His Infernal Majesty's Service - Cover

His Infernal Majesty's Service

Copyright© 2013 by Lee Xavier

Chapter 15

I had just finished my soup when mom came into the room." Honey, I need you to do something when you're finished."

"I just did." I said getting up to put my bowl in the sink.

"Good, I want you to go over to Mrs. Compton's and take care of her yard work.

Damn, that's awkward. "Umm ... Ok sure."

Mom saw the expression on my face. " She's been through a rough time and she needs some help. I realize that this seems weird because of what's happened. I need you to be gentle and respectful to her. Please?"

"Ok mom, I'll get right on it."

She walked up and kissed my cheek.

"Good boy! Thank you. Please don't mention what happened, OK?"

I gave mom a hug "You raised me better than that."

She lit up " Thank you. I'm so proud of you. Eleanor and I are going to get our hair done So, I won't be home until dinner time." She went and picked up her purse and rummaged around for a second." Here's a twenty. You can keep whatever is left over."

"Thanks!" I knew the can was full because dad had me fill it two days ago after I finished our lawn. SCORE!

"I know the can's full. Fill it back up when you're done."

"Damn!"

Mom laughed and reached into her purse, pulling out another twenty." Here's a little something for your trouble." Kissing me on the cheek, she headed out.

I ran upstairs to change.

"Where are you going, kid?"

"Mom wants me to cut Stacy's grass. To be honest, it feels a little weird."

"Why? YOU didn't do anything. Stacy and her brother in-law did."

"Smart ass, you know what I mean."

"Yes I do. Just think of it as practice. You'll be in this same position thousands of times in

your life. You might as well get used to it."

"I guess." I said, pulling my shorts on. Reaching for my shoes, I began putting them on. "TreFual, sometimes this sucks."

He snorted and said " Kid, you have no idea. The best thing you can do is to savor each moment of the good times. Now, get out of here. I gotta run to the office and take care of some paperwork." TreFual seemed to think for a moment. "I think I'll have a smoke first."HE knows", that it'll be awhile before I get another chance."

"You can't wait a few hours?"

"Few hours, my ass! Time runs differently there. To you, I'll be gone a few hours. To me, it'll be a few weeks."

"Ouch, that's stinks."

"Shit, you're telling me. Get out of here, already." TreFual said, with a shooing motion of his hands.

"Ok, Ok, I'm going." Sheesh, I just got kicked out of my own room. I hope the little fucker chokes.

I went to the garage, grabbed the mower and made my way across the street. Knocking on the door I stepped back and waited. Stacy opened the door, She looked like shit. She must have lost twenty pounds since the last time I saw her. Her eyes were bleary and her hair looked like she hadn't washed it in a week. I felt my stomach turning.

Smiling, in what I "hoped" was a friendly way, I said " Hi, Mrs. Compton. Mom sent me over to do the yard."

"Hi, John." Stacy tried to smile and failed. "Your Mom told me you were coming. Just knock on the door if you need anything."

"Sure thing, Ma'am" Without saying another word, she closed the door. Feeling a bit down, I grabbed the lawn mower and got started.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.