of course. The midwife got her up after a little bit and walked her across the hall to the nursery. There were beds for little Alex and Rebecca in the room.

Mom and Mother Dana stripped the sheets from the bed and replaced them with new sheets while we were there. They took the birthing material down to be washed, and wrapped the placenta up to be buried out behind the house. All this happened while I was holding little Alexandria. There was a rocker in the room that had been in the crate along with the bed and the crib. There was a dresser filled with little girl clothes beside the crib.

The midwife suggested that we leave so that Rebecca could get some rest. I didn't want to go but knew better than to buck the orders of the healthcare professional. Mom said she was going to stay with Rebecca and the midwife approved. Dana and I left the room and closed the door after us. Dana took her leave and headed downstairs. I reentered the master bedroom and found Clementine and Eugene 2 on the bed. She was resting with her eyes closed, propped up on a pillow. Eugene was lying on his back on the bed sucking milk from Clementine's left breast. It was a beautiful sight to behold.

I slipped into bed on Clem's right side as gently as I could. She felt me and drowsily opened her eyes. A weak smile crossed her lips. Whispering, I told her she didn't need to talk. I told her that our son was handsome and thanked her so very much for giving life to that little bundle of joy. My hand brushed across t her chest's soft, warm skin as I pulled her to me in a loving embrace. Her nipple dislodged from Eugene's mouth and milk sprayed for a moment before stopping. Eugene was asleep for the time being.

I apologized to Clementine for not being there when Eugene was born. She said for me to not worry about it; that she understood. She said that she accepted it and knew it would probably happen when she married me. She was just happy that she was able to provide me with a son and heir. There would be more births in the next couple of weeks, and there may be a son or two born.

I knew we would have a busy time for the next couple of weeks. It's a good thing we did wait until Thanksgiving to make the time trip, because we would be spending quite some time here. The young wives were glad to have Mom here with us. They showed their pleasure that night. I got the opportunity to nurse Clementine while making love to my still pregnant wives. I love the feeling of the rounded bellies. Nothing is more beautiful in my eyes than a pregnant woman. One of the benefits of pregnancy, of course, is that the titty fairy paid a visit, enlarging those assets even more. I certainly wasn't one to complain.

The next morning was something else. Everyone was vying for my attention, even Rebecca. I nursed her a little, but told her I'd certainly help out more once little Alexandria was sucking a full stomach's worth. Clementine also offered me a chance to relieve the pressure on her breast. The other wives relieved my pressure while I was thus engaged. They were good about it, sharing with each other.

We all got up once everyone was satisfied. I held both my children for a little while, and handed them back to their mothers when breakfast was called. I was in for a surprise when I entered the kitchen. The remaining pregnant wives were busy in the kitchen cooking, each one wearing a frilly apron, and except for the velvet slippers they wore on their feet, that was all the were wearing.

I moved up behind Ginny, cupping her cheeks with my hands. I nuzzled her neck, lightly kissing it. My hands moved around the front as I fondly rubbed her heavy belly. I moved over one and repeated this process with Becca. She moaned a little, deep in her throat, at my touch. Susannah impatiently waited until she could wait no more. She sidestepped towards Becca, and nudged her hip into the smaller woman, thus making a place for herself in front of me. I stroked the flesh of her sides and that raised goose flesh. She too let out a moaning growl from her throat.

I left them alone for a while and breakfast soon was ready. I ate all I wanted and I thanked them each with a kiss, telling them there was work to be done on the ranch, and asking them to ring the bell when it was time to eat. Then exited through the kitchen door and stepped out into the ranch yard.

The corral held our livestock, or rather our horses. Saddling up, I headed out on the east side of the ranch. I had been riding for a short time when a large collie came charging up to me. She was barking to beat the band.

"What's the matter, Girl? What do you want? Do you want me to follow you?" I asked her. I figured out that she wanted me to follow her after a bit. "Alright, let's go, Girl!"

She took off like a streak heading north. I actually had to put the horse into a gallop to keep up. I finally came out upon a small green pasture with what looked like a line shack. The dog had quit running and was barking like a shelter dog at the well in front of the shack. Riding up to the shack, I tied my horse to the hitching post nearby and came up to the dog. She was still barking and it looked like she was barking at the well.

I loudly called out, "Hello." Shushing the dog, I listened. There was a small voice crying out for help. Looking down the well, there appeared to be a young boy floundering in the water at the bottom of the well. I called out to him, telling him I was going to lower a rope and that he should tie it around himself so he could be hauled up.

My roping saddle was built just for a similar purpose so the rope was tied to the saddle horn and a loop was made in the other end. I lowered it down and the boy got it around his body. My horse was trained well enough that just by me telling him to move forward, he took small steps that helped pull the boy upwards.

"H–h-hurry up," he stuttered, "I'm c-c-cold."

I could hear his teeth chattering together. Calling down to him, I asked him his name. He told me it was 'Timothy', but that everyone called him 'Timmy'. He reached the top and I pulled him up over the lip of the well. The dog was standing to one side, still barking.

"Good dog, Girl," I said, "I've got him out now. Everything's alright."

"Good dog my ass," Timmy responded, "That fucking dog knocked me into the well in the first place."

With that, Timmy pulled my gun from its holster and shot the damn dog dead. He smiled as he handed it back to me and said "Gee, thanks, Mister, you saved me."

Well, damn, was I surprised at his actions. It goes to show you never can tell what people are going to do in a stress-filled situation. Timmy told me that he had left his horse in the back corral where there was water in the trough, while he came up to here to get a drink himself. He had been reaching over to get the bucket rope when the dog leapt on his back. This caused him to lose his balance and fall headfirst into the well.

Getting Timmy into the sunlight helped him to start warming up from his ordeal. I asked him what he was doing here and he said his mama had sent him out looking for some wildflower that was used as an herbal remedy. I interrupted to ask if his mother was the local midwife. He answered in the affirmative and told me he was getting the remedies for his mother's practice.

"Your mom was just over at my place!" I exclaimed, "Here, wrap this blanket around you and we'll go look for her there."

I pulled a spare blanket from my saddlebag and handed it to Timmy. I went to get his horse for him and he was looking better by the time I returned. The dog's carcass was dragged away from the shack and left for the scavengers, two of which were already circling overhead. The vultures swooped down on the carrion as soon as I returned to Timmy and mounted up.

We headed out at a lope and arrived back at the ranch with only a little lapse of time. I called out as we approached the rear of the house. Jackie and Becca stepped outside together. Jackie descended the stairs and came to meet us when they saw I had company. I dismounted and gave her a quick kiss and a fondle. Timmy didn't mention it if he saw me. I introduced Timmy and that's when Becca disappeared back into the house.

Mrs. Baird appeared moments later, a concerned look on her face.

"What have you been into, Boy?" she demanded, "You look a fright."

"That damn dog what's been followin' me knocked me into the well at the shack. I'd be drowned by now if this man hadn't found me," He replied.

"I told you that mutt was no good. Now you'll believe me. You need to get rid of that pooch."

"Not a problem, Ma'am" I replied, "He took care of that little problem right quick."

I related the events of the day to her.

"Good!" was what she had to say. She turned and went back to look after her charges and Jackie took Timmy into the kitchen. He could warm up by the stove and she would make him some soup to warm his innards, too. I told Jackie I was going back out to finish up. She came up and brushed her lips across mine.

"Hurry back, Husband," she whispered, "I'm horny and I want you to make love to me. I'm sure we could get some of the others to help out."

That comment caught my interest and I indicated my agreement as I rubbed up against her. She could feel my manhood grow in anticipation. Tonight would be interesting. I adjusted myself and retrieved my horse. Mounting the black gelding once more, I turned his head northeast again. I reached the fence we'd installed while the house was being built an hour out. I turned north to follow the fence. I was at the corner posts of the fence another hour later. I'd repaired three breaks in the fence. None of them were complete breaks; only a single strand break was found at each location. They were easy repairs.

Dismounting and leading him by the reins, we navigated the switchback egress to the other side of the fence. I remounted and continued riding north. We were east of the Phillips' ranch and there was nothing out this way except sagebrush and scrub plants. I'd ridden about two hours now and decided to stop. There was a stream and a copse of trees about a half-mile away, so we headed in that direction.

I dismounted once in the glade, and allowed Blackie his head after putting the hobbles on so he wouldn't stray too far. I went over to the shade and laid down to rest, leaning against a tree and promptly falling asleep. I have no idea how long I'd been asleep when I woke to a splashing sound. I cautiously looked around. Not seeing anyone, I slowly stood.

The sound was coming from the other side of the copse, so I carefully made my way through the lightly wooded area. I kept myself hidden as best as was possible. I came up close, and finally was at the last tree before the stream. Peering around it, I saw what was making the sounds.

There in the stream, not thirty feet from where I stood, was a most amazing sight. Her skin was well tanned. I didn't see any tan lines. Her hair was flaming red and long. It cascaded down her back so that the ends covered the contour of the ass cheeks. She turned around and the uplift of her breasts gave the illusion of their being suspended as if by magic. There was no visible means of support and they stood high and proud on her chest nevertheless. I couldn't see below because of a tiny loincloth covering her most private place.

No one else was about. Her horse was tied to a tree on the other side of the stream. It was loaded down with her possessions. Her clothing was made of leather and lying on the big boulder at the edge of the water. It made me momentarily wonder what she looked like with the rest of her leather on. Not that I didn't mind the almost nude beauty standing before me. I watched as she bathed.

"You may come out now," she suddenly called out, "And take a closer look, if you want."

Shocked into speechlessness, I slowly stepped from the shadows. The young woman didn't flinch but continued to hold herself open to my visual scrutiny as I slowly approached, and scrutinize I did. I continued to stare for several long seconds. Her form was perfectly sculptured like a Venus de Milo in the flesh.

"See anything you like?" she asked, standing there in the open not bothering to cover herself.

"Ummm, it's just that, well, ah, I mean, err, well..."

"You're repeating yourself," she cautioned, "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Please," I begged, "Cover yourself before I lose control. You are without a doubt one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Your temptations are driving me to distraction."

"Well, why didn't you say so in the first place?" she said, as she left the water and pulled her leather breeches and vest on. We were able to talk, or at least I was once she was dressed. She told me her name. Catherine Little Hawk is the name she went by. She told me she was the daughter of a white woman, Margaret McGuire, and the great Indian Chief Running Bear. She left home in search of adventure when she turned eighteen.

We talked for what seemed like hours, but in fact was only about 20 minutes. My stomach rumbled at the most inopportune time. I asked her if she was hungry and she replied most definitely. I suggested we ride back to the ranch where we could continue our discussion and get something good to eat. She was agreeable and so we rode back to the house.

Nothing extraordinary happened on our ride, so we arrived at the homestead unmolested. It's sometimes nice to be able to go out without having to deal with an emergency. We dismounted, tied the horses to the hitching rail, and I escorted Catherine into the house. My wives came running to greet me when I called out that I was home. They stopped short when they saw Catherine.

Her flame red hair and hazel eyes belied her Indian heritage. Only the darkness of her skin gave any indication of that. I introduced her to my wives and suggested that we have some lunch together. Catherine and my wives were chatting like old friends by the time lunch was over. I was feeling a little left out, in fact. I shrugged, got up, and left the room, leaving by the back door to tend the horses.

She rode her horse Indian style with just a thin blanket as a pad, and a braided leather headstall without a bit for control. I took my horse to the barn and removed his saddle and bridle. I put on a halter and began to brush him out. I worked about five minutes when Mom came up behind me.

"I see you found a new friend," she said, "Are you thinking of adding to your collection here?"

"No, it's just that I came across her in my travels and invited her home for a meal, nothing more," I replied.

"Oh, I see," she rejoined, "And her being naked had nothing to do with it?"

I began to fumble around with my words again until Mom started laughing. She went on to say that she was just teasing me and that she wouldn't mind if Catherine did join us.

"She is an extremely beautiful woman, after all."

I had to admit that the thought was there, but in reality, I figured it would be best if we just kept her as a friend. That was all that she was interested in, too, as it turned out. My wives invited her to stay for a while and she took them up on it. She continued on her way in good time, promising to stop by every chance she got.

Our household had grown by six by the end of six weeks. Besides Victor, what we decided to call my firstborn son to avoid confusion, and Alexandria, we now had Raymond, Shelley, Megan, and Margaret. The last two daughters were twins from Ginny. I made a quick trip to the Princessipality and asked Wendy Too to come help when we discovered that there were two just prior to the birth.

She said she'd be there in a moment, and that she was going to get an assistant. She turned up with another woman, dressed in hospital scrubs, and carrying a bag. It turns out that she was a good personal friend of Dr. Margaret Mitchell. No, that was her grandmother. This Margaret Mitchell was the best OB/GYN in Grosse Point Shores.

Wendy Too selected her because Dr. Mitchell would deliver the twins without performing a C-section if at all possible. The twins came sure enough, as all babies do, in their own time. That was about two o'clock in the AM. I managed to be awake when the births occurred, and then promptly turned into an asshole by falling asleep right afterwards. Mom was fortunately there to act the grandmother part. That was my saving grace.

Wendy Too took Dr. Mitchell back. Oh, and I learned that the good doctor also possessed one of the minor watches, inherited from her grandmother who used it for researching her book. (You've seen the movie.)

We decided to head back uptime two weeks after that. Mom said it was a good time. The family was really organized around raising the babies and everyone took turns caring for the children in the middle of the night. Having five sources of nourishment for the babies has its plusses and a bonus for me, too.

We all gathered together and said our goodbyes. As we exited the house I activated the watch and we instantly appeared back home. We immediately went into the kitchen for Thanksgiving leftovers. Eating our fill took some time and when we were finished, the three of us headed to the master bedroom. The sun was rising when I wrestled my way into consciousness. The women were still asleep.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.